Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Rivinhal

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Rivinhal »

Watered-Down wrote:As much as that was a perfect ending...

Why did it have to end there! Everything was so bittersweet, and then we get that one moment of true happiness- finally! And then nothing. It fits, Rin was too complicated for a cut and dry ending but I wish so bad that I could spend some more time with her after the fact. Sigh. I guess Ill just have to find REAL love then. Damn.
Lol.. I feel ya. This game has me all emotionally fucked up.. Maybe that's my fault though because I am an emotional person.. It's like I played this route and got the good end, and I understand everything perfectly, (in my own mind atleast) like how Hisao essentially just realizes that he pretty much fell in love with Rin for a reason.. and more than likely it wasn't because she was good at explaining things.. and how she tried her hardest to explain to him at the end (about her fearing his kindness) Like in my mind, he stopped thinking about the distance between them, and started focusing on how much closer they were and decided to live for the moment and enjoy his time with here rather than to worry about other things.. and I know I should feel happy, and in ways, I do... But i feel a sort of sadness about it too.. (maybe i just didn't want it to end and haven't came to terms with it yet) or perhaps i'm just emotionally exhausted lol. I had stayed up straight playing this game additively since release since I had nothing better to do, and ended up playing Emi, Hanako, and Rin so far.. and I've liked all of them very very much, but idk if it's the fatigue or emotional exhaustion or what but Rin's seemed so much more emotionally taxing, simply because of how different her and Hasao were, despite their feelings. Or maybe it hits home because I am like a mix of Hasao and Rin both. I think that may be why I like this game.. So many levels of complexity.. So much emotion..
Kaiio

Post by Kaiio »

Has she seen taking medicine from Emi again? The last shot was kinda unsettling...
That's the only thing I would fix in the entire route. Other than that it's perfect.
Watered-Down

Post by Watered-Down »

Really? I thought it was the only thing that made it worth the investment in the end.
ardiel

Post by ardiel »

whiteflags wrote:I deliberately will avoid reading most of this thread to avoid spoilers but Rin's route is annoying particularly because I don't remember any decisions that clearly involved her route in Act 1. So few her flags involved her scenes. But I will keep trying.
I think a good hint to get her path without spoiling anything or telling specific choices is to just see if she appears very often. You basically get a split from act 1 where you go from hardly ever seeing her to seeing her all the time unlike the other characters which you'll tend to see more often if you aren't heading for Rin's path. At least I think so.
Kaiio

Post by Kaiio »

Watered-Down wrote:Really? I thought it was the only thing that made it worth the investment in the end.
I was refering to the quality of the picture itself rather than the story. She looks more stoned than happy. Her mouth is also, like, shifted to the left :?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Ah, so I'm not the only one who thougt it looked strange^^
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Watered-Down

Post by Watered-Down »

Kaiio wrote:
Watered-Down wrote:Really? I thought it was the only thing that made it worth the investment in the end.
I was refering to the quality of the picture itself rather than the story. She looks more stoned than happy. Her mouth is also, like, shifted to the left :?
Ah, yeah. Well its a style choice that happens more than once in this game so I wasn't put off by that point. Not a fan of that kind of thing either though.

Post by Guest »

Kaiio wrote:
She can't be stoned and happy? :lol: It wouldn't surprise me at all. I mean she did ask an adult for cigarettes just to experiment and I suspect she would have done other stuff without us knowing it >.>
Watered-Down

Post by Watered-Down »

If she and Hisao can stick it out there will be much mutual drug experimentation, but she'll have Hisao there to make sure she doesn't take it to far. :mrgreen:
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

Watered-Down wrote:If she and Hisao can stick it out there will be much mutual drug experimentation, but she'll have Hisao there to make sure she doesn't take it to far. :mrgreen:
This.

I'm not too keen with my memory, but it seemed implied to me that she was using the codeine for a recreational purpose.
Same thing with the cigarettes.

Also, the fact that she's a quite abstract-type artist doesn't help her case. I'm sure drugs are going to come up in her future, but they kind of suit her. I don't think she'd ever become addicted or a regular user though.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Yuno wrote:I'm not too keen with my memory, but it seemed implied to me that she was using the codeine for a recreational purpose.
Same thing with the cigarettes.
No, she just unintentionally ODed on her cold medicine.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

Mirage_GSM wrote: No, she just unintentionally ODed on her cold medicine.
eh, I wasn't implying that I didn't know that. What I'm saying was it just seems like something she'd do on purpose, as supposed to be read between the lines. I'm suggesting that there's more to it than just an accident.

The average dose you get for a cold, with codeine, is 20mg in tablets every 6 hours or so. In order to actually get high off of codeine to the point where you didn't remember, you'd probably need around 60-80mg of codeine. Codeine is usually sold within the range of 10 to 15mg tablets. It would mean that Rin took around 3-4 extra tablets than she should have. She may just be being irresponsible though, I dunno. It would fit her personality, though, to experiment with these things, especially when you see the cigarette scene.
Last edited by Yuno on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sperance

Post by Sperance »

Finally finished the path. Holy shit, man. I dunno, the ending didn't seem very bittersweet to me, as I have the same problems as Rin with understanding and comunicating my feelings and those of other people. The fact that Hisao finally seemed to understand and accept that felt very heartwarming to me, as was his admision that living for the present wasn't a bad thing. Maybe I'm just biased as my girlfriend would be Hisao in this case, but we've already been three years in a relationship. So I know this two would be able to find happiness together.

I think, in the end Rin really loves Hisao, but doesn't think a word like "love" actually is a good enough word to convey all her feelings and so her final question.

Kudos to the writer, fro making such a hard yet satisfying story. Thanks you
Kaiio

Post by Kaiio »

As I get it so far her career is pretty much done for? She was supposed to be in her rinest when she paints, but she said that's not her or something equally confusing :?
ardiel

Post by ardiel »

Kaiio wrote:As I get it so far her career is pretty much done for? She was supposed to be in her rinest when she paints, but she said that's not her or something equally confusing :?
She's her Rinest when she paints for herself, I'd say. All the art gallery shenanigans and being famous and such is not part of her being Rinest. This fits very much with the mural being a mural, Hisao trying to interpret it and Rin telling him it just is what it is, or where she tells Sae that her paintings can't have names because giving them a name changes how people will look at them.