Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Xanatos » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:15 am

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Dude, Lilly does the same thing! She comes off all prim and proper, polite. Next thing you know, she screws two times in the same weekend!
Well, Lilly's a nympho. xD
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by pandaphil » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:18 am

They're no worse than your average teenaged guy when it comes to sex. And I find that rather refreshing. Otherwise I think a lot of us would be too inclined to put the girls on a pedestal.

I can see in some alternate reality Hanako turning into something of a "slut". Particularly in her bad ending, should she somehow retain the impression that the only way she can get a boy to like her is to "put out".
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Xanatos » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:34 am

pandaphil wrote:They're no worse than your average teenaged guy when it comes to sex. And I find that rather refreshing. Otherwise I think a lot of us would be too inclined to put the girls on a pedestal.

I can see in some alternate reality Hanako turning into something of a "slut". Particularly in her bad ending, should she somehow retain the impression that the only way she can get a boy to like her is to "put out".
Yeah, that's a possibility...Nothing particularly wrong with being one, but those would be shitty reasons. Poor hypothetical Hanako...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

Guest Poster
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Guest Poster » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:16 am

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Well I'm a fan of the underdog then. But the polls say different anyway. :lol:

I didn't really feel the romantic love for Rin mostly all the way through, she feels more like a cool buddy to hang out with. But near the end after Nomiya yelled at her, that's when I felt something for her. I really don't like seeing girls cry. That was the one moment I felt like I could think like myself, to comfort and console her. She's not hard to understand, she's just not all lovey-dovey like I would be.
You say you're not a white knight yet your statement suggests that the most sure-fire way for a girl to let you fall for her is to break down so you can swoop in and comfort her. That smells like rescue romance all the way. If the moment you fall in love with someone happens to coincide with the moment you first felt sorry for him/her, then that's a major red flag. It's okay to have that disposition with fictional characters, but be careful not to let that trait seep into your real life.

Also, about Emi's and Rin's friendship...it's a casual friendship. Emi hangs out with Rin because Rin is unlikely to pry into her personal affairs and Rin hangs out with Emi out of convenience and because Emi seems happy to hang out without trying too hard to make sense of her. It works for both of them...it's just that they're unlikely to stay in contact after graduation.

Also, is it my imagination that Emi mothers Rin way more than Lilly ever mothers Hanako? I'm not just talking about the dressing part...Emi also makes sure Rin eats on time and attends class. Rin seems less bothered by the mothering than Hanako is.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Xanatos » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:27 am

Guest Poster wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Well I'm a fan of the underdog then. But the polls say different anyway. :lol:

I didn't really feel the romantic love for Rin mostly all the way through, she feels more like a cool buddy to hang out with. But near the end after Nomiya yelled at her, that's when I felt something for her. I really don't like seeing girls cry. That was the one moment I felt like I could think like myself, to comfort and console her. She's not hard to understand, she's just not all lovey-dovey like I would be.
You say you're not a white knight yet your statement suggests that the most sure-fire way for a girl to let you fall for her is to break down so you can swoop in and comfort her. That smells like rescue romance all the way. If the moment you fall in love with someone happens to coincide with the moment you first felt sorry for him/her, then that's a major red flag. It's okay to have that disposition with fictional characters, but be careful not to let that trait seep into your real life.

Also, about Emi's and Rin's friendship...it's a casual friendship. Emi hangs out with Rin because Rin is unlikely to pry into her personal affairs and Rin hangs out with Emi out of convenience and because Emi seems happy to hang out without trying too hard to make sense of her. It works for both of them...it's just that they're unlikely to stay in contact after graduation.

Also, is it my imagination that Emi mothers Rin way more than Lilly ever mothers Hanako? I'm not just talking about the dressing part...Emi also makes sure Rin eats on time and attends class. Rin seems less bothered by the mothering than Hanako is.
Guest, meet Heartman. He has a lot of red flags. :lol:

And if nobody mothered Rin, she's likely to go days without remembering to eat or go to class. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

ProfAllister
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by ProfAllister » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:54 am

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Dude, Lilly does the same thing! She comes off all prim and proper, polite. Next thing you know, she screws two times in the same weekend!
Fun fact: girls enjoy sex, too.

And, as a general rule for KS, it's the girls that have primary agency, including (and especially) when it comes to initiating sex. Yes, even Hanako. This isn't a matter of being sluts. It's a matter of being (or emulating, since they're fictional characters) human beings.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754

User avatar
pandaphil
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by pandaphil » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:57 am

ProfAllister wrote:
Fun fact: girls enjoy sex, too.

And, as a general rule for KS, it's the girls that have primary agency, including (and especially) when it comes to initiating sex. Yes, even Hanako. This isn't a matter of being sluts. It's a matter of being (or emulating, since they're fictional characters) human beings.

Well said sir.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.

User avatar
Jobriq
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:41 am
Location: Back at school! yay!

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Jobriq » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:14 am

So there's a scene called "Rose-Tinted Glasses" in which Nomiya talks about art and stuff.

The phrase "looking through rose-tinted glasses" means to only see the good parts of something. Nomiya wears rose-tinted glasses. I feel like there's some significance to that.
Fist of the North Star is a strange movie ._.
<Xanatos>: "Security is just Mutou walking around punching disobedient students in the head."
<KeiichiO>: "I'd rather look at clop than furry porn."
<CFC Kyle>: "All you do is press the quote button above someones post and WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE quoted."

User avatar
SirSlaughter
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:53 am

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by SirSlaughter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:12 pm

Jobriq wrote:So there's a scene called "Rose-Tinted Glasses" in which Nomiya talks about art and stuff.

The phrase "looking through rose-tinted glasses" means to only see the good parts of something. Nomiya wears rose-tinted glasses. I feel like there's some significance to that.
I suppose it's because when he talks about art you more or less see the good parts of Nomiya and art as well. I think it's because when you get further in the storyline and he yells his ass off at Rin you see the rest of him.
ImageImage

User avatar
Hisao&Hanako<3
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm
Location: United States

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:29 pm

Yes I have a lot of red flags. They're things people don't really understand about me because not many people live as I do. At 30 years old, I'm still saving myself for marriage, for one. I'm not with "the ways of the world" so to speak. Doesn't mean I can't still get along with people. They just will wonder how I can be as I am, it's not common in this day and age. Which is why I say I'm old fashioned and "from the 1800s" as another put it.

I don't mind any of that. Just don't go off insulting me thinking you know better. That's proverbial and not meant toward anyone in particular.

And no, Guest Poster, I wouldn't fall for someone solely because I feel sorry for them. But I do know that I would have a duty to fulfill, with my unique calling in life. That compared to the alternative which is walking away and doing nothing... which is what many people do, but I won't. I'll stand and make a difference, make a change.

Guest Poster
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Guest Poster » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Yes I have a lot of red flags. They're things people don't really understand about me because not many people live as I do. At 30 years old, I'm still saving myself for marriage, for one. I'm not with "the ways of the world" so to speak. Doesn't mean I can't still get along with people. They just will wonder how I can be as I am, it's not common in this day and age. Which is why I say I'm old fashioned and "from the 1800s" as another put it.
I will not judge you for this. To each his own. However...
And no, Guest Poster, I wouldn't fall for someone solely because I feel sorry for them. But I do know that I would have a duty to fulfill, with my unique calling in life. That compared to the alternative which is walking away and doing nothing... which is what many people do, but I won't. I'll stand and make a difference, make a change.
And yet I'm having a strong suspicion that that is what often determines whether you are drawn to a person or not. You mentioned yourself you didn't feel particularly drawn to Rin, but suddenly felt this rush when she burst into tears and needed comforting. That rush, my dear sir, is the call of a codependant personality. And it's not a good thing despite the deceiving appearances. I'm gonna play the shrink for a little while.

Way too many of your posts put forward the notion that what you mentioned in the piece I quoted above is the very characteristic you define yourself by...the core of your identity... your main selling point. In your own words; you are a person who is at his best when comforting and consoling someone who's BADLY in need of it. That's why you suddenly felt drawn to crying Rin while you weren't before and why you were drawn to Hanako from the get-go. There are plenty of people in the world who would walk away from someone who is so troubled, but not you...you would never give that person up, you would never let her down, never run around and desert her, never make her cry, say goodbye, lie to her or hurt her. Thing is...someone who feels he's at his best when comforting someone who has hit rock bottom is a bit like someone who makes having a fallout shelter in his back yard his main selling point...in general that selling point shouldn't ever be needed in the first place and this someone (be it the master comforter or the fallout shelter owner) is just Mr. Average under everyday circumstances.

The master comforter's subconciousness tends to work its way around that pesky limitation (because subconciousnesses are sneaky bastards like that) by drawing its owner towards people who are troubled because it is around those people that the master comforter's potential can be fully realized, it is around those people that the master comforter can feel and be special and validated and be appreciated for all he has to offer. By the way, the average master comforter has rather low self-esteem because all the things that he feels are appealing and special about himself don't come into play around people who aren't damaged or in some sort of crisis, so most of the time the MC feels he doesn't have much appeal to begin with.

I don't mean to rant or be insulting, but many of your posts including the one above show telltale marks of codependancy and it was the very subject Hanako's route touched upon. (and you seemed to have missed it) It's not a healthy mindset, despite what it may seem. I used to be guilty of it myself in the past, so I feel kinda compelled to point it out. Of course, don't take it from me, take it from Hanako. Call it a day a few times, visit her room on the 10th of july and let her explain it in no uncertain terms.
Last edited by Guest Poster on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.

User avatar
BananaPudding
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by BananaPudding » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Jobriq wrote:So there's a scene called "Rose-Tinted Glasses" in which Nomiya talks about art and stuff.

The phrase "looking through rose-tinted glasses" means to only see the good parts of something. Nomiya wears rose-tinted glasses. I feel like there's some significance to that.
It makes sense with how he looks at Rin, when he looks at her all he sees is the potential artist in her and nothing else.
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:I'll stand and make a difference, make a change.
and now Michael Jackson is stuck in my head
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune

User avatar
Jobriq
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:41 am
Location: Back at school! yay!

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Jobriq » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:33 am

What if there was a pseudo-path between Rin and the blind guy in the art club? She seemed semi-obsessed with that guy at least while she's painting her mural.
Fist of the North Star is a strange movie ._.
<Xanatos>: "Security is just Mutou walking around punching disobedient students in the head."
<KeiichiO>: "I'd rather look at clop than furry porn."
<CFC Kyle>: "All you do is press the quote button above someones post and WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE quoted."

User avatar
Hisao&Hanako<3
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm
Location: United States

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:31 am

Actually, I have quite a bit of self confidence. But before you get too far in your misunderstanding, Guest Poster, I'll just say this... most of what you said is wrong about me. Completely. Average? I'm anything but "Mr. Average" even in a typical everyday situation. I go the extra mile, even at work. I do my job well, have confidence in my work and clean and do what I'm supposed to do. I carry a personality undamaged by pain, most would be very cynical/judgemental in my situation. Understand that I wouldn't act to a real person what I think of a fictional character, and understand that I've come a long way in just the last 10 years of my life alone, let alone the other 20. Come to think of it, when I was but a child I still thought many things that many adults don't care about today.

I always was one step ahead of "the game," why? Because I always had my heart in the right place, which is not of this world. I am but a visitor, here temporarily. I don't put my faith in the things that will come to pass. I put it into things that will last forever. You, who judge me by worldly standards, by knowledge that will come to pass, will always misunderstand. Just cool your jets and let me commend you as a writer of one of the most fantastic pieces of fan fiction I've ever read. Cause quite frankly you have no clue how I act and react around real people. Like I said before, I'm actually quite timid and withdrawn around strangers. Not that I'm not confident, I just choose to be the silent observer.

I'm going to stop before I get way off subject and turn this into something else...

And back on topic, I wouldn't date Rin, or try to, just because I felt sorry for her at that one particular moment.

And as for the comment about Hanako, maybe back in high school 10 years ago, I'd have gotten her bad end. I wouldn't have been confident enough to express my feelings well, but at the same time I would be persistent and not have given her the space and time to make up her own mind. BUT... I'm a much different, stronger, more confident person now. So 10 years ago, you'd be right about me. But you're way, way off now! I'm done for now.

YZQ
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 am

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by YZQ » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:10 am

Dr. Viktor Frankl had a valuable line for a situation like this, but I do not have his Man's Search For Meaning with me now.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."

Post Reply