Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ubergeneral

Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by ubergeneral »

This topic is only for discussingr Rin's path. There will be spoilers.
Don't post any spoilers for any other girls path

really am I the only one that is doing Rin first?

Anyways I just finished act 2 and I have to say that i'm really liking Rin more and more. Now that we are much farther in I can start to see what Rin really is on the inside and how her insecurities affect her.

Really good job with how the story is going. Very cute.
LordQ

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by LordQ »

Yeah, one really gets the idea that not many are doing the Rin path first. :/

Nonetheless, I've finished it. While on holiday in Shanghai. Do I have a life? Meh.

It was touching. The last CG really moved me... And it was an amazing read to see Rin actually reacting.
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

I went for Rin first! ..And got a bad ending.

Then I got Lilly's good ending.

BUT THEN I WENT BACK AND GOT RIN'S GOOD ENDING.

That said, the entire "Raison d'etre" scene is phenomenal, as is "Delirium" and her good ending. I've said it before, I'll say it again.. because of how grueling and emotionally exhausting Rin's path is, seeing her good ending is a wonderful feeling, cuz you really feel like you fought hard for that ending and truly earned it, as opposed to the other endings I've seen thus far.

<3 Rin
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
toue

Post by toue »

I finished about an hour ago. I did Rin first, took me about 8 hours, though I spent maybe 1 or 2 of those just thinking and not advancing the game.
Although I see too much of myself in the storyline to be completely comfortable, I can seriously say that this is the most artistically, culturally, and personally significant piece of fiction I've ever found.

The first H-scene was the most soul shatteringly depressing thing I have ever seen, which is only exacerbated by the fact that I immediately stumbled into the bad ending. The last time I cried was when I was 16 years old and trying to walk to the car with a shattered femur, but that entire sequence brought me closer to the line than I thought I was capable of being.
konufis

Post by konufis »

i just finish Rin path... without getting a bad ending ( i still wonder how i did), and i Have to say that it was hard, some choice you have to make are rather hard. But so far I really like it, and i cried a couple of time.
But what i liked most, is that you can see more clearly who is Rin. When doing the act 1 you don't really grasp who she is, but when you get a bit further in her story you see that she is a complex girl, not just some weird.

So far i really like her, and i hope to be able to enjoy the other path as well, for now, I'm going to the Shizune path ^^
Dum Spiro Spero
kulkukan

Post by kulkukan »

Solitude. so, much solitude. I was expecting a happy go lucky adventure with best girl, and I got the good end, and it was profound. I too, fear the future, fear change, simply because it brings the unknown. i too don't like the me i am too much, but as the saying goes better the devil we know than the one we don't. but we must forge ahead because if we don't, we atroph, and that is no good at all. I was almost screaming at Hisao to stop being an emotionally introverted fuckwit, but i found him doing better than my impatient ass could ever. Easily one of the most powerful pieces I've ever read. I really did(despite what i wrote earlier) walk in expecting anything, anything but this. i almost moved me to tears(some of Actual sorrow, others of frustration). and that those bad endings i went back and did? I don't know what I would have done had I blundered into them naturally. good writing, as i said made me feel Hisao's frustration, especially seeing rin go down the drain like she was.
TL;DR loved it and its only my first path.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

I not only did Rin's path first, I did a new save before every choice, and worked my way back up the decision tree to do all the combinations (not counting act 1). Doing the same with Hanako now.

Post by Guest »

First and only path, the emotional investment seems to disallow me to even look at the other routes.
Grisly Bear

Post by Grisly Bear »

Wow Rin's path is just wow... i think i got a good end, might have been neutral end. it didnt end really happily just seemed content. might just be me because i dont seem to feel emotions as keenly as people around me. but i have to agree the first h-scene is soul shattering.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Got the bad ending and haven't the slightest idea what I did wrong. All of her choices seem so vague.
Kwopper

Post by Kwopper »

I went after Rin's path immediately; I was moved to tears at least 3 times throughout.
The raw emotion captured in the exchange of dialogue hit a little too close to home for me to take.
The events of this path almost exactly mirror my experiences in falling in love with an artist (a girl quite similar to Rin in her odd, standoff-ish mannerisms) in real life; so much so that I couldn't control my sobbing by the time the end rolled around.
Gorgeous, gorgeous work. One of the most emotionally moving and memorable literary/artistic feats I've experienced.

Post by Guest »

I guess I got the good end since it seems that it would have been very obvious if i had gotten the bad end. That said it felt less good than neutral like said above. I am reminded of Kurt Vonnegut's blackboard discussion.

http://www.laphamsquarterly.org/images/Vonnegut5.jpg

It was an incredible story. I feel a gutrenching pain and a desperation for everything to just work out. But also a deep satisfaction from all of it. Something more blindly happy would't be right. This is. I am very glad to have chosen to be privy to her life first.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Happy Rin ending is the one with wafting dandelions
Sad ending is breakup in the rain
The other endings are kind of just ending, or sad without Rin but without a big breakup (IIRC)
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

I'm a bit curious about what Rin was actually dealing with emotionally. It may have been a bit too profound for my understanding.

Was Rin fearing change and the future? Or was it the fact that she couldn't express herself verbally so she attempted to do the same with art, only being further understood, leaving her feeling alone or isolated?

I may be a bit dense on this one, Hanako and Emi's paths seemed very cut and dry.
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

ultrarare wrote:I'm a bit curious about what Rin was actually dealing with emotionally. It may have been a bit too profound for my understanding.

Was Rin fearing change and the future? Or was it the fact that she couldn't express herself verbally so she attempted to do the same with art, only being further understood, leaving her feeling alone or isolated?

I may be a bit dense on this one, Hanako and Emi's paths seemed very cut and dry.
Oops, typo...

"only being further *MISunderstood, leaving her feeling alone or isolated?"