Kenji's ex

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

VIVI

Re: Kenji's ex

Post by VIVI »

Worthington wrote:I think you people are mistaking homosexuality for ennui. Kenji felt the strange boredom and restless content, along with physical fatigue, after intercourse and didn't expect it. He only ever said it made him feel "tired", not that his "life was sucked out".
mh, good idea do a look of this...

"Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake? Children's ice cream!...You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works. I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love... Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I — I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence."
(Base Commander Jack D. Ripper, from the movie Dr. Strangelove)

yes, obviously the phrase said for Kenji comes from this quote (and the ice cream?) but this movie have lots of freudian puns, like this quote and other things (the names of some characters are...funny) and Kenji said (textual from the game):

"i was more innocent back then, and i thougth she was sane, unlike most woman. But then one day,we engaged in...sexual intercourse.It was pretty okey, but then immediately following the event that is the point of all such things,something strange and scary happened.() I started feeling incredibly tired and sleepy! that isn´t normal, man! what the f***? I mean, normally,that would be a high-tension,adrenaline-pumping moment of anyone´s life, but my energy levels were dropping like a brick! Something sinester was in the works, i could feel it.That is when i knew...that woman are dangerous, sapping the life force of all man through the one commodity that is almost solery theirs to control! Sickering. Yeah, you´re better off, dude..."

um maybe we was wrong in this point...is fun do crazy theories. :oops:
But called me my atencion how he descrived the event."pretty okey" what? was his first time! and is very cold, sound almost ironic. He saw the movie and tried to said something more important with that?
we never knows.
fun fact: part of the ost of The Deep End alias "The Manly Picnic" scene is Shadow of the Truth ( who starts when Kenji said his first shocking event of his life...)
Makinaci

Post by Makinaci »

Worthington wrote:I think you people are mistaking homosexuality for ennui. Kenji felt the strange boredom and restless content, along with physical fatigue, after intercourse and didn't expect it. He only ever said it made him feel "tired", not that his "life was sucked out".
As Vivi posted, he does say that he felt that the life force was sapped out of him. If boredom and restless content were indeed the explanation for his strange behaviour, why does he focus women? Why not society as a whole? Throughout the novel, he doesnt seem bored at all, always doing weird stuff with a lot of passion. He specifically says at one point that he by all mean doesnt want to flunk his literature class, which makes me believe he still cares. I think ennui fits Rin more then it does Kenji.

And yeah, how could i forget the shower scene. Hisao is an early bird while Kenj is, yeah...Doesnt seem a coincidence.

I still think Kenji is gay, and he doesnt realise it, and interprets those feelings as a fight against female domination. I still cant figure out who dumped who though...
Kenji_SpecOps

Post by Kenji_SpecOps »

I don't think Kenji was gay... If he was, he would of prob had an erection in the shower scene with Hisao, and Hisao would of prob noticed it and would of got the hell out of there.

By stealing his energy, I figured it means that he... Ejaculated and was very tired afterwards?

But yeah, I am pretty sure it was Yuuko who was his ex. Kenji says his glasses are just a disguise and they do not improve his eyesight, and truth be told, he looks COMPLETELY different without them on. So I am guessing he started wearing them after dating Yuuko. Yuuko seems ditzy enough to not really notice it is her ex if they just pass eachother or something. Kenji avoids close contact with her, which is why he steals books.
VIVI

Post by VIVI »

Kenji_SpecOps wrote:I don't think Kenji was gay... If he was, he would of prob had an erection in the shower scene with Hisao, and Hisao would of prob noticed it and would of got the hell out of there.
He is almost blind. The only think who would see from that distance is a blurly color form called Hisao, not very exiting to view. And the steam...that can occult everything of the two, make more difficult to Kenji look more details (even more with the glasses,completly wet) and Hisao can´t saw Kenji more clearly.
obviously are theories, but this can explain why. don´t take like 100% because are all speculah.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Makinaci wrote: He specifically says at one point that he by all mean doesnt want to flunk his literature class, which makes me believe he still cares.

When was that? I don't remember it.
Theeyebrowsofdoom

Post by Theeyebrowsofdoom »

I'd really like to see that relationship, with Kenji and Yuuko. If only there was a way... If only...
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

So anyone wanna help me in confirming something in our fan speculations of Kenji and Yuuko coupling?

Shizune Related Spoiler
So I went to replay Shizune's Scenes, The Summit (Kenji and Shizune both visit Hisao's room), Kenji mentioned his girlfriend. "Before I was in an ice cream stage, but my girlfriend kept eating all the strawberry out of Neapolitan." Was Yuuko ever mentioned to like strawberries?
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

From LiveStrong.com:
"Orgasms help you sleep better. While an orgasm is followed in the male by a quick drop in blood pressure and sudden relaxation, the effect on women is more progressive, but no less important. Orgasms act as a natural tranquilizer. That wonderful release of endorphins is very calming."

This would likely explain why Kenji felt drained and tired afterwards...though I thought this information was well known, and yet no one brought it up. o_O I think Kenji was just over-thinking it when it actually it's a very natural response.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

I boticed some ways that they could have dated, but you guys are spit on on proving it!
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
Theeyebrowsofdoom

Post by Theeyebrowsofdoom »

FissionXMailed wrote:So anyone wanna help me in confirming something in our fan speculations of Kenji and Yuuko coupling?

Shizune Related Spoiler
So I went to replay Shizune's Scenes, The Summit (Kenji and Shizune both visit Hisao's room), Kenji mentioned his girlfriend. "Before I was in an ice cream stage, but my girlfriend kept eating all the strawberry out of Neapolitan." Was Yuuko ever mentioned to like strawberries?

I think I remember something about her recommending or surprising a customer with strawberry cake.
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

Theeyebrowsofdoom wrote:I think I remember something about her recommending or surprising a customer with strawberry cake.
I think I actually know what scene you're talking. I want to say it was part of Emi's Arc, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll investigate later tonight. (Morning classes woo.... >.>)

EDIT: Fixed typo.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

VIVI wrote:My theories.Warning lot of spoilers, not so important but whatever.
(based too all who i read in all the routes in the game (almost all; i need ended some bad ends)

-Kenji entered Yanmaku for his bad eyesight(who, i think, had turned worse and worse; his dad leave him to make a fallout shelter for improve his manual habilities, maybe because he will be blind very soon...and he is more older than Hisao, then maybe was absent to school a pair of years) then, in the library, meanwhile was searching books-audiobooks (about criptology or about conspiracys, or movies (he do lots of mentions about old movies)) meets Yuuko. He is a bit clumsy, very bad in know people, Yuuko is clumsy and shy too, and the two likes the same things, they turn friends very soon...and turn more than that after.
And one day, the tried to have sex together with love of course. And something was wrong. His "energy" had gone. (for stress,for shyness,even for gayness, we don´t know) Kenji turn all confused about that and no want say the true reason, but Yuuko don´t understand why (is pretty normal for first timers who no all be perfect) and cut suddenly with her.
He began to hide from Yuuko, and soon from everyone. He turned into a hikkikomori bordeline. Began to use his old glasses (who do nothing) for hide his eyes, and use that scarf even in summer, only for not be recognised for her. All this turn him a bit paranoid (his fear for feminists was indused for internet alarm, even more) and more antisocial.And conserved the last books who he was reading and never returned them, for avoid Yuuko. For obtain the books who he needed for study, stoled them from the library and leave her notes, for give her fake clues about his identity.
And remember all that shocking hints about his life, like his phobia of phones, or about his mother.Or when he said who he have "shaman eyes" who had saw horrible things. And his fixation with Hisao.Probably he talks more with Hisao than any another person in Yanmaku.Even that, he thinks who Hisao is his friend, even if only talk with him few times at day. Maybe because,after Yuuko, the only one who undertanded him (kinda)
(fujoshi mode on) or he is secretly in love with him. (fujoshi mode off)
Wow. Reading that made me realize that Kenji may actually be a pretty tragic character.

But yeah, it does seem like he used to date Yuuko. Although I find it somewhat odd that she would partake in bowling in the dorm hallways with him. :lol:

Now I kinda wish there was a side-plot which involved Kenji reconciling with Yuuko in at least one of the paths. Perhaps to help Hisao realize what he's doing wrong with one of the girls. A guy can dream I guess. :roll:
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

UncleJellyfish wrote:From LiveStrong.com:
"Orgasms help you sleep better. While an orgasm is followed in the male by a quick drop in blood pressure and sudden relaxation, the effect on women is more progressive, but no less important. Orgasms act as a natural tranquilizer. That wonderful release of endorphins is very calming."

This would likely explain why Kenji felt drained and tired afterwards...though I thought this information was well known, and yet no one brought it up. o_O I think Kenji was just over-thinking it when it actually it's a very natural response.
I honestly think he was just making a Doctor Strangelove joke, because he felt himself start to open up too much to Hisao in his drunkenness and realized he didn't want to make any admissions he wasn't ready for yet.
Ivan The Mouse

Post by Ivan The Mouse »

I dunno, but could it be that Kenji is a militant asexual?

As I said, I dunno.
Warning:

This poster is prone to fits of auto-pilot typing, in which he will make posts with butchered grammar and sentence structure without knowing it.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Theeyebrowsofdoom wrote:
FissionXMailed wrote:So anyone wanna help me in confirming something in our fan speculations of Kenji and Yuuko coupling?

Shizune Related Spoiler

I think I remember something about her recommending or surprising a customer with strawberry cake.
Emi also likes strawberries and also has an ex-boyfriend. Emi is also far more likely to do the hallway bowling and since the bowling is in a dorm hall then Yuuko would have known that he was a student and would have been fired for improper relations with him.