LILLYS ENDING MAN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ihatepeace22

Re: LILLYS ENDING MAN

Post by ihatepeace22 »

I remember when I got the bad end, I was almost crying, thinking it was the real one.

But then the credits scrolled up.... perfectly centered.

I don't think I've ever clapped my hands for losing before.

EDIT: And am I the only who REALLY dislikes ragecomics being made about this game?
No offense to the people who made them, it just seems... wrong.
Last edited by ihatepeace22 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Priest

Post by Priest »

Rivan wrote:I think it's meant to scar you for life. You get to it, you think you've got a bad end, they it seems okay, but you're SURE this is the bad ending anyway, and then it... Somehow isn't and you piss your pants in happiness.

One of the weirdest and more emotional things that happened to me as a gamer. And reportedly Rin can be even more of a mind*uck.
so it wasnt just me xD
In case of war hide in the trash can. it allways makes it unscratched somehow
Morishmael

Post by Morishmael »

Xevo wrote:
Deltamon wrote:I honestly knew that I had the good ending all along, but what I was hoping for was: Hisao to man it up, and go with her to Scotland
With his poor English skills, wouldn't be a smart move. :p
Agreed, it's made clear numerous times he's terrible with English and struggled even just to memorize those couple sentences he used when calling Lilly the 2nd time during her trip.
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

Morishmael wrote:
Xevo wrote:
Deltamon wrote:I honestly knew that I had the good ending all along, but what I was hoping for was: Hisao to man it up, and go with her to Scotland
With his poor English skills, wouldn't be a smart move. :p
Agreed, it's made clear numerous times he's terrible with English and struggled even just to memorize those couple sentences he used when calling Lilly the 2nd time during her trip.
but it'd be adorable for him to stubble around scotland before SURPRISE lilly is there a bit depressed and her Hisao is there whens he needs him.
Steve McQueen

Post by Steve McQueen »

The rage comic pretty much mirrors my experience.

I had really high hopes for the path. Been a reader a long time here on the forums, and never posted until today. I first played the public demo around 3 years ago, and I became really into the story. It was my first winter in a new graduate school, and I was rather lonely at the time. The story of a new kid in a strange new school really hit home with me. Act 1 helped me get through that winter with some sanity and some hope for the future.

From that first night I played the demo, I knew that Lilly path would be first up once, if ever, the full release came. Over the years, I set the bar really high for her story. I almost thought my expectations were too high, and that even if the release was great, it couldn't match them. My doubts were allayed not long after I started act 2. It was great.

What amazes me is how respectful the story was to the characters, and how sweet and bitter the moments were. The whole path felt so genuine. I just finished the path late last night. I intended to finish Act 4 today, but I couldn't stop playing it last night. I was completely sucked in to the narrative. Act 4 drained my emotional reserves to empty, and I don't even have the energy to care about the Steelers game on right now. I went through without a guide, and I thought I had a BAD END until the last second -- then bam HAPPY END! I feel good now, but incredibly spent.

I'm going to try at start the Emi path now to lighten me up some. But I've got to hand it to every person involved in the Lilly path. You folks did a grade A job.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Yeah, Lilly's ending totally fucked over my emotions. It says something about Katawa Shoujo that Lilly's route isn't even the biggest emotion-fuckery in the game. Because Rin's route. HOLY SHIT.
Riku

Post by Riku »

I got the neutral ending on my first go. For some reason, I felt like I really needed a hug. I just finished the good ending, and now I'm happier. But I still feel like I need a hug for some reason. This game has such a good story, one cannot help but to get sucked into it.
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Lilly's path is just so damn great. And the good ending: When Hisao's heart failed him at the airport and he wake up in hospital I was like: "GODDAMN IT CAN'T END LIKE THIS! WHY THIS HAS TO HAPPEN TO HIM!" And then tears of sadness appeard in my eyes. Suddenly a familiar melody was heard and I was like ---> :shock: . And when Lilly appeared it changed into ---> :D. I went through all stories and for me this one is the best as it just hits you emotionally really hard (however I can understand that somebody has a different opinion and may like any other story more).
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

In a sense it is a bit cruel, though. :)
If you are really enamoured by the story you will start to share the emotions that the characters are going through.
So when Lilly leaves you will be sad and when Hisao tries to understand what went wrong you probably start to calm down a little bit - but then, all of a sudden, he tries to get to the airport and this makes you, as a reader, probably rather excited but also a bit anxious. When he arrives at the airport and passes out the excitement vanishes and as soon you wake up in the hospital and go through what's happened you are really hit rock bottom because all your hopes have been crushed. Well, until the very last end, that is.
"[...] it's just a ride."
sabre98

Post by sabre98 »

BEST. ENDING. EVER.
Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

The ending made me cry,it was so perfect ;_;
Guest111

Post by Guest111 »

I actually went to sleep after he got that heart attack on the airport because it was so late.
Oh how I regret that now that I played it this morning.
I was so sad I think I actually cried a little when he got heart attack. (only time I cried when playing KS almost cried on Rin's path once)
Then when I heard the music box I was so happy l almost screamed.
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

@first two posts:

But yeah, Lilly's Good End was awesome. Loved it myself. My reaction wasn't nearly as...extreme, but...
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
Lolz2day

Post by Lolz2day »

I got the neutral/ bad ending and I was like THAT CAN"T BE IT, then I spent and hour or two trying to find what I did wrong.

Post by Guest »

I actually felt depressed. Lilly is so much like my girlfreind that i was all shit. no. no. and then it turned around and I felt like crying tears of joy.