Kenji's ex

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Palas

Kenji's ex

Post by Palas »

Now this is probably a topic that has been taken into discussion before in the form of a thread, but it's impossible to use the forums' search engine right now because the characters' names are far too common. So let us bring it up again.

It is said that Shizune's path holds valuable information about this, but I haven't read it yet. Please, enlighten me. What I could understand via Emi's route is that there is a vague clue regarding Yuuko's ex too and it somehow seems to match Kenji. So, really. I don't know.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Grayfox

Re: Kenji's ex

Post by Grayfox »

I never saw anything that explicitly spells anything out, but there's a lot of shit that happens within the game, (Mostly in Shizune's path, if I remember correctly,) That does very strongly imply That it's Yuuko. She mentions having had a boyfriend who turned out to be younger, who she did care for, who just suddenly dropped off the face of the earth as far as she knew, which would be in character with Kenji, And She also mentions a connection with a person who was a fan of Cryptology when she notices that a book on it goes missing, and in another path, Kenji is shown to have the book, and blatantly admits to stealing books from the library. Also, when you mention Yuuko by name to him in one of the paths, he makes it a point to not respond to it.
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... The only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in."
-Frank Jaegar

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Emi, Hanako, Lilly, Rin, Shizune

Current Path: Hanako (2nd Playthrough)
Zerix

Post by Zerix »

I also noticed this little nugget of information. I love the attention to detail in this game SOOOOO much.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Grayfox wrote:I never saw anything that explicitly spells anything out, but there's a lot of shit that happens within the game, (Mostly in Shizune's path, if I remember correctly,) That does very strongly imply That it's Yuuko. She mentions having had a boyfriend who turned out to be younger, who she did care for, who just suddenly dropped off the face of the earth as far as she knew, which would be in character with Kenji, And She also mentions a connection with a person who was a fan of Cryptology when she notices that a book on it goes missing, and in another path, Kenji is shown to have the book, and blatantly admits to stealing books from the library. Also, when you mention Yuuko by name to him in one of the paths, he makes it a point to not respond to it.
Doesn't explain how she doesn't recognize Kenji when he pops by the Library a couple of times. Guess it's the glasses.

Bad disguise?

OBJECTION!
Lilly <3
:D

Paths Complete: Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Shizune, Rin

Current Path: Lilly, again.
Grayfox

Post by Grayfox »

The glasses is what I'd guess too. The way they both kinda dance around the subject just... matches, for lack of a better term, A bit too much for it to all be a coincidence. At least, for me. If something's uncovered to say otherwise, then I'll retract that statement, though.
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... The only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in."
-Frank Jaegar

Paths Complete: Emi, Hanako, Lilly, Rin, Shizune

Current Path: Hanako (2nd Playthrough)
VLSM

Post by VLSM »

Basically what you guys I agree --- just that it keeps me wondering how did they managed to become a couple in the first place, almost seems like a mystery.
Stage 1: Katawa Shoujo
Stage 2: Katawa Shoujo: Fan disc ----> All but a dream of distant utopia.

99% completion: 2 more scenes to go T.T

Hanako>Emi>Lily>Rin and Shizune
Collin

Post by Collin »

My theory is that Kenji is another Dating Sim main character who got a bad ending with Yuuko in a previous game. This is based off of the dialogue you get with Kenji in the "You didn't pick anybody" bad ending for this game.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Actually I interpreted Kenji's rant in The Deep End such that he complains about being a side character who has no power over his own actions oor the turns his life takes.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Collin

Post by Collin »

The reason I interpret it as him once being a Dating Sim main character is because of the way he says "Ask me a question" and and when Hanao can't he equates the asking as a way of changing his destiny. I interpreted that to mean the questions you get that determine your path through the story, and since he seems to know about them he must have encountered them at some point. This coupled with his reference to his ex and the consequences of his past relationship imply to me that he at one point had a choice in his destiny, f*cked it up, and no longer has a chance to change things, the same as Hanao in this scene. I suppose it doesn't have to mean that he had choices before, but at the very least this dialogue shows that Kenji knows about some of the hidden rules of the world he is in. Makes me wonder about some of the rest of Kenji's "insights" :P

Post by Guest »

So in other words its true that Kenji can see more then any other man?
If this is true he might actually be the last sane man in this universe!
Because he's the only one who knows that this all a Visual novel!

Which means that there might be a KS sequel/add on in which feminists do indeed try to take over the world and only Kenji can stop them!

Or I'm reading too much into things.

I CAN DREAM!

And so can Kenji
hardrock

Yuuko & Kenji

Post by hardrock »

Has anyone else noticed a possible past relationship between Yuuko & Kenji?
After playing through most of the routes and talking to Kenji/ Yuuko it seems like they have booth had a bad breakup in the past with almost similar details. Yuuko also says that the boy she dated was younger than her. This coupled with the facts that Kenji is stealing books from the library (possibly revenge), the center of the female conspiracy in Kenji's words is the shanghai (where yuuko works), and Kenji started wearing glasses as a disguise (yuuko's so airheaded this might work) all pretty much points to one thing.

Any thoughts or did kenji make me a conspiracy theorist?
Deitti

Re: Yuuko & Kenji

Post by Deitti »

I've personally never believed in this pairing, ive never gotten the feeling that someone like Yuuko could handle someone like Kenji, even if Kenji wasn't probably as insane before the breakup.(but still close enough haha)
harlequin

Post by harlequin »

With Kenji, what came first, the hair, the glasses or the Gryffindor scarf?

Post by Guest »

I also think it was yuuko.
Since i do not have the mentality to keep playing (finished lilly, rin and emi, halfway through shizune), can someone tell me if they get back together/kenji changes somehow?
Or does he stay bitter, the best scene remaining the photo a few replies above (to which i felt as emotional as emotional can get)?
VIVI

Post by VIVI »

My theories.Warning lot of spoilers, not so important but whatever.
(based too all who i read in all the routes in the game (almost all; i need ended some bad ends)

-Kenji entered Yanmaku for his bad eyesight(who, i think, had turned worse and worse; his dad leave him to make a fallout shelter for improve his manual habilities, maybe because he will be blind very soon...and he is more older than Hisao, then maybe was absent to school a pair of years) then, in the library, meanwhile was searching books-audiobooks (about criptology or about conspiracys, or movies (he do lots of mentions about old movies)) meets Yuuko. He is a bit clumsy, very bad in know people, Yuuko is clumsy and shy too, and the two likes the same things, they turn friends very soon...and turn more than that after.
And one day, the tried to have sex together with love of course. And something was wrong. His "energy" had gone. (for stress,for shyness,even for gayness, we don´t know) Kenji turn all confused about that and no want say the true reason, but Yuuko don´t understand why (is pretty normal for first timers who no all be perfect) and cut suddenly with her.
He began to hide from Yuuko, and soon from everyone. He turned into a hikkikomori bordeline. Began to use his old glasses (who do nothing) for hide his eyes, and use that scarf even in summer, only for not be recognised for her. All this turn him a bit paranoid (his fear for feminists was indused for internet alarm, even more) and more antisocial.And conserved the last books who he was reading and never returned them, for avoid Yuuko. For obtain the books who he needed for study, stoled them from the library and leave her notes, for give her fake clues about his identity.
And remember all that shocking hints about his life, like his phobia of phones, or about his mother.Or when he said who he have "shaman eyes" who had saw horrible things. And his fixation with Hisao.Probably he talks more with Hisao than any another person in Yanmaku.Even that, he thinks who Hisao is his friend, even if only talk with him few times at day. Maybe because,after Yuuko, the only one who undertanded him (kinda)
(fujoshi mode on) or he is secretly in love with him. (fujoshi mode off)