Kenji's ex

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Palas

Re: Kenji's ex

Post by Palas »

HOLD YER HORSES ALL OF YA. You're all reading too much into it.

Now, something you must keep in mind is that KS was not written under one single train of thought. All the routes have the same starting point and a handful of basic personal traits and previous events in order to make the routes not to collide with each other (and even then they do, with that Tachibana date confusion). All the rest is up to each writer and they've used the characters as they saw fitting.

This means, for instance, that Kenji's ex could be a different one for each writer; that, a priori, some mysteries can't be solved by joining the dots in different routes; some actions don't have a reason to have happened whatsoever, aside from being a tool in storytelling or mechanics; it may be that the Kenji in Shizune's route isn't the one Kenji in Emi's route, so we can't mix them to obtain the true Kenji. There isn't one.

So~! Kenji didn't intentionally kill Hisao. This bit was a joke Hivemind (and only he) threw there because of reasons. His reasons. Also, let's say A22 (who used Kenji the most in his path) made Kenji say something that COULD be interpreted as a clue that his ex was actually Emi. But it turns out A22 probably doesn't care that much about this matter as much as Hivemind, who was pretty much the only one that went a little further in this.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Sardaukar wrote:
Grayfox wrote:I never saw anything that explicitly spells anything out, but there's a lot of shit that happens within the game, (Mostly in Shizune's path, if I remember correctly,) That does very strongly imply That it's Yuuko. She mentions having had a boyfriend who turned out to be younger, who she did care for, who just suddenly dropped off the face of the earth as far as she knew, which would be in character with Kenji, And She also mentions a connection with a person who was a fan of Cryptology when she notices that a book on it goes missing, and in another path, Kenji is shown to have the book, and blatantly admits to stealing books from the library. Also, when you mention Yuuko by name to him in one of the paths, he makes it a point to not respond to it.
Doesn't explain how she doesn't recognize Kenji when he pops by the Library a couple of times. Guess it's the glasses.

Bad disguise?
This is Kenji. It's entirely possible he changed his look completley. Maybe he changed his hair style and/or dyed it, got different glasses, and started wearing the full jacket and scarf all the time when he used to be more of a rolled up sleeves and tucked shirt kinda guy.
Not Dead Yet
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

Oddball wrote:This is Kenji. It's entirely possible he changed his look completley. Maybe he changed his hair style and/or dyed it, got different glasses, and started wearing the full jacket and scarf all the time when he used to be more of a rolled up sleeves and tucked shirt kinda guy.
He also known to wear a hat when he goes out, as a disguise.
Hisao even comments on this.
For Queen and Country
ClueUpAzn

Post by ClueUpAzn »

Notguest wrote:
Makinaci wrote: He specifically says at one point that he by all mean doesnt want to flunk his literature class, which makes me believe he still cares.

When was that? I don't remember it.
Think it was during either Hanako/Lilly/Shizune's arcs. Probably Hanako or Lilly, those were the first two I played.
ClueUpAzn

Post by ClueUpAzn »

FissionXMailed wrote:So anyone wanna help me in confirming something in our fan speculations of Kenji and Yuuko coupling?

Shizune Related Spoiler
So I went to replay Shizune's Scenes, The Summit (Kenji and Shizune both visit Hisao's room), Kenji mentioned his girlfriend. "Before I was in an ice cream stage, but my girlfriend kept eating all the strawberry out of Neapolitan." Was Yuuko ever mentioned to like strawberries?
No, But Emi was. Please don't tell me Emi and Kenji went out. I'm actually on that route now. -_-.
eleventhirtyeight

Post by eleventhirtyeight »

KS 2: Feminist Conspiracy! Fight off the feminists with Kenji, buddy cop style! Are those pink drills as deadly as they seem?Will Hisao ever find out who Kenji's ex is? All this and more, coming to you on 12/21/2012! Don't miss out!

But really. Kenji and Yuuko, as odd of a couple as they would seem from thier personalities, would be freaking adorable.
Sunlight will shine on my life again, so let the past burn now down in flames.

Alas, earwax!

[insert witty or interesting something here]