9%
Aoi & Keiko
1%

Total votes: 1274

SpunkySix

Re: Favourite Side character

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Proprioception? Man, now that I can't imagine. I think having normal clumsy person lack of spacial awareness sucks, I really don't think I could handle not knowing where my limbs are at all. Kind of reminds me of object permanence issues. I wonder if they're related...
Wait, maybe I was unclear. Proprioception is the sense, not the lack of it.
Oh. OH. Good to know.

And Atario, that mental image man...
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
poopooface

Post by poopooface »

My favorite is Akira.
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
poopooface

Post by poopooface »

Also, Suzu is fucking worthless, people need to drop it, RIGHT THE FUCK NOW. She is not nor has she ever been special.
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

poopooface wrote:Also, Suzu is fucking worthless, people need to drop it, RIGHT THE FUCK NOW. She is not nor has she ever been special.
Well then. Aren't a divine, civilized chap.
Atario

Post by Atario »

You might even say he's a doodoohead.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

poopooface wrote:Also, Suzu is fucking worthless, people need to drop it, RIGHT THE FUCK NOW. She is not nor has she ever been special.
But Snoozu!
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

SpunkySix wrote:
But Snoozu!
The great poopooface has spoken. Lets pack it up everybody.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Oddball wrote:you're upset that one topic that was just page after page of bad jokes got shut down.
They weren't all bad jokes. And that's besides the point: the point is that there is absolutely no harm whatsoever in having a thread specifically for nonsense and light-hearted joking. As far as I know, the only person who had a problem with that thread was Cook.

I get that forums need mods to shut down people who are impolite/huge jerks to other people on the forum. Nobody wants a forum swarming with trolls/flame-warriors, but if a thread isn't actually causing any problems, why shut it down? Why not just laugh it off, shake your head and leave the participators to be as silly as they like?

Someone brought up a certain web-comic a page or so ago, so I'll leave you with this.

...Getting back on topic, I didn't mind Hideaki once I started getting into Shizune's route, but found him a little annoying in Lilly's route, particularly when he starts question Hisao about his condition, and when he makes absolutely no effort to hide how bored and disinterested he is. He's weird and detached in both routes, but I gained a little more appreciation for his subduedness after encountering Jigoro. Little more character depth does wonders for sympathy.

Still not my favorite character, but certainly an interesting one.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Potato

Post by Potato »

@someguy: Dunno. Go ask Cook.

And Hideaki is best girl.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:And Hideaki is best girl.
I'll admit that one art piece with him having feminine hips got to me a little. Not as much as it got to you prolly tho.

"Rev up the deep fryers, because this potato is about to go McDonalds fries, with Hideaki on the side."
Atario

Post by Atario »

someguy1294 wrote:He's weird and detached in both routes, but I gained a little more appreciation for his subduedness after encountering Jigoro. Little more character depth does wonders for sympathy.
That's why I shake my head every time I see a fast-forward-fanfic where Hideaki turns out to be a manly-man stud. Kinda undermines the kid's whole rebellion M.O., y'know?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:He's weird and detached in both routes, but I gained a little more appreciation for his subduedness after encountering Jigoro. Little more character depth does wonders for sympathy.
That's why I shake my head every time I see a fast-forward-fanfic where Hideaki turns out to be a manly-man stud. Kinda undermines the kid's whole rebellion M.O., y'know?
The whole "X in the future is still X, but totally different in every way" concept has potential, but I feel like it tends to fall completely flat because you're essentially using a character in name only unless there's a really good reason for said changes.
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:
Atario wrote:
The whole "X in the future is still X, but totally different in every way" concept has potential, but I feel like it tends to fall completely flat because you're essentially using a character in name only unless there's a really good reason for said changes.
The one exception in the whole KS canon is Hideaki; he's essentially pre- or early puberty during the story and things change a lot from then to full-blown adolescence—in fact, it's very common. If he has Jigoro's genes, he'd have a big growth spurt. Then it comes down to what he feels he can do with that; after all, the son v father dynamic is also very common. And because he is temperamentally very different, he might be a more thoughtful and controlled Jigoro. :)

(Edit: that is, not a manly-manly stud, but a very effective 'manly man' nevertheless.)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

brythain wrote:The one exception in the whole KS canon is Hideaki; he's essentially pre- or early puberty during the story and things change a lot from then to full-blown adolescence—in fact, it's very common. If he has Jigoro's genes, he'd have a big growth spurt. Then it comes down to what he feels he can do with that; after all, the son v father dynamic is also very common. And because he is temperamentally very different, he might be a more thoughtful and controlled Jigoro. :)

(Edit: that is, not a manly-manly stud, but a very effective 'manly man' nevertheless.)
I can see that... it just needs to be handled well, and the writer there is walking a very thin line between meaningful transformation and tracing paper thin gag prop.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Proprioception, eh? It has a word, that's good!
"Lack of Spacial Awareness" just sounds more like a criticism than a disability.
Congenital Proprioception Loss? How could I phrase the lack of it?
Atario wrote:
And I just call proprioception the sense of flailing, because you couldn't flail effectively without it.
Mmm, I dunno, I think maybe lacking proprioception might make flailing more effective. Or at least less predictable. (Now I'm picturing Aoi and Keiko flopping around like rag dolls clipped to a paint mixer, accompanied by appropriate wacky cartoon sound effects :lol: )
I was snickering until I got to 'wacky cartoon sound effects'. At that point, I full on lol'd.
Last edited by Munchenhausen on Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon