Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Xanatos »

Zailen wrote:[I don't understand paragraphs]
Learn about paragraphs. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

I understand paragraphs fine, however the post was supposed to be a bit more organic and unstructured. I think I achieved that. I thought it was a bit more personal that way, typing exactly as i speak instead of filtering it and sectioning it. *shrugs* I dunno. Works for me I guess :P
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Zailen wrote:I understand paragraphs fine, however the post was supposed to be a bit more organic and unstructured. I think I achieved that. I thought it was a bit more personal that way, typing exactly as i speak instead of filtering it and sectioning it. *shrugs* I dunno. Works for me I guess :P
*twitch*

EDITYOURDAMNPARAGRAPHS

But in all seriousness, edit. It makes it much easier to read posts, and often removes stuff you'll probably regret writing in the first place. It's not emotional if it's just a big blob of words.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

I normally do, and I apologise. I should probably explain that at the time of writing, i was running on 2 days of being awake, and a fever. I still regret nothing, the words are true! But Most of my thoughts are usually organized quite well, as I'm used to typing in an extracurricular setting for education and such. Anyhow, back to the thread! I dont want to derail it! I can assure you that my future posts will be structured correctly.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Hey, I've used the same tactic in this very thread if I recall. I figured people would appreciate the witty reference and 'homage' to Rin's method of expression but I guess not.

My conclusion? Hanabros are easier and better to deal with. :D

It doesn't help that someone here is an 'MS-14S' of this forum, and no one's going to get that reference and I don't care...
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Hey, I've used the same tactic in this very thread if I recall. I figured people would appreciate the witty reference and 'homage' to Rin's method of expression but I guess not.

My conclusion? Hanabros are easier and better to deal with. :D

It doesn't help that someone here is an 'MS-14S' of this forum, and no one's going to get that reference and I don't care...
Well, it doesn't work as a reference (never mind 'witty' because it doesn't take wit to mimic something) because it still contains pauses. That scene with Rin was a single breathless burst of words. This is a typical pause-filled ramble, just bunched up into a text block. :lol: And I can google that reference, so :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Nahhh nahhh I'm not that deep xD It wasn't a reference to anything, it was more of myself passing out mere minutes after posting xD
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Zailen wrote:Nahhh nahhh I'm not that deep xD
Pft. Rin is 2deep4u, man. :P [shimmie]3593[/shimmie]
MadTeddyBear

Post by MadTeddyBear »

Sorry if any of this has been covered before, I’m kind of new here and haven’t had a chance to go over the rest of this thread yet…

I'm trying to make more sense out of the relationship between Rin and Hisao during the exhibition preparation. So, we know that Rin feels like she can only truly express herself through her painting and that she seems to associate certain words with emotions, thoughts, or a state of mind rather than a concrete definition.

During her preparation for the exhibition, if we think of this in terms of her trying to "say" as much as she can to become the artist that people expect her to say, it seems unlikely that she was ever trying to just use Hisao as a muse. When she became self-destructive, it was as if she had run out of things to express and had to break herself in order to find more.

Going back to her use of language, I can't help but think back to how she mentioned she really didn't have any friends early on and later kept asking if Hisao was still her friend. Is it possible that her "definition" of friend is fluid and are just her emotions towards Hisao (as she doesn't seem to think of anyone else as a friend)? The reason I bring this up is that she may have shared Hisao's feelings for her and simply felt that her feelings towards him represented friendship. In act 1 she mentioned she didn't feel that they were far along enough in their relationship for help in the bathroom, which tells me that she does have some concept of what she's comfortable with as she gets to know someone.

Is it possible that when she didn't want to talk about becoming more than friends, she was developing feelings for Hisao and she felt like changing the nature of their relationship would require the same kind of destruction she was putting herself through to become an artist? And her feelings may have been expressed through her artwork in ways that Hisao just couldn't grasp? When I look at the scene Delirium, it seems to make so much more sense in this light rather than just her awkwardly trying to take advantage of Hisao for the sake of her artwork. Is this possible, or am I trying to read too much into what happened?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

MadTeddyBear wrote:Is this possible, or am I trying to read too much into what happened?
She never took advantage of Hisao for her artwork. So...What are you even asking?

She tries to destroy herself to rebuild herself into what others think she should be. She didn't run out of things to express because her art isn't made to express. It's just made to be there. She enjoys the act of painting in itself, not because it has meaning. The problem is everyone else expects and demands meaning where she has none, and they demand she turn out constant output for this gallery, rather than just for her own pleasure. Then when the art show starts, even more demands of meaning and explanations and answers that simply are not there. That is why she tries to change and, failing that, is why she breaks down at the exhibition.
MadTeddyBear

Post by MadTeddyBear »

Xanatos wrote:
MadTeddyBear wrote:Is this possible, or am I trying to read too much into what happened?
She never took advantage of Hisao for her artwork. So...What are you even asking?

She tries to destroy herself to rebuild herself into what others think she should be. She didn't run out of things to express because her art isn't made to express. It's just made to be there. She enjoys the act of painting in itself, not because it has meaning. The problem is everyone else expects and demands meaning where she has none, and they demand she turn out constant output for this gallery, rather than just for her own pleasure. Then when the art show starts, even more demands of meaning and explanations and answers that simply are not there. That is why she tries to change and, failing that, is why she breaks down at the exhibition.
I guess I picked those words poorly. Rin's intent never seemed malicious or manipulative, but she was driven to live up to everyone else's expectations and she might have been so focused on trying to make everyone happy with the exhibit that she just shut everything out and didn't want to think about her relationship with Hisao (or anything else).

Since I tend to over-think things, I'm just curious if I'm over-thinking Rin's story.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

MadTeddyBear wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

I guess I picked those words poorly. Rin's intent never seemed malicious or manipulative, but she was driven to live up to everyone else's expectations and she might have been so focused on trying to make everyone happy with the exhibit that she just shut everything out and didn't want to think about her relationship with Hisao (or anything else).

Since I tend to over-think things, I'm just curious if I'm over-thinking Rin's story.
Rin's is a difficult story to overthink. But her relationship with Hisao isn't anything that needed to be thought about either. They were friends and that was enough at least for her. And she obviously thought about it to some degree as she repeatedly asks if they are still friends.

She did indeed shut everything out in that little room above the gallery. Not even a question of that. That happened. That was largely the cause of her downward spiral, culminating in her falling apart at the exhibit. Assuming you reach the exhibit, that is. (The bad end cuts the story short with some really dark implications, and I forget where the neutral one leaves off.) But even shutting so much out, she still let Hisao hang around. It sufficed for her to merely have his company. She clearly gave some thought to him, or as much as she could spare with all her other baggage.
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

To be fair, people asking for paragraphs to be edited in doesn't mean they don't appreciate the homage but only necessarily implies they prefer to read something more organized. The two are not mutually exclusive.

And yeah, Rin does have boundaries. She wasn't willing to let Hisao touch her in the boobs or one of her ears (for whatever reason). Of course my first reaction was thinking of all of the other available options. :twisted: :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Denouement wrote:To be fair, people asking for paragraphs to be edited in doesn't mean they don't appreciate the homage but only necessarily implies they prefer to read something more organized. The two are not mutually exclusive.

And yeah, Rin does have boundaries. She wasn't willing to let Hisao touch her in the boobs or one of her ears (for whatever reason). Of course my first reaction was thinking of all of the other available options. :twisted: :lol:
Left ear, I think...Wonder why... >>;
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

The thing about Rin is, if you consider my personality, she's probably the girl I'd be most like. I talk about a lot of things and no one really gets what I'm trying to say. I'm a bit of a loner, few friends, lost in my own world, the whole 9 yards. So it's quite interesting then, that even though I'm most like her, I found myself the least romantically attracted to her out of all the girls. I suppose that's a hint that means I'm not meant to find someone that's the same as me, but rather different. Perhaps I'm meant to contrast someone's personality rather than compliment it. In any case, I can see why those who are fond of Rin feel that way. I however, am quite turned off by people who are 'afraid' of kindness or push others away for fear of being too close. I'm quite the opposite myself, I welcome closeness and work my way through the pain and struggles to become a stronger person.

All that being said, I'm attracted to the nobodies of society, the outcasts. The ones hated and rejected by most if not all others. That kind of person draws me in cause I want to see what that person is on the inside, like only I can. Like only I have the patience to. And that, dear Rinbros, is one of the biggest reasons I'm drawn to Hanako most. When someone shows me someone that no one gives a crap about, that's the person I want to talk to.

And also because I'm good at giving others what no one ever gave me...