Discussion - Emi Route (*Spoilers* Warning)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Discussion - Emi Route (*Spoilers* Warning)

Post by Xanatos »

Reksho wrote:But how did this affect Emi? What changed her thinking process? How did this change Emi so that she became another Emi?
Aren't literally all of these questions answered in the route?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Yeah, specifically, i think they were addressed on Act 3 and 4, whenever Hisao's not being (understandably) bitter about the state of their relationship. There's even a conversation/scene with Emi's mother which entire point is discussing Emi's past, how that affected her and how she is now.* Although to be fair, it seems Reksho's dissastifaction with the ending was more in how all of that was presented than in the events/elements themselves.

*As an aside, i was always surprised that Emi's mother gave Hisao some really useful information/perspective in how to reach out to her daughter, then again i probably shouldn't be surprised since Hisao/someone reaching out to her would make Emi happier in the long run.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Dream wrote:Although to be fair, it seems Reksho's dissastifaction with the ending was more in how all of that was presented than in the events/elements themselves.
My point exactly.

I'm not saying those topics weren't discussed at all in the story, on the contrary, it was rather well done. But those points weren't explained in detail in the ending which the whole story was building up to: Emi opening up. All those points were covered in the story in all ways but in a direct encounter between Emi and Hisao. And when it was finally time for them to do just that, it wasn't as satisfactory as it could have been.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Reksho wrote:My point exactly.

I'm not saying those topics weren't discussed at all in the story, on the contrary, it was rather well done. But those points weren't explained in detail in the ending which the whole story was building up to: Emi opening up. All those points were covered in the story in all ways but in a direct encounter between Emi and Hisao. And when it was finally time for them to do just that, it wasn't as satisfactory as it could have been.
I see. Well, i think that while the points weren't developed or explained in complete detail (which could have gotten tiresome or overstay their welcome in my opinion) The very essence of it, the most vital aspects of the elements and themes regarding that were perfectly explained, and i think that leaving some of the details as an enigma works in favor of the story, giving to the tone of the story and the player a sense of how Hisao must feel, being pushed away from Emi because of her intimacy issues. On the underlined part, do you refer the good end/graveyard scene? Because like i said i thought the ending was perfect, working majorly on a emotional level.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Yeah, I thought the ending worked quite well personally. The only real problem I had was that the big reveal was obvious from early on in the route, but as others have noted the reveal is less about a big twist and more about Emi's willingness to trust Hisao. With that in mind I thought it was one of the better routes in the game.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Dream wrote:
Reksho wrote:And when it was finally time for them to do just that, it wasn't as satisfactory as it could have been.
On the underlined part, do you refer the good end/graveyard scene?
Yes, I am. I always think of the good endings as the canonical endings.
Though you could argue that it would make Hisao a supercheater.