whisky?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

inaniloquent

whisky?

Post by inaniloquent »

UMM. I got drunk with Kenji and died. I didn't even have a choice in the matter. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN WHAT WHY
Sardaukar

Re: whisky?

Post by Sardaukar »

You know if you bothered to read the conversation with Kenji, it tells you why.

Go pick a god damn girl.
Lilly <3
:D

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Shizune, Rin

Current Path: Lilly, again.
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

It's a joke the devs made. You're supposed to pick a girl.

The reason you die was because Kenji is a conspiracy theorist and he becomes paranoid about you. He explained in the conversations that the easiest way he would kill someone is by pushing them off the roof and making it seem like an accident. Welp, isn't that how you died?
FutureNinjaOni

Post by FutureNinjaOni »

I was in shock LMAO!

I finished off Rin's path and decided to load a save with the options (that would either lead to the whiskey or being with Rin). That was some unreal sh!t. Such an abrupt end ._.

Damn, I need to figure out how to hop onto Lilly's path.
"One guy. Two girls. In a dorm room. With a tea set."

Emi > Rin > Lilly > Hanako > Shizune
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

inaniloquent wrote:UMM. I got drunk with Kenji and died. I didn't even have a choice in the matter. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN WHAT WHY
"The Deep End," as that scene is called, is what happens when you haven't clearly connected with one of the girls by the end of Act 1. This isn't necessarily reflected just in terms of things you say to them and do with them: choices that occur when a girl isn't even around may still have an effect on her.

As one other hint: the girls come in pairs. If you're looking to connect with one, you can't afford to push her counterpart away.
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

If I remember correctly this is the first end that I got during the first act, in the demo.
I tried to be friendly to everyone i.e. to please everyone and who I got was Kenji. Kind of weird. :|
"[...] it's just a ride."
Zerix

Post by Zerix »

It's impossible to please everyone in this game, just like in real life. The girls are all somehow interconnected and have their own conflicts. (For instance, there is no way to get past the Shizune/Lilly conflict in Act 1 without pissing one or the other of them off)
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

Nekken wrote:
inaniloquent wrote:UMM. I got drunk with Kenji and died. I didn't even have a choice in the matter. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN WHAT WHY
"The Deep End," as that scene is called, is what happens when you haven't clearly connected with one of the girls by the end of Act 1. This isn't necessarily reflected just in terms of things you say to them and do with them: choices that occur when a girl isn't even around may still have an effect on her.

As one other hint: the girls come in pairs. If you're looking to connect with one, you can't afford to push her counterpart away.
It's also worth noting that just going after Lilly and Hanako, while pushing everyone else away, brings you dangerously close to "The Deep End", probably due to the lack of choices (since Hanako retreats a lot); one wrong move and you're sent hurtling off the roof.
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin: