Discussion - Emi Route (*Spoilers* Warning)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Quitch

Re: Discussion - Emi Route (*Spoilers* Warning)

Post by Quitch »

You do exercise in the other routes, I recall in a couple of them it mentions you taking walks in the evening, etc.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, I don't know about you, but I don't usually break a sweat during evening walks.
I wouldn't count them as "excercise" either.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, I don't know about you, but I don't usually break a sweat during evening walks.
I wouldn't count them as "excercise" either.
Depends on the walk and the person.

A brisk walk will absolutely make almost anyone sweat. And by brisk, I mean "just short of breaking into a run". If all you are doing is moseying along, then no. It's unlikely you will sweat.
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
gecko

Post by gecko »

Dullfinn, I used the term 'race Emi' for a good reason: just choosing to exercise isn't going to put you on Emi's route.
To do it, you need to RACE Emi: i.e. try to outrun the school's track team star while just recovering from hospitalisation and with a heart condition. This CANNOT be good for health!
99% completion.
Mind-worm meter: Rin>>Emi>Lily>Hanako>>Shizune
Fanfic: The lamb and the fox
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Just finished Emi's route. Honestly, I enjoyed it all the way through act 3. But when act 4 went by - the big conclusion and explanation about why Emi is how she is - I was a bit disappointed. It's not that I expected a huge emotional rollercoaster of an ending about her father and the accident, but really, this ending was a bit lackluster. I think it's because there were glimpses of Emi having trouble with her past and not wanting to let us know throughout the whole story. So when it was finally time to show us, there was this expectation to have a big round-up of everything. But it wasn't. It was wrapped up rather quickly and quietly.

Still, I think the ending is good (all three of them). The story just put me on the wrong foot with all the foreshadowing and glimpses of her past and finally not fully delivering that in the end. I can understand that the simple nature of the ending has a charm of its own though.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Reksho wrote:Still, I think the ending is good (all three of them).
There are only two endings for Emi. :wink:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Well, there are 2 major ways to get to the good ending. After replaying both, I think that they really are like seperate endings to me. I treat the whole as 1 bad ending and 2 good endings.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

ravenlord wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
Well, there are 2 major ways to get to the good ending. After replaying both, I think that they really are like seperate endings to me. I treat the whole as 1 bad ending and 2 good endings.
Well, I've only had two endings with her and have 100% complete. :?
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

OtakuNinja wrote:Well, I've only had two endings with her and have 100% complete. :?
That's odd -- you should be missing "Instant Replay" in act three. The only way to get that is through the alternate good ending. It is a brutal path to follow and hard to navigate through. Most people either get the first good ending or go to the bad ending. I lucked out and got it the first time. I think it is much more satisfying than the normal good ending route.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

ravenlord wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
Strictly speaking, there are indeed only two endings (the good and bad one). But - as you said - there are two distinct ways to get to the good ending that they feel a whole lot different from each other. Sure, the ending scene will be the same, but it's a different experience overall.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

ravenlord wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Well, I've only had two endings with her and have 100% complete. :?
That's odd -- you should be missing "Instant Replay" in act three. The only way to get that is through the alternate good ending. It is a brutal path to follow and hard to navigate through. Most people either get the first good ending or go to the bad ending. I lucked out and got it the first time. I think it is much more satisfying than the normal good ending route.
I think I got the bad one first, and then the good one, via Misha. :)
I still have 100% but maybe it's the same as in Lilly's bad end? You know, where the chapters are covered in the good end, so the bad end doesn't have its one chapter? :P
Dawnstorm

Post by Dawnstorm »

OtakuNinja wrote:I still have 100% but maybe it's the same as in Lilly's bad end? You know, where the chapters are covered in the good end, so the bad end doesn't have its one chapter? :P
I'm not sure how they count the percentage, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to see all the text. It's possible to have 100 %, and still have unseen content.

In Emi's route, I think you've seen all scenes, but some ended prematurely (most likely due to your decision when talking to Mutou). There's still text you haven't read, despite the 100 %. (I know because I got Misha-saved, too, on my first time round, and then went back to re-do the route, and saw what I missed.)
Quitch

Post by Quitch »

If you leave Emi alone when you leaves the table then the good route goes via an admission by her on the roof of the school. If you pursue her from the table then the good route goes via you chasing her on the track.

Much as I enjoyed the roof scene, the track route makes for a more exciting finish.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Reksho wrote:Just finished Emi's route. Honestly, I enjoyed it all the way through act 3. But when act 4 went by - the big conclusion and explanation about why Emi is how she is - I was a bit disappointed. It's not that I expected a huge emotional rollercoaster of an ending about her father and the accident, but really, this ending was a bit lackluster. I think it's because there were glimpses of Emi having trouble with her past and not wanting to let us know throughout the whole story. So when it was finally time to show us, there was this expectation to have a big round-up of everything. But it wasn't. It was wrapped up rather quickly and quietly.

Still, I think the ending is good (all three of them). The story just put me on the wrong foot with all the foreshadowing and glimpses of her past and finally not fully delivering that in the end. I can understand that the simple nature of the ending has a charm of its own though.
I always had the impression that by that point both the player and Hisao already know everything anyway, even if no one explicitly told Hisao Emi's father is dead, it wouldn't take long for him to connect the subtle dots. The climax and, to a lesser extent, the essence of the story were about Emi trusting you with such an intimate event rather than the event itself, so i felt it was a very satisfactory ending, and then more, i think almost perfect. Then again i would probably think differently if i cared much for that event from her past.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Dream wrote:
Reksho wrote:Just finished Emi's route. Honestly, I enjoyed it all the way through act 3. But when act 4 went by - the big conclusion and explanation about why Emi is how she is - I was a bit disappointed. It's not that I expected a huge emotional rollercoaster of an ending about her father and the accident, but really, this ending was a bit lackluster. I think it's because there were glimpses of Emi having trouble with her past and not wanting to let us know throughout the whole story. So when it was finally time to show us, there was this expectation to have a big round-up of everything. But it wasn't. It was wrapped up rather quickly and quietly.

I always had the impression that by that point both the player and Hisao already know everything anyway, even if no one explicitly told Hisao Emi's father is dead, it wouldn't take long for him to connect the subtle dots. The climax and, to a lesser extent, the essence of the story were about Emi trusting you with such an intimate event rather than the event itself, so i felt it was a very satisfactory ending, and then more, i think almost perfect. Then again i would probably think differently if i cared much for that event from her past.
It isn't really the information itself about the death of Emi's father that's important. It's more about the presentation of the end. It was indeed pretty obvious that her father is dead and with a little thinking it through, you could even deduct that he probably was involved in an accident. But how did this affect Emi? What changed her thinking process? How did this change Emi so that she became another Emi? I found that these subjects weren't addressed enough (or obvious enough) in the ending so that I could be satisfied for reasons stated above.

Good writers can make a seemingly generic story quite appealing to read, while bad writers can make a fantastic scenario suck by presenting it in the wrong way. I am not trying to say that Emi's story was badly written, only trying to make a point about how it could be better. Still, I totally understand why you find the ending satisfactory and I am not trying to reduce your satisfaction.