Yuuko
9%
Aoi & Keiko
1%

Total votes: 1274

d2r

Re: Favourite Side character

Post by d2r »

Oddball wrote:They provided this great game for you and a place to have all sorts of interesting topics and conversations and you're upset that one topic that was just page after page of bad jokes got shut down.

Well, nice knowing you.
Tell me about it. I think literally half of that thread was recycled jokes about lemons. 'Cook made the right decision IMO.

On topic, my favourite side character is and will always remain Akira, because she seems like an absolute blast and someone I'd go drinking with IRL. Second place goes to Yuuko because she provided far better comic relief than Kenji.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Potato

Post by Potato »

Atario wrote:
Potato wrote:In that case, the point failed. Hisao might have thought she was a dude but Hisao's a dumb. :P
It's ok, Potato, you can tell us how you felt relieved after your attraction to this dashing lawyer was actually for a girl…

(And horrified when your attraction for the oddly-dressed young girl was actually for a young boy…)

We won't tell…
Nah, I knew Akira was a girl. :lol: And I believe I posted my reaction upon learning Hideaki was a boy, but then I got over it. I'd do terrible things to Hideaki.

I wish the randoms who appeared just because a character was needed (those student council hopefuls in Shizune's good end, for example) had more screentime...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I wish the randoms who appeared just because a character was needed (those student council hopefuls in Shizune's good end, for example) had more screentime...
I'm sort of amazed they haven't gotten more fan attention. We've got all sorts of stories and pictures of characters that were barely in the game at all, but almost nothing for two characters that actually received sprites and dialogue. ... Well, A sprite anyway. It's still more than Rika or Suzu got.
Not Dead Yet
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Potato wrote:
Atario wrote:
Potato wrote:In that case, the point failed. Hisao might have thought she was a dude but Hisao's a dumb. :P
It's ok, Potato, you can tell us how you felt relieved after your attraction to this dashing lawyer was actually for a girl…

(And horrified when your attraction for the oddly-dressed young girl was actually for a young boy…)

We won't tell…
Nah, I knew Akira was a girl. :lol: And I believe I posted my reaction upon learning Hideaki was a boy, but then I got over it. I'd do terrible things to Hideaki.

I believe someone back on ks/b/ had called dibs on Aoi and Keiko's superpowers
He had named one as having chronic fatigue and the other as having a complete lack of spacial awareness

I laughed about the lack of spacial awareness one, but then it got me thinking. Imagine being unable to feel whereabouts your limbs are. Not really knowing where your arms or legs are unless you can physically see where they are. We take it for granted that much we don't even know it's a thing.

I imagine she'd have a hell of a time going up a staircase, or carrying five mugs of coffee on a tray for the Student Council.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Potato

Post by Potato »

Oddball wrote:
I'm sort of amazed they haven't gotten more fan attention. We've got all sorts of stories and pictures of characters that were barely in the game at all, but almost nothing for two characters that actually received sprites and dialogue. ... Well, A sprite anyway. It's still more than Rika or Suzu got.
Suzu and Rika annoy me to no end for that very fact. They aren't characters in any right at all yet they somehow draw all this attention. It's ridiculous. Meanwhile, these two are characters at least in a rudimentary sense. They're in the game for one (unlike Rika) and actually have known traits within said game (unlike Suzu - and inb4 'narcolepsy!', that isn't in the game, is it?). I've never seen a fandom that put a couple of what are basically fanfiction OCs on such a high pedestal. :lol: Hell, the track captain is more of a character than Suzu and his entire known definition is "gay guy who runs the track team".
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I like the whole side character fan thing in general. Pardon the comparison, but it reminds me of Derpy, Vinyl, Octavia and the whole side crew from MLP. Varying degrees of actual involvement, from small cameos to being borderline nonexistent besides a reference, but the fandom brings them to life and expands the whole universe, and that's sort of what's going on here. I like that. It makes Yamaku feels more like a real place and less like a prop.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SpunkySix wrote:I like the whole side character fan thing in general. Pardon the comparison, but it reminds me of Derpy, Vinyl, Octavia and the whole side crew from MLP. Varying degrees of actual involvement, from small cameos to being borderline nonexistent besides a reference, but the fandom brings them to life and expands the whole universe, and that's sort of what's going on here. I like that. It makes Yamaku feels more like a real place and less like a prop.
Derpy, DJ, Octavia and all these of the BACKGROUND CHARACTERS are just that. background characters. The serve no purpose other than making the show look more lively and realistic. (Hehehe. A show about talking horses is 'realistic') I personally can't stand the fandom's obsession with these pointless background characters. I, myself, like some of the designs - such as DJ's - but I don't flip my shit every time I see them.

As for the KS side characters, they actually have a purpose in the canon, so I'm cool with them. My favorite is Akira, by the way.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

KeiichiO wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I like the whole side character fan thing in general. Pardon the comparison, but it reminds me of Derpy, Vinyl, Octavia and the whole side crew from MLP. Varying degrees of actual involvement, from small cameos to being borderline nonexistent besides a reference, but the fandom brings them to life and expands the whole universe, and that's sort of what's going on here. I like that. It makes Yamaku feels more like a real place and less like a prop.
Derpy, DJ, Octavia and all these of the BACKGROUND CHARACTERS are just that. background characters. The serve no purpose other than making the show look more lively and realistic. (Hehehe. A show about talking horses is 'realistic') I personally can't stand the fandom's obsession with these pointless background characters. I, myself, like some of the designs - such as DJ's - but I don't flip my shit every time I see them.

As for the KS side characters, they actually have a purpose in the canon, so I'm cool with them. My favorite is Akira, by the way.
I was mostly talking about Suzu and them though... who are distinctly background characters. Probably should have made that clearer.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Oddball wrote:They provided this great game for you and a place to have all sorts of interesting topics and conversations and you're upset that one topic that was just page after page of bad jokes got shut down.
I believe the objection is that we're habitually being told what's best for us, as though we're small children. Hope that perspective of yours holds up as well for you when something you enjoy gets stifled arbitrarily…
I'm sort of amazed they haven't gotten more fan attention.
I think it's the logistics. By the time they're introduced, our third-years are almost graduating already — not a lot of chance for anything to develop. You'd end up with those two plus the Yamaku staff and a boatload of invented characters. Ends up feeling hardly related anymore, I would think.
Munchenhausen wrote:I laughed about the lack of spacial awareness one, but then it got me thinking. Imagine being unable to feel whereabouts your limbs are. Not really knowing where your arms or legs are unless you can physically see where they are. We take it for granted that much we don't even know it's a thing.
Proprioception. "Lack of spatial awareness" is what I curse people for having while driving next to me on the freeway. :lol:
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Proprioception? Man, now that I can't imagine. I think having normal clumsy person lack of spacial awareness sucks, I really don't think I could handle not knowing where my limbs are at all. Kind of reminds me of object permanence issues. I wonder if they're related...
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SpunkySix wrote: I was mostly talking about Suzu and them though... who are distinctly background characters. Probably should have made that clearer.
I get'cha.

Well, KS fans handle background characters in a FAR better manner than bronies. I know this because KS fans don't annoy the fuck out of me.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

KeiichiO wrote:
SpunkySix wrote: I was mostly talking about Suzu and them though... who are distinctly background characters. Probably should have made that clearer.
I get'cha.

Well, KS fans handle background characters in a FAR better manner than bronies. I know this because KS fans don't annoy the fuck out of me.
Wow. Well, I'm glad you're happy in this fandom then. It does seem to have some interesting students to work with.
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:Proprioception? Man, now that I can't imagine. I think having normal clumsy person lack of spacial awareness sucks, I really don't think I could handle not knowing where my limbs are at all. Kind of reminds me of object permanence issues. I wonder if they're related...
Wait, maybe I was unclear. Proprioception is the sense, not the lack of it.

Potato

Post by Potato »

Atario wrote:I believe the objection is that we're habitually being told what's best for us, as though we're small children. Hope that perspective of yours holds up as well for you when something you enjoy gets stifled arbitrarily…

I think it's the logistics. By the time they're introduced, our third-years are almost graduating already — not a lot of chance for anything to develop. You'd end up with those two plus the Yamaku staff and a boatload of invented characters. Ends up feeling hardly related anymore, I would think.
Where exactly were we told what's best for us? :?

And logistically, the 'characters' already invented are hardly related to anything anyway. :lol: Suzu appeared as a sleepy drawing with no lines, personality or major relevance for all of maybe ten seconds and she gets all kinds of fanfiction and such. Meanwhile, I could scrounge maybe...Five bits of fan anything about Shizune's mother. XD

And I just call proprioception the sense of flailing, because you couldn't flail effectively without it.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:Where exactly were we told what's best for us? :?
It's an inherent implication of enforcing behavior.
the 'characters' already invented are hardly related to anything anyway. :lol: Suzu appeared as a sleepy drawing with no lines, personality or major relevance for all of maybe ten seconds and she gets all kinds of fanfiction and such.
I haven't read any of it, but I assume most of it still links back to the primary characters, which would not be hard to manage. They're in the same class and/or year. Aoi and Keiko aren't.
And I just call proprioception the sense of flailing, because you couldn't flail effectively without it.
Mmm, I dunno, I think maybe lacking proprioception might make flailing more effective. Or at least less predictable. (Now I'm picturing Aoi and Keiko flopping around like rag dolls clipped to a paint mixer, accompanied by appropriate wacky cartoon sound effects :lol: )