Discussion - Emi Route (*Spoilers* Warning)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sephiru

Re: Discussion - Emi Route (*Spoilers* Warning)

Post by Sephiru »

I finished Emi's route first -- I'm going in alphabetical order (currently done Emi, Hanako, Lilly), but I honestly wanted to pursue her, liking her best. I'll make a firm decision once I've done each path, but her only contender for the title of my favorite is Shizune, whose path I have yet to experience. I couldn't stand Hanako. But Emi's route felt good. All the girls seem to have these drastic emotional issues, but Emi was really worth pursuing. I felt like the relationship meant something. Like we could help each other. Like there was a reason for it. I felt like Hanako and Lilly had less depth, honestly. I couldn't begin to like Hanako -- so difficult for so little emotional fulfillment. Lilly's path was very well written, but I couldn't really fall in love with her. Beautiful, kind, smart...but purposeful? That's not to say someone else couldn't really like Hanako or find purpose in either path, but so far, Emi's route is what I felt the most. Right now, she's my favorite girl. Five stars to her path -- it had not too little, it had not too much.
Scarface

Post by Scarface »

The Local Hentai wrote:My god...

I mentioned that to accentuate the fact that if Hisao MISSED the point of her father being dead then he's clearly an idiot (Which was my original point) or it's just bad writing. And little kids DO get into accidents on their own.
Except he didn't miss it, as I previously explained. Also, kids get into accidents on their own, but rarely are those car accidents.
The Local Hentai wrote:When did I ever mention about my interpretation of what he said?
Your entire posts are about your interpretation of things. Unless you wrote Emi's route and know for a fact how things are, you can only interpret and speculate.
The Local Hentai wrote:I just mentioned it because he DIDN'T know what to do with her AND why she was acting that way. If he knew that her father was dead and that's why she was so depressed about it, he would have kept that in mind when she told him that she needed distance and didn't need his help, circumventing a huge bout of emotional distress. But he didn't, so he had no idea for the reasoning behind her sudden change of attitude. There's just a complete moment of butthurt that he received when he shouldn't have, multiple times throughout the story until almost to the very end. WHICH HAS BEEN MY POINT ALL THIS TIME.
You're not even reading what I post, are you?
The Local Hentai wrote:So, how is confronting her with the knowledge of her father being dead worse than confronting her without the knowledge of him being dead? Because you said pushing the point is a bad idea.
Try to remember what happened just about every single time Hisao pushes that kind of stuff on Emi.
The Local Hentai wrote:And you haven't proven any facts to back up your claims either or prove that Hisao knew that her father died before the very end? I'm sorry but I just don't give a fuck enough about you to provide proof or to disprove you.
I have. If you don't want to accept it, that's fine. As for you proving anything... Well, you clearly can't, so yeah, perhaps it's better if you don't bother. Justify it however you want, even blaming me instead of your inability to back up your opinions with facts like I've done. That doesn't change reality.
The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

Scarface wrote:Except he didn't miss it, as I previously explained. Also, kids get into accidents on their own, but rarely are those car accidents.
I'm sorry but you didn't explain jack shit about Hisao knowing if he knew or didn't know her father was dead when all the clues should have clicked into place. And I know kids that are 14-16 who have gotten to accidents and know of situations where kids are left in the car with the keys in the ignition to get into an accident. It's rare sure, same with spontaneous combustion, but it happens.
Scarface wrote:Your entire posts are about your interpretation of things. Unless you wrote Emi's route and know for a fact how things are, you can only interpret and speculate.
So are you the one that wrote it? Because you can only interpret and speculate. Oh, see what I did there? You should be yelling at just about everyone in this thread for discussing (magic word here) what they thought about the arc.

And last time I checked, this was a discussion thread about Emi's route, not some emi fanboy's douchebag fantasy to prove people wrong with NO BACKING CLAIMS. Other people have already stated in previous posts that Hisao didn't figure out that her father was dead right away.
Scarface wrote:You're not even reading what I post, are you?
I'm reading it, but I can't believe how much circle logic bs is in your posts that has NOTHING to do with my original post. You're just nitpicking stuff to maybe stroke your ego, to turn you on, or to fap along? I have no fucking clue.
Scarface wrote:Try to remember what happened just about every single time Hisao pushes that kind of stuff on Emi.
Do you not have any real world relationship experience? Getting into an argument and pushing certain subject KNOWING something of the argument beforehand will always be more helpful than NOT knowing. And pushing about wanting to save someone because of an internal conflict is not the same as telling them you know what the internal conflict is.
Scarface wrote:I have.
No you haven't.
Scarface wrote:If you don't want to accept it, that's fine. As for you proving anything... Well, you clearly can't, so yeah, perhaps it's better if you don't bother. Justify it however you want, even blaming me instead of your inability to back up your opinions with facts like I've done. That doesn't change reality.
What have you proven correctly? That she's 19 and your very own ASSUMPTION that he has deduced it? Come on guy, stop trying so hard. I can stop here so you can get some sleep with your dakimakura or whatever else that's keeping you all worked up on an internet forum.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Hi guys!

Keep it civil or I'll ban you both and lock the topic, okay?

Okay.
Lunar Archivist

Post by Lunar Archivist »

The Local Hentai wrote:I'm sorry but you didn't explain jack shit about Hisao knowing if he knew or didn't know her father was dead when all the clues should have clicked into place.
Well, at one point, Hisao says he has his suspicions about what happened but doesn't want to jump to any conclusions (or words to that effect). So I'm guessing he's not so dense that light bends around him. It's blatantly obvious to the player that her father's dead pretty early on. That Emi's loss of legs and his death are connected is only established at the end of her path , though.
Bix

Post by Bix »

Doing Emi's (And Hanako's)route made me realize that I have a white knight complex. It took some time, but I have come to realize, is that what I was attracted to was not the feeling of helping out the damsel in distress, but the respect I have for someone going through so much and still strive to improve herself. I have always found scars attractive because not only do they tell a story, they are a symbol of repair. To me, a scar shows that you were hurt, but you pulled yourself back up.

Growing up my brother went to a school for the learning disabled (Which I attended through High School), but there students there who were simply suffering from other disabilities. Our tennis star had one arm, and while he got a lot of stares from the entering freshmen, he was just a regular person, in fact he was one of the nicest (though highly competitive) people I know. We also had students who were recovering from psychological disorders, and some with developmental disabilities like autism. I found these people who worked to live with disabilities to be outstandingly beautiful, and I made it my dream to become a teacher for that kind of school. KS has rekindled that dream, and the Emi path has given me further insight as to why I feel so strongly about it.
**Library 99% complete.**
1. Emi *Done*
2. Rin *Done*
3. Shizune *Done*
4. Hanako *Done*
5. Lilly *Done*
Jabberwock

Post by Jabberwock »

Lunar Archivist wrote:
The Local Hentai wrote:I'm sorry but you didn't explain jack shit about Hisao knowing if he knew or didn't know her father was dead when all the clues should have clicked into place.
Well, at one point, Hisao says he has his suspicions about what happened but doesn't want to jump to any conclusions (or words to that effect). So I'm guessing he's not so dense that light bends around him. It's blatantly obvious to the player that her father's dead pretty early on. That Emi's loss of legs and his death are connected is only established at the end of her path , though.
I think that scene is in Act IV.

I had jumped to the same conclusion as Hisao (as did 99% of the players, I'm sure), but like many others, I wanted to find a way to discuss it as soon as I had my suspicions. Ironically, though, Hisao's decision NOT to do just that was the more prudent choice and I feel like his imposed hesitation gave me a chance to sit back and see the story unravel more interestingly. It's funny that one of the most cited pieces of evidence that "Hisao is an idiot" on the Emi route is this notion that he doesn't "know" about Emi's father.

The fact of the matter: He doesn't.

In fact, if anyone comes out of Emi's route not having learned the dangers of premature confrontation, I suggest going back and rereading the story. Emi's route is all about giving a loved one the space they need and to be there when they need you to be. As Mutou says in his conversation to you about science, a scientist does not involve solving problems; your future involves observing the facts.
Bix

Post by Bix »

Im pretty sure Hisao knew about her father being dead, I just think he had yet to connect his death and the accident
Emi's mom did outright tell Hisao that the father was no longer in this world during the track-meet.
**Library 99% complete.**
1. Emi *Done*
2. Rin *Done*
3. Shizune *Done*
4. Hanako *Done*
5. Lilly *Done*
Jabberwock

Post by Jabberwock »

Bix wrote:Im pretty sure Hisao knew about her father being dead, I just think he had yet to connect his death and the accident
Emi's mom did outright tell Hisao that the father was no longer in this world during the track-meet.
Suspicions and knowledge are two very different things, though. Especially in regards to the emotional stability of a loved one.

Whenever Hisao asked, no one--not the Nurse or Emi's mother or Rin--ever used the word "died" or "death". They either tactfully avoided the question or, in Meiko's case, said that he was "lost". She never said "no longer in this world", did she? Maybe you're correct. But as far as I saw, she only ever hinted at the possibility that Emi's father was dead. It was for this reason that many players thought that the death route was "too obvious" and thought that maybe they had divorced or he became reclusive.

Post by Guest »

TheHivemind wrote:Hi guys!

Okay.
Don't worry, that won't be necessary. I'm out of this thread, I won't bother discussing anything with someone who doesn't even read what I post (something which will have the added benefit of avoiding any further derailment of the thread and not giving mods any extra work) and doesn't have the tiniest bit of respect towards others. Jabberwock and Lunar Archivist have already said more or less what I would have, either way, so it's fine. ;)

Sorry for any inconvenience I might have caused.
Lunar Archivist

Post by Lunar Archivist »

Jabberwock wrote:Whenever Hisao asked, no one--not the Nurse or Emi's mother or Rin--ever used the word "died" or "death". They either tactfully avoided the question or, in Meiko's case, said that he was "lost". She never said "no longer in this world", did she? Maybe you're correct. But as far as I saw, she only ever hinted at the possibility that Emi's father was dead. It was for this reason that many players thought that the death route was "too obvious" and thought that maybe they had divorced or he became reclusive.
I believe that Meiko's exact wording was that her father's "not around any more". The fact that she brought up the subject of Emi's visiting him this year in front of Hisao at one point was also an unusual phrasing when it comes to visiting a deceased relative's grave. I've heard it used before, but it still strikes me as odd.
Jabberwock

Post by Jabberwock »

Guest wrote:
TheHivemind wrote:Hi guys!

Okay.
Don't worry, that won't be necessary. I'm out of this thread, I won't bother discussing anything with someone who doesn't even read what I post (something which will have the added benefit of avoiding any further derailment of the thread and not giving mods any extra work) and doesn't have the tiniest bit of respect towards others. Jabberwock and Lunar Archivist have already said more or less what I would have, either way, so it's fine. ;)

Sorry for any inconvenience I might have caused.
Bah! While your good judgment to avoid one poster in a thread is commended, walking out of the thread b/c of one derailment is hardly necessary! Plus, you apologised already. Just don't do it again--your input in this thread has been helpful for others, I'm sure. After all, what would Emi's character think of such an action?

Unless, of course, that's not what you meant be "out of this thread". If so, I apologise for jumping to that conclusion.

HOWEVER!! If that's the case, I seriously implore you to choose your words better so that this kind of misunderstanding does not happen again. While we're at it, you should re--hm. Maybe I should stop channeling Shizune so much. :lol:

In any case, I just came back to refute something I said earlier:
Jabberwock wrote:Suspicions and knowledge are two very different things, though. Especially in regards to the emotional stability of a loved one.
When I wrote this, I was attempting to defend Hisao's judgment not to act in regard to Emi b/c he had insufficient information. And while this is an adequate defence, it hardly explains everything. After all, what if Hisao knew for certain that Emi's father was dead?

Well, it still would not be right to confront her with it until she was ready. The reason for this is simple: Emi has not yet told Hisao about it. And while this rule is not absolute, waiting for someone to disclose personal information as opposed to forcefully prying it out of them is just a practice of common courtesy.

After all, as a late friend once said, "One does not simply walk into a woman's heart."
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Hivemind wrote:Emi swore like a fucking pirate in some drafts.
Pun intentional?
Raiel

Post by Raiel »

After completing Lilly's Route first and Rin's Route a couple of days ago, I started with Emi this weekend.

Maybe it was because of Rin, that I didn't quite enjoy Emi's Route. Shure Rin's was confusing and difficult at times (it didn't help that Hisao was an idiot at times XD), and I always feared the bad end around the corner, but that was very exciting.
Emi's Path lacked that excitement. Maybe it's just me, but everything didn't feel as dramatic as the other routes I finished before (or the other Routes are maybe just that much different in how they play out. Shure she has it tough, with her leg problems and her father... but which child at that school doesn't have it tough? It was mentioned that some wont even live as long to finish Univesity. Her route just lacked something to get me into it Though Rin's dynamic entry to look out of the window was awesome XD""""...

It also didn't help that Emi was so quick to "jump the gun". It was just mentioned by Hisao the day after, that they took it further that evening, at just one day later they take it even further. Maybe it's also because at the beginning it felt just like a regalur "high school/college romance" (which means no romances at all and over as quick as it started). Or it could also be because of Emi's character... what she appeared as in the 1st act and and developed into later isn't just my favorite type of character (But I have to give credits to the writers and the staff. Because characters I tend to hate are usually, very well written because they manage to get me so riled up, even though they are just fictional characters XD).

Maybe I'll redo her route at a later point in time with some slight differences (I've finished it with talking to Misha at the end)when I'm not as busy. Or maybe use a walkthrough to get all the other scenes I missed. But now is Shizune's turn
Lilly (Good End on 1st try), Rin (Good End on 1st try), Emi (Bad End on 1st try), Shizune ("Bad" End on 1st try), Hanako Arch (Good End on 1st try)
Favorite Char: 1.Rin 2.Misha 3.Kenji
Favorite Couple: Lilly x Hisao, Hisao x Misha x Shizune
Special Mention: Jigoro (for being awesome), Yandere Hanako (USO DA!), Emi's mom (for being MILFy)
Least Favorite Char: Emi (by far)
Koopason

Post by Koopason »

I just completed Emi's route (both good and bad) this morning.

I really enjoyed it, the whole thing was written extremely well, and I like how Emi was made out to be. At the begging of it, I originally thought that the main issue in her route would somehow be here not being able to run anymore, and her going through a big depression over it, I'm pretty happy that I was wrong. I didn't like the H-scene's at first, but I seem to have started to see the beauty of the whole thing was that due to the whole incident with her father, she was afraid to emotionally show how much she cared about Hisao, so she relied on sex as a way she believed shown that she did care.

The whole route was portrayed pretty realistically, as I do know people who act like Emi. While I'm not going to say Hisao did some pretty stupid things in the route, I do believe he actually figured out that Emi's dad died in the accident that took her legs. I think he was just to afraid to ask Emi about it, because he felt like it would just make things more complicated between them.

It was my favorite route, and will probably be the first route that I'll always come back to.