Was Emi a virgin?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Was Emi a virgin?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: if you've ever had sex before in real life you would know there are no virgins that act like that
lol WAT. i think you need to direct your statement back at yourself. if you seriously think that no virgins can be forward about sex, you are really sheltered when it comes sexuality. i mean what a tired trope. not all virgins are blushing, timid beacons of **pure divine light**

in any case, you just don't have enough information about emi's sexual history to know if she was a virgin or not. to echo the sentiments of a few other commenters: does it even matter? her possible lack of virginity doesn't strip anything from the experience your character has with her; it doesn't make it any less 'special'. it's intention, not inexperience, behind the sex that gives it the meaning you're seeking out.
Aster Selene

Post by Aster Selene »

It's really awkward for me to put my input in this but: I'm female, I'm a virgin, I talk and admittedly about sex a lot. (Also, I do have friends who are also virgins who keep condoms with them. It's supposed to be an emergency measure. For what kind of emergency, I have no clue.)

Now, granted, I don't think I'd jump right onto having sex as per Emi, but it's entirely possible someone with a little more...ah, "enthusiasm" would. It's entirely within the realm of possibility. Especially with Emi in that emotional state.

And perhaps she seemed enthusiastic at that part, but it just doesn't seem Emi-like to go push for sex with every boyfriend she's picked up. For Hisao, she was emotionally distraught, and she was certainly quite into him, so...

Also, blood may not have been mentioned but nobody mentioned her not having blood, right?
Hoof

Post by Hoof »

Why does it even matter, oh my god. Does the idea of Emi not being a virgin affect the story at all? I really don't get why this is such a big deal or why anyone would care this much.

Also speaking from experience- women don't always bleed their first time.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

The hymen can be torn well before ever having had sex. Bleeding is a very, very poor measurement of virginity.

Basic human anatomy, woo.

Post by Guest »

Suriko wrote:The hymen can be torn well before ever having had sex. Bleeding is a very, very poor measurement of virginity.

Basic human anatomy, woo.
But is she a virgin. The autist inside me needs to know. I know it doesn't change anything, but I need to know. I can't just not know.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

*cross-finger* Hope none of the Kannagi incident turn out for KS and developers =x
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
xiety

Post by xiety »

based on my understanding about this route except the bleeding part above me

I think Emi is a virgin, based on the facts that her past boyfriend didn't took too long because she doesn't want to have emotional connection so they broke up
except for Hisao who still presses on even though Emi said that shouldn't meet during the exams
which triggers this little sex scene before Emi's Track and Field Captain is a GAY !! ( ̄ー ̄) revelation inside the Shed
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

The information given in her route is deliberately designed to make it ambiguous as to whether or not she was a virgin. Neither answer is canon, and the best answer as far as I'm concerned is "Who gives a shit?" It doesn't make Emi a different person whether or not she was, and if you care so much about it, that's your problem.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

sporkaganza wrote:The information given in her route is deliberately designed to make it ambiguous as to whether or not she was a virgin. Neither answer is canon, and the best answer as far as I'm concerned is "Who gives a shit?" It doesn't make Emi a different person whether or not she was, and if you care so much about it, that's your problem.
Well, certainly some don't.
But I think there are some people who really; really cares about that single piece of information..

For example, i do care about it :?
i cant imagine if this is how played out with Hanako.
i think i will go white hair thinking is Hanako a virgin? @_@
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

Post by Guest »

sporkaganza wrote:The information given in her route is deliberately designed to make it ambiguous as to whether or not she was a virgin. Neither answer is canon, and the best answer as far as I'm concerned is "Who gives a shit?" It doesn't make Emi a different person whether or not she was, and if you care so much about it, that's your problem.
Why so defensive? Most people just want to know for the sake of knowing, myself included.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Guest wrote:
Why so defensive? Most people just want to know for the sake of knowing, myself included.
Yeah, most people are just curious, but there's a vocal minority that's really ticking me off.

Post by Guest »

sporkaganza wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah, most people are just curious, but there's a vocal minority that's really ticking me off.
Calm down. It's not like she's real. And since we don't have a definitive answer, then you can make her whatever you want. I'd still like to see what the writers were thinking, though.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: if you've ever had sex before in real life you would know there are no virgins that act like that
Oh whoops i guess i didn't exist then? I was never quite as forward as Emi at first, but I was also far from the blushing virgin that you're so used to seeing in eroge. And GASP, I also knew quite a bit about sex, because it's one of those things you tend to prepare for.

Also, bleeding or lack of bleeding means nothing for virginity, you could bleed your first time having sex or the fifth, sixth, and seventh time. The hymen is capable of stretching or tearing, and there's no way of telling what will happen. It's not, as hentai seems to think, something that needs to be broken in order to get something up there.

But in other discussions, I really don't think there's a definite answer. The writers obviously don't want there to be one, or else it would've been noted somehow. Emi has proven to be very headstrong and energetic, and I don't see how that would change when sex comes into the picture, regardless of if she was a virgin or not.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Guest wrote: Oh whoops i guess i didn't exist then? I was never quite as forward as Emi at first, but I was also far from the blushing virgin that you're so used to seeing in eroge. And GASP, I also knew quite a bit about sex, because it's one of those things you tend to prepare for.

Also, bleeding or lack of bleeding means nothing for virginity, you could bleed your first time having sex or the fifth, sixth, and seventh time. The hymen is capable of stretching or tearing, and there's no way of telling what will happen. It's not, as hentai seems to think, something that needs to be broken in order to get something up there.

But in other discussions, I really don't think there's a definite answer. The writers obviously don't want there to be one, or else it would've been noted somehow. Emi has proven to be very headstrong and energetic, and I don't see how that would change when sex comes into the picture, regardless of if she was a virgin or not.

It is good to have a girl's point of view. :)

- Rykn

Kai

Post by Kai »

Guest wrote:
Kai wrote:In order to what I've said before, I'd like to add this.

Virgins CAN talk about sex so openly. Just because she's new at this doesn't mean she doesn't know what a condom is or how to use it. It just seems to me she's one of those virgin girls who's just so eager and...horny to have sex.
When she mentions running is better than sex, it could be a figure of speech. I mean, it's a pretty easy assumption; sex is pretty awesome. It doesn't mean she's had sex before, therefore she can compare both.
Also, the fact that she's knowledgeable about sex (Anal, condoms, etc.) doesn't mean she's a whore. Ask any 14 year old if they know any of that and you'll be amazed of what they know. Doesn't mean they had sex already.

If you wanna get into this a little bit deeper (lol), you can claim she jumped on Hisao almost immediately because she just needed someone. It's her way of being with someone without letting them all the way in EMOTIONALLY because of her other trauma.

Of course, this is all an assumption since it's never clear whether she was a virgin or not. But I think she was.

Also, as to why there was no blood if she was a virgin, I think that was simply a developer's decision. I haven't really played any of the other paths but, do the other girls have a...bleeding scene? If so, then that would completely destroy my theory. If not, then it either means the devs decided not to go that far/be that graphic/not to illustrate it or all the girls in that school are very easy...to get.
if you've ever had sex before in real life you would know there are no virgins that act like that
A simple answer: I'm still a virgin girl who doesn't mind talking about sex like that. I'm not the only one; some friends of mine and people at school talk like that too. You can hear people talking like that all over the internet and I doubt every single person in the interwebz had got laid.

Of course, I talk about stuff like that with people I know and trust, not strangers. But some of my friends are just so...eager to get into it that I can honestly see Emi as one of them. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just mean it's not entirely impossible, at least nowadays.

It just makes sense to me that she was a virgin. But who knows?