Okay so I played some of the game...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
A ghost....

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by A ghost.... » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:12 am

Guest wrote:What a moron.

Why don't you go back to /b/ or facebook or reddit. This game isn't intended for ignorant little 15 year old boys such as yourself.
.....surprise for you I'm 36 years old!

A ghost...

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by A ghost... » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:19 am

Rubytyr wrote:I disagree with your opinions of the game (or VN, to be more acurate); but I can respect you for at least giving it a shot - plenty of people out there like to critize without any actual hands-on experience. Hope you try to go through all the story arcs though - might suprise yourself and like it more then you thought you would (of course, it depends what your looking for in it, and if your actually interested in the various backkstories ultimately)

some of the effect can be lost if you skim through the text, though its understanble since some of it can feel like a wall of text doing a critical hit, lol. :)

Ultimately, the game isnt meant to be a H based game, it more jsut warns that there is mature scenes~
Meh-I can take or leave the H content just airing my opinion if you're gonna do something DO it and don't go half way.

I'm stilling mucking my way through,it is pretty good game,and while I have some issues with how some of the people act I do enjoy the game over all.

I don't usually play games that get too emotional,the soul exception being Yume Miru Kusuri,fairy cat girls route made me blubber a bit.

harlequin
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by harlequin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:56 am

The H scenes generally served as part of the plot though. I prefer to consider them like sex scenes in a film or book rather than just purely erotic for the sake of it.

Hanako's route also while touching isn't exactly how I think people in real life do act when faced with their situation. There was a documentary by the BBC about a girl who was burnt as a child, more extensively to her face than Hanako. This girl also went to the same university as me and she was considerably more outgoing the Hanako, but the sake of a story I suppose they have to exaggerate that aspect.

Guest Poster

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by Guest Poster » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:27 am

Keep in mind that Hanako's skittishness isn't (merely) due to her burn scars, but due to the fact that

1) Her house burned down and she witnessed her parents' deaths, her mom dying in an attempt to protect her.
2) She spent the rest of her childhood in an orphanage and got to see all the kids her age be adopted while she remained behind.
3) She was bullied at school by kids who were her friends before.


I'd say the physical burns are only part of the problem.

Second of all, I'm somewhat intrigued by the notion that sex in a story should either be digital porn or be omitted. Saying that sex can never be anything else than cheap fapfood seems a very black and white way to view the subject. You're essentially stating that erotic content has no place in anything that isn't a porn movie.

About the music...one of the first rules of game design when dealing with music is; pick the song that suits the scene, not the song you personally like listening to most.

harlequin
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by harlequin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 am

Yeah I suppose the death of her parents didn't help, and at the end of the day, it's unfair to compare real life to this story, however good it is.

I definitely don't agree with the OP's sentiment about the H scenes either.

As for the music... it was functional. It suited te scenes, and it was obviously what players of this sort of game would want and expect but personally I felt it lacking and uninspiring, but that's because I don't really play Japanese games (or American pastiche of such).

My favorite game soundtrack is probably that of MOHAA, but that was done by Giachinno and he's pretty shit hot in the movie business.

Articorse
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by Articorse » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:51 am

Fellow metalhead here.

I don't think you really understood the idea behind this game. Of course you wouldn't like the H-scenes if you're listening to Black Sabbath. I, personally, wouldn't like anything while listening to Black Sabbath, because I can't stand them.

Joking aside, this is a love story. A very realistic love story, with engaging, realistic people. The h-scenes are there to keep the sense of realism, they are not there as a masturbation aid. I've so far finished Hanako's, Shizune's and Lilly's routes and I didn't even so much as get an erection during the h-scenes, because they had a different purpose. Hanako's, for example, was to show how her mind works, how desperate she is to have someone love her and be with her, no matter what she has to do. She didn't particularly enjoy it, it was never about desire for her, it was simply a means to keep Hisao around. And Hisao didn't realize it at the time, making him feel like scum for doing it.

The music reminds you of elevator music, because once again, you're expecting something else. You're looking for engaging music, something that would stand on its own. And while for me, that IS the case, it's normal for it not being for everyone. But that's okay, because the music is there just to set the mood. A happy, upbeat tune when Kenji is up to his antics, a more laid-back, passive melody for the everyday occurances in Yamaku, etc.

Apparently this isn't the game for you, but saying any of these things is off is just wrong. It's like saying the Green Mile is not a good movie, simply because you watched it while eating popcorn and listening to Megadeth.

A ghost...

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by A ghost... » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:27 am

Green Mile put my ass to sleep.......

Try this with Hanako listen to Ozzy Osborn's "I just want You" and yea some of this is way too much emotional hand wringing and cuddly let's hold hands and not say mean things....

Ick.

To me I go with "I love YOU and we'll do it at your pace,so just say it,tell me what you want" Hisao comes across as a limp hand jerk,but a lot of men are like that now more effeminate which seems to be the accepted norm now.

I'm a man and the way I treat a woman is I'm a friend and I'll be there for you whenever,if you want to stand on your own,cool,but know if it gets too much you have Frankenstein standing behind you with a big 'ol ugly club and I don't mind causing a person who harms you a lifetime of pain :shock:

So far Hanako and more so Emi are my favs Lilly is....just-not-my-type,or to put it another way I'd terrify her prim sensibilities with my berserker ways,Rin's fun but,girlfriend? I don't think so,fuck buddy maybe but she's just odd,TOO odd :lol:

Shizune's a bitch,a bad apple don't fall all that far from the tree...see her dad :roll:

Still like the game,I enjoy some of the more fun stuff and the music can be shut off,the H is what it is,I know I'd do it different but still within bounds however the sex comes off as "ew,dirty,we want story!" so I think it should have been left out real people don't do that and last.

Just my two cents.

Articorse
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by Articorse » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:27 pm

My friend, if Green Mile put you to sleep, you have no business playing this game. I don't mean this as an insult, I simply mean to say that this game is not for someone with your tastes.

That said, the H-scenes are extremely realistic. When was the last time you and a girl fell in love and immediately started doing everything kinky you can think of? The first times I've had sex with my girlfriends, it has always been vanilla - sweet and tender. And this is coming from a HUGE pervert. Later on in each relationship, we've done some pretty kinky stuff, but the first few times? They were pretty much as described in the game. Especially Lilly's scenes.

And if you really thought Shizune's a bitch, then you simply weren't paying attention. I'm sorry, but it's true. Shizune's an incredibly nice, sweet girl, she just has trouble communicating with others. She's extremely straightforward and thinks everyone else should be, too. But she learns that that's not the best tactic. Her biggest dream, after all, is to make others happy.

User avatar
A ghost...
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by A ghost... » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:52 pm

Maybe I'm just weird,maybe it's just because I love anime and want some kind of bridge between Japan and the west but I'm still playing and enjoying myself (somewhat)

And I joined up,thought "what the hell" and decided to put a little fire under every bodies feet! :twisted:

I promise to be nice but I will criticize where I think it's needed :mrgreen:
"If I ever die, I'm begging you, please come with me
We're gonna groove, into the blue
All the parasites, oh just leave them, pigs can't fly
There's no tomorrow, no regrets, no goodbyes"
Candlemass

Nekken

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by Nekken » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:28 pm

A ghost... wrote:First the bad:to call this game H is ridiculous,so far I've seen bewbies and a few sex positions but H?
Um... yeah. That's what H is. Sorry if it's not kinky enough for you.
really the team should have just not put it in at all or skipped the pictures 'cos the way it comes across right now is pretty much "I am holier then thou and I'll put my distaste for H in your face by making HORRIBLE stuff" okay fine you're so much better then us because you want story,fine,but to rub it people's faces is pure /b tard move~whatever.
Really? I got the opposite impression: that they went out of their way to push the H into your face. The "Disable Adult Content" button was quite clearly done grudgingly, and implemented in a manner I found both incomplete and condescending. It's one of a very few things I'd consider a glaring flaw in the game.
Next the not so bad:the music sucks,maybe it's because I'm a metal head but I get an elevator music vibe from the crap they used,again whatever,I put on some Black Sabbath and roll on.
Meh. No accounting for taste. I loves me some metal, don't get me wrong, but what exactly would you have put into a game like this? "War Pigs" does not make a good background for a love scene.
Next the stories...en a bit too much drama and angst for my tastes,I'd seriously slap the shiat out of some of these girls and tell'em to cut it out.
Man, and you think the developers pulled some /b/tard moves?

Kanodin

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by Kanodin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Sounds to me, with your warped sense of taste. You should play VN's such as Bible Black and Discipline; Oh god... the horror... No seriously, stay far far far far far away from Discipline, even someone with a warped sense of taste as yours will be scarred worse than Hanako, for life.

User avatar
Snow_Storm
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:49 pm
Location: Saint Louis

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by Snow_Storm » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:34 pm

>Somebody gives legit reason for not likign the game

>Everyone calls a him, /b/-tard,a troll, an idiot for not loving the game and not having a biased opinion towards it.

Keep it classy, guys. Seems like nobody here is allow to have an opinion unless it's supporting the game and giving it good reviews.

Yeah, I disagree with the guy too (esp. with him saying he don't like the music and I could attack his love on metal but it ain't worth going into "Nigga Moment Mode" for) but I ain't gonna attack him for his views. That's ignorant.

Evne if he's trolling, I ain't gonna humor it.

Kanodin
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by Kanodin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Snow_Storm wrote:>Somebody gives legit reason for not likign the game

>Everyone calls a him, /b/-tard,a troll, an idiot for not loving the game and not having a biased opinion towards it.

Keep it classy, guys. Seems like nobody here is allow to have an opinion unless it's supporting the game and giving it good reviews.

Yeah, I disagree with the guy too but I ain't gonna attack him for his views. That's ignorant.


Only seen one person call him an idiot, and Suriko got onto them for it. The guy is welcome to his opinions of the game. I chimed in and offered him suggestions that fit more to his warped tastes(his words).

Guest

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Nekken wrote:
A ghost... wrote:First the bad:to call this game H is ridiculous,so far I've seen bewbies and a few sex positions but H?
Um... yeah. That's what H is. Sorry if it's not kinky enough for you.
really the team should have just not put it in at all or skipped the pictures 'cos the way it comes across right now is pretty much "I am holier then thou and I'll put my distaste for H in your face by making HORRIBLE stuff" okay fine you're so much better then us because you want story,fine,but to rub it people's faces is pure /b tard move~whatever.
Really? I got the opposite impression: that they went out of their way to push the H into your face. The "Disable Adult Content" button was quite clearly done grudgingly, and implemented in a manner I found both incomplete and condescending. It's one of a very few things I'd consider a glaring flaw in the game.
I think he has a point on this one actually. KS is way less sexually explicit than most eroges, (it's missing the bukkake, dickgirls, tentacle rape that would normally be par for the course :mrgreen:) so it's hardly surprising that if one were to play it expecting the perfect wanking material he would remain disappointed.

nyttyn
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:01 am

Re: Okay so I played some of the game...

Post by nyttyn » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:06 am

Imagine hanako. Imagine any part of her route set to the music you prefer. Although the H scene might fit for hilarity but that's not the point.

This game simply would not work with that type of a musical score.
Why does the OST feature so much piano, despite the fact that not even a single piano exists in the entire game!?

Post Reply