Shizune's path

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

metalangel

Re: Shizune's path

Post by metalangel »

There wouldn't be a Misha path, Misha isn't interested in Hisao.
Dullfinn

Post by Dullfinn »

metalangel wrote:Misha isn't interested in Hisao.
Yeah, she only cares for his feelings and wellbeing in several routes, and also has sex with him... So~~~! Definitely uninterested! Unlike cold and bitchy Shitchan~~! Wahahaa~!
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

You know I've been thinking in awhile (aside from plot ideas and what-not)

The Devs said there will be no KS2. Some fans in the forum were making an 'epilogue' ending for some of the girls...

...so wouldn't that spell "FANDISK" more than a sequel?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Not Me wrote:
Synthus wrote:Some days I wonder if the order in which you play the game has any bearing on what Shizune and her path represent to you.

It seems to me that the vast majority of people who didn't 'get' or like Shizune are also Hanako or Lilly waifufags who dislike Shizune's behaviour in other girls' paths. They also generally display a marked inclination towards passivity in their partner.
I got Shizune, I just didn't like her and it was mostly for reasons in her own path, not others. She came across as more likeable when she wasn't around to constantly play head gmes with you every single moment of the day. There's a difference between being not being passive and being absolultey controlling and dominating. Personally, i actually like to have some choices and input about what's going on in my life. Shizune just doesn't seem to want to allow that. Emi wasn't passive at all and I liked her a hell of a lot more than Shizune.
The two really aren't that different. They both like to get cutesy with their double standards. Both of them can be really competitive when they want to be. Both of them are aggressive as hell, and Hisao basically has to fight to get his way with either. The only significant difference between them that I ever noted was that Shizune is more calculating and ambitious than Emi, which I've personally interpreted as a difference between a person that functions rationally and a person who functions intuitively.

It just sounds like you find Emi less threatening for some reason?
Kalixz wrote:I stick with Misha and Shizune in hope of a Misha path so I can embrace myself in utter happiness in all of the "WAHAHA" that she does... I WAS WRONG! The lack of a Misha Path really killed it for me and makes me wish for a patch or... something to happen to make it possible for a Misha path as Misha is the only character that feels like she needs a path. But even with enough requests Aura said that 4LS will probably not make any patches that alter the story or even make a KS2 under the excuse of "There is no more to write about" (or something along those lines) which feels a little weak to me but whatever, its their project. The story is decent under the Shizune path, but it doesn't give you, the reader any choice in who you would rather be with out of the two them which just makes the Shizune path feel rushed or a cliché personality twister in a character done in so many other romances in books and in the media.
Because Hanako path should have given you the option to get with Miki.
Dullfinn wrote:
Yeah, she only cares for his feelings and wellbeing in several routes, and also has sex with him... So~~~! Definitely uninterested! Unlike cold and bitchy Shitchan~~! Wahahaa~!
You're trolling, right? You can read their scene together and figure out that she was throwing herself at him out of desperation, right?
Megumeru wrote:You know I've been thinking in awhile (aside from plot ideas and what-not)

The Devs said there will be no KS2. Some fans in the forum were making an 'epilogue' ending for some of the girls...

...so wouldn't that spell "FANDISK" more than a sequel?
Everyone wants different things from all of these girls. We can't even agree on who they really are! As much as we would like to prolong the magic, a sequel to KS would make no one happy. An epilogue for something like this should be a thing that is personal to you and shared with others. Thus; fanfic!
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Dullfinn

Post by Dullfinn »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:You're trolling, right? You can read their scene together and figure out that she was throwing herself at him out of desperation, right?
Trolling? Only partly, if at all. I'm still on the fence about the sex-scene, however she IS interested in Hisao, giving him advise and generally being empathetic. I find it very odd that Hisao would rather be "in a relationship" with Shizune - with zero chemistry - than (say) "just friends" with Misha, which (I think) they end up as after "comforting" each other.
Favourite girls: Misha > Emi > Yuuko > Akira > Rin > Shizune > Hanako > Lilly
Favourite boys: Kenji > Nurse > Mutou > Nomiya > Hisao > Hideaki > Jigoro
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Dullfinn wrote: Trolling? Only partly, if at all. I'm still on the fence about the sex-scene, however she IS interested in Hisao, giving him advise and generally being empathetic. I find it very odd that Hisao would rather be "in a relationship" with Shizune - with zero chemistry - than (say) "just friends" with Misha, which (I think) they end up as after "comforting" each other.
Might I recommend rereading her route one more time with a lot more care?

That scene is not about interest or love. It's depression, and if you follow the previous leads she's pretty much--quoting from WorldlyWiseman--throwing herself away in desperation. One reason she's giving Hisao advise and generally being empathetic towards him is how she knows that Shizune has interest over the protagonist in the first place and are basically playing the cupid for the two of them to pair up--this is an action she'll end up regretting later.

Zero chemistry? I'll say again, reread her route with extra attention--twice to that of Rin's. There's a certain unique chemistry between those two that makes their relationship far stronger than physical actions or attractions. It's how they bonded mentally as well through banters, arguments, etc.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Dullfinn

Post by Dullfinn »

Megumeru wrote:Might I recommend rereading her route one more time with a lot more care?
That's probably not going to happen, especially because it would be so time consuming, and - in the end - meaningless, for me. While I admit my "playstyle" (that is, reading while being pretty blasted ;) does tend to make me miss some details, it doesn't really matter, because I'm not here trying to convince anyone about anything. However, I do feel they might've had something going on, so it's not totally out of the question to claim she is/was interested in Hisao.
One reason she's giving Hisao advise and generally being empathetic towards him is how she knows that Shizune has interest over the protagonist in the first place and are basically playing the cupid for the two of them to pair up--this is an action she'll end up regretting later.
To confirm that is actually the only reason why I might re-read Shizune's route, because I totally didn't catch any cupid-playing there. Some say she left the festival early as to give Shizune and Hisao some together time, but then again, later Shizune says that Misha ALWAYS goes to bed early?
There's a certain unique chemistry between those two that makes their relationship far stronger than physical actions or attractions. It's how they bonded mentally as well through banters, arguments, etc.
I don't want to argue about it, so I'll just say that perhaps my own ideals about what make a working relationship are so totally different, that I just can't buy theirs.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Dullfinn wrote: To confirm that is actually the only reason why I might re-read Shizune's route, because I totally didn't catch any cupid-playing there. Some say she left the festival early as to give Shizune and Hisao some together time, but then again, later Shizune says that Misha ALWAYS goes to bed early?
The most direct example is in "Talk to the Hand." Misha straight up tells Hisao that Shizune finds him 'interesting', and makes sure to slip that term in a few more times during the conversation. It's not as much, but telling a guy that a chick is into him can only have a few possible effects.

I think Misha just likes being helpful, consequences be damned.
Dullfinn wrote:
There's a certain unique chemistry between those two that makes their relationship far stronger than physical actions or attractions. It's how they bonded mentally as well through banters, arguments, etc.
I don't want to argue about it, so I'll just say that perhaps my own ideals about what make a working relationship are so totally different, that I just can't buy theirs.
That's cool, I kind of overreacted to your apparent tone anyway. Some relationships function through pragmatism and active support rather than just displays of emotion, and I think Hisao/Shizune are this kind. They live their own lives and come to one another when they need support. Like tigers. Or something.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Dullfinn wrote:
Just to add to what others have said, I meant romantically interested. You can show concern from someone's feelings and wellbeing without wanting to fuck them.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Not according to whoever wrote Shizune's path.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Not according to whoever wrote Shizune's path.
Do tell.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

The thing with Misha, where comfort = sex.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:The thing with Misha, where comfort = sex.
one does not simply comfort Misha
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:The thing with Misha, where comfort = sex.
Context, my man.
nemz

Post by nemz »

The wording is only deceptive if you're not paying any attention at all. Seriously, if you thought "comfort her" wasn't going to lead to sweaty nakedness then you're either not reading or even more dense than Hisao.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly