LILLYS ENDING MAN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ThorkellTheTall

LILLYS ENDING MAN

Post by ThorkellTheTall »

DUUUUUUDE THAT WAS THE SICKEST SHIT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
IT WAS LIKE MFFFFFFFFFFFFFFNNNNNNNNNNN
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

GOD
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

I CANT EVEN DEAL
Rivan

Re: LILLYS ENDING MAN

Post by Rivan »

I think it's meant to scar you for life. You get to it, you think you've got a bad end, they it seems okay, but you're SURE this is the bad ending anyway, and then it... Somehow isn't and you piss your pants in happiness.

One of the weirdest and more emotional things that happened to me as a gamer. And reportedly Rin can be even more of a mind*uck.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
ThorkellTheTall

Post by ThorkellTheTall »

Rivan wrote:I think it's meant to scar you for life. You get to it, you think you've got a bad end, they it seems okay, but you're SURE this is the bad ending anyway, and then it... Somehow isn't and you piss your pants in happiness.

One of the weirdest and more emotional things that happened to me as a gamer. And reportedly Rin can be even more of a mind*uck.
DUDE MOTHERFUCKER
THAT
FUCKING
MUSIC BOX FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF THAT WAS THE SHIT I CANT THINK OF A BETTER WAY TO TURN THAT SCENE AROUND I WAS LIKE I KNEWWW ITTTTTTTTTTTT

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Deltamon

Post by Deltamon »

I honestly knew that I had the good ending all along, but what I was hoping for was: Hisao to man it up, and go with her to Scotland
Hanako = Shizune = Rin = Lilly = Emi
I just don't like categorizing people. Even if Hanako will always be the dearest for me, I still prefer if they all get equal share of love.
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

The moment I heard the music box, manly tears of joy were shed.

Which happened right after shedding manly tears of sorrow at the events leading up to the ultimate conclusion.
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
CrimsonKnight0

Post by CrimsonKnight0 »

NubChaos wrote:The moment I heard the music box, manly tears of joy were shed.

Which happened right after shedding manly tears of sorrow at the events leading up to the ultimate conclusion.
This. Simply hearing the faint music was enough for me to give a "YEAH!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!"
And then I d'awwed.
When Yamaku is... ashes, you have my permission to die.
techk8

Post by techk8 »

techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

NubChaos wrote:The moment I heard the music box, manly tears of joy were shed.

I am assuming quite some people here have their own problems.

My childhood wasn't exactly traumatic, but at moments, it could only be described as so (or close to being so).

One of the things that it changed in me permanently and is somehow out of norm is my absolute despise towards crying or tears in any form (i even feel intense displeasure and slight twinges of disgust when seeing other people crying, and that includes my own mother and all the pretty girls I know).

I'm not going to say that the ending was so epic that it made me cry (if it did, my "trauma" would kick in and I probably wouldn't talk about it), but for once, I understand everyone who did and I got teary-eyed.
Which is why I'll probably to complete the game 100% at a slow pace after all. I wonder how well-written and heartwrenching other paths are. But either way, I'm glad I played Lilly first.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

The ending, and in particular the mood-whiplash, was exceedingly well done. I'd already spoiled myself, so I knew it was coming, but I was still certain I'd somehow gotten the bad ending right up until the music box started playing. I stand in awe of the writers' skill, that they managed to do that to someone who already knew what would happen.
Hilarity

Post by Hilarity »

Lilly's was my favorite ending of them alll...

so glad I saved her for last, was too scared it wouldnt live up to my expectations
toast

Post by toast »

I heard the music box, but it cut straight to the main menu. Did I do something wrong or something? Is there a particular way choice route I have to take? Cause I just noticed there's a bunch of scenes I'm missing after "Farewell", too.
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

While the entire path itself wasn't better than Shizune's (to me!), the ending was much better, I think. I can't say much about writing, but it seemed to be paced in a way that was more enjoyable. Shizune is still my favorite, but Lilly is a strong #2 :)

Edit: Yes, I just about shutdown my computer when I thought I made a wrong choice somewhere.
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Deltamon wrote:I honestly knew that I had the good ending all along, but what I was hoping for was: Hisao to man it up, and go with her to Scotland
With his poor English skills, wouldn't be a smart move. :p
"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"I'll tutor you." - Misha
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
Palas

Post by Palas »

Xevo wrote:
Deltamon wrote:I honestly knew that I had the good ending all along, but what I was hoping for was: Hisao to man it up, and go with her to Scotland
With his poor English skills, wouldn't be a smart move. :p
The move he actually made only worked because it was stupid, as well.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Everything can always be solved by making a mad dash t the airport. nuff said