Yuuko
9%
Aoi & Keiko
1%

Total votes: 1274

AaronIsCrunchy

Re: Favourite Side character

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

RandomPerson wrote:I think the 11 percent choosing the nurse is how much like the emi route best
Haha, nope! :D Emi's my favourite route yet I went for Hideaki and Akira. The Nurse is good, but I think the fact that whenever he turns up Ah Eh I Oh U starts playing and I just go 'sod this - MUTE'
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Atario

Post by Atario »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
RandomPerson wrote:I think the 11 percent choosing the nurse is how much like the emi route best
Haha, nope! :D Emi's my favourite route yet I went for Hideaki and Akira.
Emi's not my favorite, but I still picked Meiko for one of mine. I think it should be obvious why… (^3^)
The Nurse is good, but I think the fact that whenever he turns up Ah Eh I Oh U starts playing and I just go 'sod this - MUTE'
The hell you say! That song rocks!
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Honestly, I usually play the game on mute anyways simply because no matter what song is playing, it gets tiresome after a couple rotations.

The Nurse is entertaining and is definitely a positive force on Hisao, but I find his homoerotic jokes a little unnerving. I'm astonished there wasn't a "Turn Your Head and Cough" moment in Emi's route.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

someguy1294 wrote:Honestly, I usually play the game on mute anyways simply because no matter what song is playing, it gets tiresome after a couple rotations.

The Nurse is entertaining and is definitely a positive force on Hisao, but I find his homoerotic jokes a little unnerving. I'm astonished there wasn't a "Turn Your Head and Cough" moment in Emi's route.
Hehe, I was trying to do a translation of 'Bundles of Hisao' and with Caged Heart going for about an hour, it doesn't so much get tiresome as creepy-as-f**k :P
I'm pretty sure there's some professional boundary being broken there, but hey, if the academy isn't bothered about it then it sticks. Plus, it's a VN, so I think there's just an element of 'DEAL WITH IT' thrown in :lol:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

someguy1294 wrote:I find his homoerotic jokes a little unnerving.
What's unnerving about humor?
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
If you're talking to somebody who society dictates is usually professional yet sterile, and they make a joke about hitting on you, it's gonna unnerve you :P Or at least, it would me, and I swing both ways xD

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Potato wrote:
If you're talking to somebody who society dictates is usually professional yet sterile, and they make a joke about hitting on you, it's gonna unnerve you :P Or at least, it would me, and I swing both ways xD
If it's a doctor, sure. A school nurse...Eh, I'd never describe any of those I've known as 'professional yet sterile'. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Aaah, I've never met a school nurse so I'm not sure where the differences lie :L

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

If you're talking to somebody who society dictates is usually professional yet sterile, and they make a joke about hitting on you, it's gonna unnerve you
That seemed to be what Nurse was going for.
Not Dead Yet
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Oddball wrote:
If you're talking to somebody who society dictates is usually professional yet sterile, and they make a joke about hitting on you, it's gonna unnerve you
*nods* We're talking about a school filled with kids who are, generally speaking, quite familiar with medical professionals. Being different from what they expect may be what allows him to get them to open up more than they otherwise might, which is important in that kind of setting.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

dewelar wrote:
Oddball wrote:
*nods* We're talking about a school filled with kids who are, generally speaking, quite familiar with medical professionals. Being different from what they expect may be what allows him to get them to open up more than they otherwise might, which is important in that kind of setting.
That's true, not to mention you're more likely to open up to a friendlier person, which is pretty much Nurse in a nutshell
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I suppose he'd have to introduce himself in a surprising way else it would seem inappropriate to make the jokes in future. But any kind of detachment from the medical side of things that many pupils are used to would be a good thing.