Has anyone else noticed that...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Deltamon

Has anyone else noticed that...

Post by Deltamon »

.. they seem to be nearly ALWAYS eating or drinking. Especially during the Hanako's/Lilly's story..

While I understand that eating and drinking is just a part of daily routine, and it's easy way to spend time with others.. I always felt like there was way too many eating or drinking scenes.. Made me hungry whole time, and Hisao doesn't like talking while eating. :(
Hanako = Shizune = Rin = Lilly = Emi
I just don't like categorizing people. Even if Hanako will always be the dearest for me, I still prefer if they all get equal share of love.
Palas

Re: Has anyone else noticed that...

Post by Palas »

Indeed. I also noticed that nearly every character has infinite money to spend at Shanghai.
Last edited by Palas on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.

Post by Guest »

Wonder if that's why Rin feels hungry when she sees Hanoko in the Act 1 route.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Guest wrote:Wonder if that's why Rin feels hungry when she sees Hanoko in the Act 1 route.
I pretty sure that was Rin being insensitive, and thinking of fried food when she saw her scars.
Kisho

Post by Kisho »

Hm.

Lilly is part of a rich family, so can afford it.
Hanako will get spoiled by Lilly.
Shizune can afford it for the same reason as Lilly.
Emi is very active, so will have a high metabolism.
And I didn't notice Rin eat too much during her path, and if she did it was because of Emi.

So there are good reasons for it really. Furthermore, eating and drinking is obviously incredibly important, not just for our survival: it's also important in our culture. It's the basis of many social events, and more.

Personally I didn't really notice it. Thinking about it further... Isn't it pretty much the perfect activity for a visual novel? A VN will rely a lot on dialogue and interaction between characters. Sitting around a table and eating/drinking allows for this a lot more than many activities. What else would teenagers do? Go see a film? Play some sports? You don't really talk during those.