what's with the fried shrimp?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: what's with the fried shrimp?

Post by Xanatos »

Pyramid Head wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:Why in the name of fucking an electrical outlet would you put cooked bacon into a hot pan?
Just to hear the sizzle. And watch it scorch and burn, to further symbolize Hanako. :mrgreen:
But if you cooked it, you already cooked the grease out, so it won't sizzle. Besides, why would you ever pan-cook bacon? You put it on a metal rack over a cookie sheet so you can keep the shape and collect the drippings! Use your head or i'm taking the fucking thing!

Besides, bacon is cured and smoked before its cooked. Hanako was grilled. We need to come up with a better tasteless metaphor.
A photo of a smoking grill with a sign hanging on it that reads "BRB, gone to a barbecue."
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Okay, am I to assume you're talking about playing the game with censorship turned on?

Having not done so -never saw the need- I can't speak from experience, but, reading about some of the items used to block the view, it seems to me there's a bit of verbal innuendo going on and I approve.
Xanatos wrote:A photo of a smoking grill with a sign hanging on it that reads "BRB, gone to a barbecue."
Did anyone else watch The Next Food Network Star over the summer?

One of the prospective stars was a woman with long, dark hair whose original show idea was something called "Girl on Grill" in which she planned to dispel the stigma of male domination at the backyard barbecue.

While Kenji would have been all over that claiming feminist conspiracies, given Hanako's aptitude and dabbling in the culinary arts, wouldn't that make for a horrible double-entendre if she had her own cooking show?

Similar to the idea I had for Rin to have a cooking show called "Foot and Mouth".
Last edited by Helbereth on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Helbereth wrote:the stigma of male domination at the backyard barbecue.
Is that actually a thing or does that chick just have her thong in a knot? I'd vote the latter given that I've personally witnessed quite a lot of women barbecuing with no issues at all. I won't claim any conspiracy but I'll claim there's stupidity all over that.

But that show would have been hilarious on account of Hanako. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Omurice wrote:Bonus points if the shrimp appears before Hanako's H-scene. :|

MAXIMUM IRONY
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Gordon_4

Post by Gordon_4 »

On a somewhat related note, does that appear at the end of the good ending arc or did I miss a trigger?
James Cameron AND Shizune fanboy.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Gordon_4 wrote:
On a somewhat related note, does that appear at the end of the good ending arc or did I miss a trigger?
That scene appears at the end of the good ending. Not in the bad or the neutral one. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Gordon_4

Post by Gordon_4 »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Gordon_4 wrote:
That scene appears at the end of the good ending. Not in the bad or the neutral one. :)
I got it, it was probably the most.....I dunno, you could tell a really important step was made in Hanako's life and her relationship with Hisao, but it still felt kind of melancholy. I did think, that I was gonna get the fabled manly tears when she showed her scars, that must have been harrowing.
James Cameron AND Shizune fanboy.