Shizune's path

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

sporkaganza

Re: Shizune's path

Post by sporkaganza »

t3hj0j0 wrote:The only reason Shizune learns is because Misha tells her. Hisao wants to be certain that he can do what he wants to do at his best before he does it (in regards to dealing with Shizune and a future life), so it makes sense that there isn't an immediate end, since none of the acts have any kind of "5/10/20/4287 years later" (I'm pretty sure that Shizune's !!ALMOST AN ALL ROUTE SPOILER BUT NOT REALLY!!goes the farthest in time actually).
I haven't finished every route yet (still working on Emi, saving Rin for last), but I'm pretty sure Lilly's actually ends even farther in time than Shizune - the post-credits scene pushes it over the edge.
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Having finally finished Shizune's path. I have to say that I enjoyed it very much. I honestly feel that there is a bit of romance in their, though it is a bit subtle and low key. And I love the insight into the charecters. I am still tearing up over seeing the Good Ending. With our Trio preparing to go their seprate way while still remaing freinds, and everyone finally knowing what they want to do with their lives

It's open ended, and bittersweet. And I am alredy toying with fanfic ideas.

One down, four to go I guess, though might take a while
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Can anyone give me a bit of a walkthrough how to get the misha sex scene, Im interested in it.
"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"I'll tutor you." - Misha
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
Rivinhal

Post by Rivinhal »

Xevo wrote:Can anyone give me a bit of a walkthrough how to get the misha sex scene, Im interested in it.
when she asks you to comfort her, you "comfort" her...
XanatosPlannedThis86

Post by XanatosPlannedThis86 »

I'll agree with others that this is the weakest route out of all of them. But in a way it is refreshing. After playing the more emotionally charged paths of the other routes. Shizune's path came is more of a needed breather. Sure there is the conflict between Misha's feelings for Shizune and Shizune's urge to remain in complete control but overall it came off as more lighter then most.

That being said there are things that I really felt the developers or writers of the scenario could have expanded more on. Some of this has been mentioned before by other posters but I'll get some of the thoughts cleared away.

1.Shizune's relationship with her overall family. There was a ton of things they could have done with Jigoro's relationship with his daughter. I would have liked to have seen Jigoro eventually take sigh lessons along with his son. Hisao could be used as a means to establish more communication with his own flesh and blood.

2.The Story behind Lily and Shizune's little feud. I know they kind of explained it with Shizune trying to push the student council to do more, but it came off as hollow in this route. They kind of resolved it in Lily's route, but it still kind of left me wanting more.

3. I'm kinda of surprised that they didn't explore Shizune's thoughts on Hisao's heart condition. They did briefly when she bumped into his chest but after that was done. Also, the Iwankano letter. I know this was basically a break up letter to Hisao, but I was under the impression that the letter would have been read by Shizune. I was expecting an argument of sorts when Shizune kept knocking on his door in the one scene.

4.I would have liked to have seen Shizune develop closer bonds with some of the other Heroines. She's the student council president! She's communicated at least with all the other girls. I felt that as Shizune was slowly easing up on her more controlling or domineering nature she might develop more close personal friendships with the other mains. Case in point, Hanako! I would have loved to have seen the two bond over more and play chess. It would be interesting to see Hanako open up to her and play regular games. I know they covered her opening up to people in Lily's and her own route but I felt that in this route it could have been used more. Heck Hanako could serve as the girl to bridge the gap between the two cousins.

But, you know what for what it's worth the route was fun. Maybe in the future the developers will get together again for a reunion special and do something akin to an After Story Expansion of sorts. Where we find all of these wonderful things as well as cover the whereabouts of the other main girls and what their futures have become. That expansion would be fully voiced and include even longer animated opening scenes maybe even a nice little J-pop intro *hint *hint *wink *wink (Half Joking. Sorry. After finishing all the girls routes, I kinda of want more.)

Joking aside. It was a nice route. Just needed a bit more work was all.
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

You can perhaps say that Shizune' route follows greatest the path of normality.

I haven't went through Shizune's bad end, in fact the only path I've went through is her good route (I so horribly regret not bringing my laptop along to my vacation, this netbook my sister got for free is total shit), but her story feels unique in that her positive and driven attitude to do things naturally... does not result in much conflict. I'd imagine that having such a dad would contribute to her tough personality.

Beyond that, it was a route that really felt like life. The time skip feels unnatural, but nothing too out of ordinary. Although I do agree that her family could use some development; there were times that that made me wondered why they're even there in the first place.

Too many Kenji scenes as well.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

HeMeido wrote:Lots of interesting stuff about Shizune
You know, I never thought about her that way. It's something I'll have to look for when I reread her path.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Hanako-San

Post by Hanako-San »

Xuan wrote:Too many Kenji scenes as well.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Evvinartopski

Post by Evvinartopski »

I loved this route. Not for its loveliness, or how hot the 'special' scenes are, but for the amount of awesome scenes it contains. This path comes closest to the themes set by Katawa Broujo. The insane ramblings of Jigoro... the closeness to Kenji... I literally burst into laughter and brofisted the screen when he took off his glasses. Besides, it was nice to see even Kenji was given farewells when graduation was near. No homo.

Also, no offense meant to what the route was meant to be. I know my interpretation wasn't exactly the intended one for playing through this path...
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Hanako-San wrote:
Xuan wrote:Too many Kenji scenes as well.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
I feel like Shizune's path had some of the best Kenji material, actually. (I still haven't played Rin's, though.)
Dr_Smurph

Post by Dr_Smurph »

I think her good ending was perfectly fine. It never implies that they plan to split up. It actually shows there relationship is going strong. You never know what will happen in the future and I think all of them acknowledge that. At least for me I can't help but imagine they continue on together.
VanselowAptus

Post by VanselowAptus »

@Ultrarare - I had the same issue.I kept thinking her dad would somehow be involved, but I rather think his bossy attitude and demeanor was what really rubbed off on her.

Shizune was the obvious choice for my first play through (my personal preference). Though I agree that there should of been more romantic scenes between them, overall I felt happy with the results.

I can hardly bring myself to betray Shizune for the Bad ending. I just feel so bad every time I make the choice. Maybe ill come back to that later.

Devs, thank you. I can't speak for the other girls yet, but your approach to this game was both tasteful and emotionally heavy. I love it.
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

Concerning Jigoro and Hideaki not knowing sign, and stuff like that, that didn't bother me as much. I remember this thread pretty well: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1446 , and the OP seemed to say that only one person really learns sign language in the entire family. And deaf people tend to live apart from their families because of deaf schools. I managed to keep that in mind while reading.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

I love shizune's dad so much xD
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
CowPrint

Post by CowPrint »

I still really like Shizune, and her path.
Ya'll be hatin'!
No, I'm not black.