What makes this game for me..

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

VenatorUnum

What makes this game for me..

Post by VenatorUnum »

..Is honestly the music, it brings me so in the mood of the entire story -especialy- on Hanako's route. (No spoilers imminent so no worries)

I can't stress enough just how beautiful some of these segments are thanks to the background music.
Thanks for a wonderful VN.
Ace_Marine

Re: What makes this game for me..

Post by Ace_Marine »

For me its everything. The art= superb. The music=orchestral and perfect mood set. The writing= perfect! So realistic.
its just the polish. It feels like a game made by professionals over 5 years not an indie game. It surpasses everything i've read so far. Really I can't say enough about this game
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Some of the new tracks are really good, and while the music has definitely been IMPROVED in the game, I don't know if they're better, strange as that sounds. They're more technically competent, have more flourish and pizzazz, and sound much cleaner than in Act 1, but they've lost a very heavy emphasis on the original melodies (best examples would be 'Out of the Loop' and 'Raindrops and Puddles', which just don't stick out as much any more). That said, they're still great. Generic Happy Music and Breathlessly are probably my new favourite tracks.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
toue

Post by toue »

I thought the music was fantastic, I actually stopped in the middle of a few scenes because I wanted to see what the song was, and it absolutely made one moment towards the end of Rin's path for me.
Arcassa

Post by Arcassa »

I can't listen to shadow of the truth anymore without going near suicidally depressed because of Shizune's bad end.
AndR

Post by AndR »

I could listen to Painful History for hours.
Palas

Post by Palas »

AndR wrote:I could listen to Painful History for hours.
Oh, good Lord. This.

And Moment of Decision. And Comfort. And Nocturne.

And, to be honest, the whole masterpiece of the directing in KS is in just how each song carries a feeling. Each new time you listen to Caged Heart ingame you get the "Oh. Shit. What's wrong what's wrong MAKE IT STOP" feeling more and more.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
clyspe

Post by clyspe »

This is coming from someone who completely didn't follow the games development, so I'm likely among strangers, but the music for this game is spot on. The way certain pieces come in at just the right time really do justice to the writing's natural punctuation and I really enjoyed the three paths I've played so far. Now if I can only figure out how to get to Hanako's act 2 :shock:
Deltamon

Post by Deltamon »

VenatorUnum wrote:..Is honestly the music, it brings me so in the mood of the entire story -especialy- on Hanako's route. (No spoilers imminent so no worries)

I can't stress enough just how beautiful some of these segments are thanks to the background music.
Thanks for a wonderful VN.
I agree with you 95% but during few parts of the game, the music acts kind of as a spoiler.. Since you know that either something happy or sad is going to happen, before it even happens since the music starts bit too early in some parts.. Like for example during the part where Hanako freezes at the class room after her birthday is mentioned. The sad music cues bit too early.

The music itself is really good and enjoyable tho.. And the looping is really well made and subtle at most parts. I do however remember having some issues with the original music during the Act 1 and how they ended.. I'm glad that they fixed those for the full version.
clyspe wrote:Now if I can only figure out how to get to Hanako's act 2 :shock:
Spend time with her.
Last edited by Deltamon on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanako = Shizune = Rin = Lilly = Emi
I just don't like categorizing people. Even if Hanako will always be the dearest for me, I still prefer if they all get equal share of love.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Palas wrote:
AndR wrote:I could listen to Painful History for hours.
Oh, good Lord. This.

And Moment of Decision. And Comfort. And Nocturne.

And, to be honest, the whole masterpiece of the directing in KS is in just how each song carries a feeling. Each new time you listen to Caged Heart ingame you get the "Oh. Shit. What's wrong what's wrong MAKE IT STOP" feeling more and more.
Moment of Decision was tearing my soul apart. Or something like that anyway.

I mean, yeah, not as bad as Caged Heart but I just always felt like something is wrong and I can't do shit about it (Which... is pretty much true considering the later acts don't have that many choices.)
contown

Post by contown »

The "Innocence" track that plays in a lot of the biggest scenes gets to me EVERY time.
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

Was Raindrops and puddles even in the demo? I don't remember that name at all.

Also, my favourite would probably be.. whats-his-face... Hibaki? I think it's supposed to be Emi's theme. I love the upbeat cheerfulness of that song, it just fits so well with the person herself..
MasterHavik

Post by MasterHavik »

This game is a middle finger to all the anime haters calling games like this a Weeaboo's dream. What makes this game for me is the fucking story and how bad it makes me feel for the main character and the girls you can pick.
My first visual novel.....and I think I'm in love with chicks who don't talk a lot.
AndR

Post by AndR »

Yonowaaru wrote:Was Raindrops and puddles even in the demo? I don't remember that name at all.

Also, my favourite would probably be.. whats-his-face... Hibaki? I think it's supposed to be Emi's theme. I love the upbeat cheerfulness of that song, it just fits so well with the person herself..

Hokabi?
aridiel

Post by aridiel »

Four Leaf Studios made if for me. Does that count as a what? Or is it rather a whom?

They did a great job regardless. I think I like the most the fact that it isn't entirely contrived like I thought it would be - far from it in fact. I mean a few things are obviously contrived since it's a story in a bit of unusual setting but that's ok and I hardly thought about it, really.