Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Steinherz

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Steinherz »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:The thing about Rin is, if you consider my personality, she's probably the girl I'd be most like. I talk about a lot of things and no one really gets what I'm trying to say. I'm a bit of a loner, few friends, lost in my own world, the whole 9 yards. So it's quite interesting then, that even though I'm most like her, I found myself the least romantically attracted to her out of all the girls. I suppose that's a hint that means I'm not meant to find someone that's the same as me, but rather different. Perhaps I'm meant to contrast someone's personality rather than compliment it. In any case, I can see why those who are fond of Rin feel that way. I however, am quite turned off by people who are 'afraid' of kindness or push others away for fear of being too close. I'm quite the opposite myself, I welcome closeness and work my way through the pain and struggles to become a stronger person.

All that being said, I'm attracted to the nobodies of society, the outcasts. The ones hated and rejected by most if not all others. That kind of person draws me in cause I want to see what that person is on the inside, like only I can. Like only I have the patience to. And that, dear Rinbros, is one of the biggest reasons I'm drawn to Hanako most. When someone shows me someone that no one gives a crap about, that's the person I want to talk to.

And also because I'm good at giving others what no one ever gave me...
that was.... beautiful
You sir/madam have my respect.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:So it's quite interesting then, that even though I'm most like her, I found myself the least romantically attracted to her out of all the girls. I suppose that's a hint that means I'm not meant to find someone that's the same as me, but rather different. Perhaps I'm meant to contrast someone's personality rather than compliment it.

I want to see what that person is on the inside, like only I can. Like only I have the patience to.
Well, the saying IS "opposites attract" :P And someone the same as you wouldn't complement you anyway. Salt and pepper complement each other and are quite different. (Also, 'compliment' is an entirely different word that doesn't work here /educationalmoment)

...Only you can? Really? Billions on this Earth, ya know... :?

Nice post though. Bravo.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

Rin fears getting close to others in the arc yes, but the ending seems to imply she can be herself and still love Hisao because of acceptance. What "Rin kin" probably find alluring about her is what might be described as her "unassuming personality", which is attributed to Hisao's explanation of her being "present" and nowhere else. What I personally find so exhausting about interaction with society and other people is that they are very assuming, it's very hard not to be, even for myself. With our own diction of the words coming out of our mouths or from the words we type/text. With the veil of prejudice and contained emotions to taint the present interpretation of something. With our existence as an insatiable will that extends itself over others, looking for distinctions and applying roles and control. Love itself is like that, it's like Nietzsche's "Will to Power" but instead "Will to Love". After all, relationships are defined roles that aid our desires. When one is with another, one demands the fulfillment of what is assigned (which reminds me of Jean-Paul Sartre's "In love, one and one are one"). Exclusivity, amusement, agreement on certain things, etc. Rin's love would seemingly be one of simply walking the path of life with another. It too of course is a role, it's a social construct still. But it's not so assuming. Rin and her other are still themselves, just together, and that's it. It's almost like having your cake and eating it too. :lol: Whether it's impossible or not, the ideal is refreshing. Like Jean-Paul Sartre also says in a play of his, "Hell is other people". For one and one to be one, the only way for that to be done, for me, to avoid that hell, is to have such a relationship.

@Xanatos: Her ear might possibly be one of "those" spots on some women that are... sensitive. :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Denouement wrote:Rin and her other are still themselves, just together, and that's it.
So they're just friends who date. No real change beyond the terminology. That's possible. I've seen it. It's the best way to do it too.

And...Yeah, but why JUST the left ear? And she didn't make other....Sensitive parts...Off-limits. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

Xanatos wrote:So they're just friends who date. No real change beyond the terminology. That's possible. I've seen it. It's the best way to do it too.
I agree. I most certainly didn't always think that way, but after some years it's starting to seem that way.
And...Yeah, but why JUST the left ear? And she didn't make other....Sensitive parts...Off-limits. :lol:
...It's hard for me to construct a possible explanation, I admit. XD
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Denouement wrote:...It's hard for me to construct a possible explanation, I admit. XD
Maybe all those parts are actually contained in her ear.

Oh god, she's a monster.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

So then I finally found the right words I was looking for. This is all just what I was trying to say when I said things like 'I organize the girls according to damage.' I'm a Rin, I talk in riddles, I say something that sounds completely different than what I'm trying to say. So rather than respond with "What you're saying means this and makes you sound ridiculous", try "Hey, I didn't totally get what you were trying to say, could you say it in different words?"

I rarely ever blatantly attempt to speak negative about people and things, chances are when I say something, I'm trying to say something positive. If I'm not in a defensive mood of course.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:So then I finally found the right words I was looking for. This is all just what I was trying to say when I said things like 'I organize the girls according to damage.' I'm a Rin, I talk in riddles, I say something that sounds completely different than what I'm trying to say. So rather than respond with "What you're saying means this and makes you sound ridiculous", try "Hey, I didn't totally get what you were trying to say, could you say it in different words?"

I rarely ever blatantly attempt to speak negative about people and things, chances are when I say something, I'm trying to say something positive. If I'm not in a defensive mood of course.

Are you still on that?
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

I don't understand, you are saying we should try to ask you to reword what you were saying? Why didn't you do that just now? And besides, you did do that in the discussion. The discussion... where did that even take place? Did that happen here? :lol: Eh, well anyways, I didn't find Rin to say things she didn't mean. When she had trouble she either stated a vague metaphor or froze up and can't finish her sentences.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Denouement wrote:I don't understand, you are saying we should try to ask you to reword what you were saying? Why didn't you do that just now? And besides, you did do that in the discussion. The discussion... where did that even take place? Did that happen here? :lol: Eh, well anyways, I didn't find Rin to say things she didn't mean. When she had trouble she either stated a vague metaphor or froze up and can't finish her sentences.
It was last year. Way back. :lol: Hence my "Are you still on that?"...And yeah, Rin rarely says what she doesn't mean. People just don't get what she says on account of the odd metaphors and such.

Speaking of things Rin doesn't do much, too many people call her the "oddball" or "random" character...:lol: She's not really either of those.
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

I'm about to sum up the thread in few short words...Are you all ready? I know you are.

"Rin is Rin." ...Yep. =D
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Zailen wrote:I'm about to sum up the thread in few short words...Are you all ready? I know you are.

"Rin is Rin." ...Yep. =D

Welp. xD
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Well I've made it through Act 3, and I gotta say, apart from a couple of scenes, I'm really not feeling it with Rin yet. I guess I'm more an Emi/Hanako person with more readable emotions. But we'll see what happens as I come up on the ending. It'll probably help when I can come back and read this full thread.

I do care about her though, but if anything I found myself more moved by the brief scenes with Emi, watching her do her "hide behind cheerfulness" act.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Well I've made it through Act 3, and I gotta say, apart from a couple of scenes, I'm really not feeling it with Rin yet. I guess I'm more an Emi/Hanako person with more readable emotions. But we'll see what happens as I come up on the ending. It'll probably help when I can come back and read this full thread.

I do care about her though, but if anything I found myself more moved by the brief scenes with Emi, watching her do her "hide behind cheerfulness" act.
Act 4 awaits...
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Ack! I just got the neutral ending. Time to backtrack the outside the gallery and try the other route.

Sad, but not as heartbreaking as I expected. At least I understand her a little bit better now.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.