100 % completion!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Negi

100 % completion!

Post by Negi »

...And now what is left for me...

Existence is empty and shallow.

Oh well, guess I'll have to write more quest threads.
Attachments
100 complete.png
100 complete.png (372.02 KiB) Viewed 12248 times
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
-Carl Sagan
Sardaukar

Re: 100 % completion!

Post by Sardaukar »

Head->Pillow. That's what you get.
Lilly <3
:D

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Shizune, Rin

Current Path: Lilly, again.
Negi

Post by Negi »

True, I probably should, considering I've been awake since 11:31 AM EST 1/3/2012.

I think I'll give it another... 40 minutes. To make it somewhat even, although at 11:31 PM EST 1/4/2012 that'll be 36 hours, 24 of which was completely devoted to Katawa-Shoujo.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
-Carl Sagan
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

I envy you all, I have downloaded this at about 10 PM last night and only started playing this morning, I am still only half way through Act 1 of my first go
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

Am I the only one who gets super depressed when finishing an extremely good VN like Katawa Shoujo? I told myself that I would stop playing games like these, but KS is too much to resist.

Already 65% to completion!
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Good lord, man. I'm barely halfway through act 2 on my first play though. Were do you find the time? Did you even read the text, or just hit the skip button?
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

Snicket wrote:Good lord, man. I'm barely halfway through act 2 on my first play though. Were do you find the time? Did you even read the text, or just hit the skip button?
Probably did what many others did. Down some energy drinks and play 24-hours straight...
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

The slower you play the game, the longer it will last. You have to keep in mind that it's impossible to go back and read the VN with the same state of mind that you had when reading it for the first time. You can still enjoy it, of course, but you can never experience it in the same way ever again.

The only downside is that you can't read the forums. Spoilers everywhere! Although, I must say that the KS fandom is very diligent when it comes to using the spoiler tag.
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
fanboy4life

Post by fanboy4life »

I just got my 100% as well. Strangely, the last picture in my gallery is missing. I assumed this was the reward picture for having gotten 100%, but since it's still blank I think I must be mistaken.

Anyway, a great game. Some of the scenes were pretty tricky to get, but with a lot of perseverance(and heavy use of the skip function over dialogue I had already read), I managed to see it through.

I hope everyone else enjoyed Katawa Shoujo as much as me. It's a shame this will be the only release from 4LS but I have nothing but respect for the masterpiece the staff created through their joint efforts!

I laughed, I cried, I blinked in utter bewilderment! X3

The scene that really got to me was "Misstep"; it made me feel simply awful. To the extent that I wanted to go back and erase the save file...silly, perhaps, to not want to achieve a 100% complete in a game because you didn't want to get a bad ending for your favorite heroine, but that's the truth of it. The best of intentions don't always work out to be what is needed and this scene illustrates that masterfully.
Negi

Post by Negi »

I put in a full 24 hours to play and unlock everything. I saved at every decision point and it made going back and getting everything else much easier.

But I don't remember much of what happened. Mainly because I was almost awake for 2 days straight. I was reposting my old archives of threads when I finally felt my limbs just stop working and my vision go dark. Took some effort, but I managed to turn off the stream and appropriate lights and collapse into bed.
-Carl Sagan
knizz

Post by knizz »

KNIZZ' 100% GUIDE
HANAKO
First choice. Save. Choose one. Continue till Lilly invites you in the Scene "Rise and Shine".
(Optionally, you can keep playing till the end of "Mad Hatter" if you want to see a 10 lines of new dialog)
Reload and continue.
The next choice is irrelevant too, but admitting will give you 10 more lines later on.
The third choice decides which of the two bad ends you get (in case you do.)
Going to the city is required for the good end.
The fourth choice decides between good and bad end.

EMI
The first choice in "Famous Last Words" causes a small difference in the next scene: "Tracking Absences". You can choose either.
Second choice is the same but with "Definitions" and the following scene "Invisible Rock".
Third choice: "I suppose I can spare a few minutes." otherwise some scenes will be skipped
Fourth choice: "Sure, why not." otherwise some scenes will be skipped
Fifth choice. Save. "Go after her."
Sixth choice. Make a second savegame. Choose "Downplay the issue" to get bad end.
Finish the two savegames you have.

SHIZUNE
There is only one choice. Go both paths.

LILLY
"Tell the truth" - Choose any - Choose any - "Adress it" - Choose Any - "Mention the letter"

ACT1 and RIN
To be written.

NOTE
You can see the name of the current scene in the pause menu.
About KS on steam:
<Kota> THE BEST PART OF CRIPPLE GIRLS ISN'T FUCKING THEM
<Kota> IT'S SHOWING EVERYONE ONLINE I DID
Deltamon

Post by Deltamon »

Hehehe.. 1337 views when I clicked this.. Now I feel like a horrible person over a random number. Edit: Right after I closed this thread, Rin's thread had the same view count.. This number seems to follow me everywhere.. (I even woke up 13:37 couple days ago)

Anyways, I personally don't like the idea of 100% completion since for me the story is way more important in games like this.. And just to aim for the 100% completion, I'm getting the feeling that the OP skipped tons of content, which makes me kinda sad.

While I do want eventually want full gallery.. Once I get over the fact that I'm unable to play anyone else's path than Hanako's.. But I just don't like the idea that having game like this 100% completed would mean anything. I don't even like to think it as an accomplishment at all.. But I guess some people tend to get really get very competitive over some numbers in games that shouldn't even exist in the first place in my opinion.
Hanako = Shizune = Rin = Lilly = Emi
I just don't like categorizing people. Even if Hanako will always be the dearest for me, I still prefer if they all get equal share of love.
Eora

Post by Eora »

ARGH SHOOT

I have 99% done, and the ONE ONLY SCENE MISSING is one I can't remember how to get. Its in act 1, and I remember Hisao telling Misha to "Piss Off" just after he visited the nurse.

Please help?!?
"Enjoy life and... shut up."
- Said by me when I had friends at my place and we were eating meatballs.
pedrosorio

Post by pedrosorio »

Eora wrote:ARGH SHOOT

I have 99% done, and the ONE ONLY SCENE MISSING is one I can't remember how to get. Its in act 1, and I remember Hisao telling Misha to "Piss Off" just after he visited the nurse.

Please help?!?
Act1 Walkthrough
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

If you're talking about "Slow Recovery" you have to
a) Join the student council and
b) "Go for it" when running with Emi.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.