metalangel

Re: Shizune's path

Post by metalangel »

V-card = virginity.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Dullfinn wrote:
metalangel wrote:A lot of people here are fairly young (many v-card carrying) and have never been in that situation.
I don't know what a "v-card" is, and this is a bit off-topic, but are there any polls or statistics about this subject? And/or how old the devs (mainly the writers) are?
There was a poll about the average age of KS players.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5459
Dullfinn

Post by Dullfinn »

metalangel wrote:V-card = virginity.
Ah, okay, it was slang. Wasn't familiar with it. I prefer "forever alone". ;)
ShadeHaven wrote: There was a poll about the average age of KS players.
Thanks! Seems like I'm in the minority, being 30. But how old are the devs? Haven't read "the ASK! thread" in fear of spoilers.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Dullfinn wrote:
metalangel wrote:V-card = virginity.
Ah, okay, it was slang. Wasn't familiar with it. I prefer "forever alone". ;)
Me too, but in this case I mean genuinely too young for it to have happened yet. Not everyone loses it in high school.
yummines

Post by yummines »

metalangel wrote:
What, apart from her dad taking the audist view that she's somehow 'broken' and needs to be made as hearing as possible with speech therapists and god knows what else? You've seen what he's like, he would firstly have not given her any input on this, and secondly remind her how disappointed he was that his daughter ain't right. She's had 18 years of this, and Hisao enduring Jigoro without giving up or losing his temper tells Shizune she's found The One.

There's a lot of Shizune threads giving more detail if you want it.
yea ill probably check one out. I remember someone defended Jigoro somewhere, im not sure where you may read it.

I dont even like Jigoro as a person, but i like him as a character. He has a stubborn daughter who refuses to speak with him, a apathetic son who looks like a girl, who knows what happened to his wife, and he feels so self-righteous and self-justified hes writing an auto-biography
Maybe i just like Misha more than Shizune. Oh lawd do i like yuri h-manga hahaha
nemz

Post by nemz »

Jigoro sort of reminds me of a grown-up Tatewaki Kuno. Perhaps her mom was a pseudo-Nabiki? That would explain quite a lot, honestly.

As comedy her family is a good thing, but it does make her route harder to take seriously and throws the whole tone of the story into disarray. I feel like this middle section really missed the mark and drags the rest of the route down a notch. Shizune herself actually gains in my book from this though, simply for having survived this childhood.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

yummines wrote: yea ill probably check one out. I remember someone defended Jigoro somewhere, im not sure where you may read it.

I dont even like Jigoro as a person, but i like him as a character. He has a stubborn daughter who refuses to speak with him, a apathetic son who looks like a girl, who knows what happened to his wife, and he feels so self-righteous and self-justified hes writing an auto-biography
Maybe i just like Misha more than Shizune. Oh lawd do i like yuri h-manga hahaha
*coughcough*

8) Mentlegen...
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Some days I wonder if the order in which you play the game has any bearing on what Shizune and her path represent to you.

It seems to me that the vast majority of people who didn't 'get' or like Shizune are also Hanako or Lilly waifufags who dislike Shizune's behaviour in other girls' paths. They also generally display a marked inclination towards passivity in their partner.
yummines

Post by yummines »

Megumeru wrote:
yummines wrote: yea ill probably check one out. I remember someone defended Jigoro somewhere, im not sure where you may read it.

*coughcough*

8) Mentlegen...
Dullfinn

Post by Dullfinn »

Synthus wrote:Some days I wonder if the order in which you play the game has any bearing on what Shizune and her path represent to you.
I think this is a given. Especially among those who don't just rush through all the stories. Still, the biggest factor HAS to be the way Shizune's path is written. How come no-one apparently said to the writer that "hey, this is really getting out of hand", that is, the story needs more structure and focus? Even the proof-readers seem to have lost hope in it, because there's so many typos and oddities. (Like, look at this picture - shouldn't it read decided and not "refused"?)
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Dullfinn wrote:
Synthus wrote:Some days I wonder if the order in which you play the game has any bearing on what Shizune and her path represent to you.
I think this is a given. Especially among those who don't just rush through all the stories. Still, the biggest factor HAS to be the way Shizune's path is written. How come no-one apparently said to the writer that "hey, this is really getting out of hand", that is, the story needs more structure and focus? Even the proof-readers seem to have lost hope in it, because there's so many typos and oddities. (Like, look at this picture - shouldn't it read decided and not "refused"?)
No. Hisao is mystified as to why he tried to get away from them in the first place, since being with the Student Council really hasn't been that terrible.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Dullfinn

Post by Dullfinn »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:Hisao is mystified as to why he tried to get away from them in the first place, since being with the Student Council really hasn't been that terrible.
Hmm, I suppose you are right - although I really can't get into Hisao's mindset there... If there was a choice, would Hisao also - on Emi's path - wonder why he ever was reluctant about taking up exercise, when Nurse suggested it? Heh.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Megumeru wrote:

*coughcough*

8) Mentlegen...
i lol'd
Not Me

Post by Not Me »

It seems to me that the vast majority of people who didn't 'get' or like Shizune are also Hanako or Lilly waifufags who dislike Shizune's behaviour in other girls' paths. They also generally display a marked inclination towards passivity in their partner.
I got Shizune, I just didn't like her and it was mostly for reasons in her own path, not others. She came across as more likeable when she wasn't around to constantly play head gmes with you every single moment of the day. There's a difference between being not being passive and being absolultey controlling and dominating. Personally, i actually like to have some choices and input about what's going on in my life. Shizune just doesn't seem to want to allow that. Emi wasn't passive at all and I liked her a hell of a lot more than Shizune.
Kalixz

Post by Kalixz »

I stick with Misha and Shizune in hope of a Misha path so I can embrace myself in utter happiness in all of the "WAHAHA" that she does... I WAS WRONG! The lack of a Misha Path really killed it for me and makes me wish for a patch or... something to happen to make it possible for a Misha path as Misha is the only character that feels like she needs a path. But even with enough requests Aura said that 4LS will probably not make any patches that alter the story or even make a KS2 under the excuse of "There is no more to write about" (or something along those lines) which feels a little weak to me but whatever, its their project. The story is decent under the Shizune path, but it doesn't give you, the reader any choice in who you would rather be with out of the two them which just makes the Shizune path feel rushed or a cliché personality twister in a character done in so many other romances in books and in the media.