How is this not H-scene material?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
OmnisBeta
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:26 pm

How is this not H-scene material?

Post by OmnisBeta » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:34 pm

So, downloaded KS last night. Played it for three hours solid and was greatly enjoying the game. Fantastic on all counts, the writing, music, characters, it all drew me in. Then...I got to Act 3 and the H-filter failed to censor Emi's nude waist-up cutout; despite censoring Kenji's southern regions just two acts earlier. Sadly I had to close the game and probably won't pick it up unless there is ever a content update giving her similar censorship.

So rather than demand a change of the game I'd rather just have the title question answered, that would be enough to sate my curiosity. I haven't really delved into H-material at all, having a massive aversion to anything close to is since I was born with HSDD. Ergo I know very little about standards, definitions, ect. So to simply cut to the point: How is a girl's completely exposed top section non-H material?

That's all I'd like to know. ^_^ Congrats on releasing your game 4ls and hope it continues to do well, without the whole site breaking part of the popularity rush. :lol:
Last edited by OmnisBeta on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5979
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: How is this not H-scene material?

Post by Mirage_GSM » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:46 pm

First of all, none of the girls are underage, and Emi is in fact one year older than the rest of them.
Secondly, you see tons of topless girls in early evening soap ads on state TV(*), so why should that be considered H-material?


*Probably not in Saudi Arabia and other islamic countries - I don't know about the US^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

Kisho
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: How is this not H-scene material?

Post by Kisho » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Haven't gone down the Emi path yet so I don't know myself: when you say topless, do you mean COMPLETELY topless, or does she still have a bra on?

If the former, then yeah, I can see your point. If the latter, then we see that sort of thing on a daily basis. Just watch commercials for any sort of cosmetic product.

I suppose it also depends on what angle we're viewing her. If we're looking at her back, then again, that's on TV on a daily basis.

What I'm saying is this: if it's full frontal, can see nipples and everything, then yes it should probably be censored. If anything else, you see it on TV all the time, so w/e.

OmnisBeta
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Re: How is this not H-scene material?

Post by OmnisBeta » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:55 pm

@Mirage: Ah, whoops. Sorry. :oops: I'm used to associated High School with below 17. I forgot they were all seniors. >///<; And I wouldn't know about the commercials. I haven't watched TV in years, literally. XD

@Kisho: Completely topless, full frontal. Happened right after 'censor hampster', or whatever that thing was, blocked what I assume was the sex scene.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You
Posts: 2522
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Imola, Italy

Re: How is this not H-scene material?

Post by Silentcook » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:56 pm

From the game FAQ:
Q: Are there sex/H-scenes in the game?
A: Yes. There is a toggleable option in the configuration menu of the game to skip sex scenes. We will not be releasing an all-ages version.
The filter skips sex scenes. Non-sexual nudity isn't removed.

I'm sorry to hear this isn't working out for you, but between the FAQs on the forum, the 18+ warning on our download pages, and KS being unrated, I'd say you were fairly warned.
Shattering your dreams since '94.

Image

Hanako-San

Re: How is this not H-scene material?

Post by Hanako-San » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:57 pm

I don't see what's the problem, her breasts are non-existent anyway.

OmnisBeta
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Re: How is this not H-scene material?

Post by OmnisBeta » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Silentcook wrote:From the game FAQ:
Q: Are there sex/H-scenes in the game?
A: Yes. There is a toggleable option in the configuration menu of the game to skip sex scenes. We will not be releasing an all-ages version.
The filter skips sex scenes. Non-sexual nudity isn't removed.

I'm sorry to hear this isn't working out for you, but between the FAQs on the forum, the 18+ warning on our download pages, and KS being unrated, I'd say you were fairly warned.
I read; like I said though I'm not really familiar with what qualifies as what in terms of content appropriateness for level warnings and such. :lol: I assumed it was high rated because the H-scenes existed and were easily accessible, in additional to all the implied things in the dialog. *shrugs* I got my question answered though, that's enough for me. ^_^

te-kun
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: How is this not H-scene material?

Post by te-kun » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Err... have you ever heard about artistic nude? Not all nudity is related to sex... :?

Hanako-San

Re: How is this not H-scene material?

Post by Hanako-San » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:34 pm

te-kun wrote:Err... have you ever heard about artistic nude? Not all nudity is related to sex... :?
It's still hard to explain if someone else is nearby.

te-kun
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: How is this not H-scene material?

Post by te-kun » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Hanako-San wrote:
te-kun wrote:Err... have you ever heard about artistic nude? Not all nudity is related to sex... :?
It's still hard to explain if someone else is nearby.
This game is hard to explain if someone else is nearby...

Hanako-San

Re: How is this not H-scene material?

Post by Hanako-San » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:43 pm

te-kun wrote:
Hanako-San wrote:
te-kun wrote:Err... have you ever heard about artistic nude? Not all nudity is related to sex... :?
It's still hard to explain if someone else is nearby.
This game is hard to explain if someone else is nearby...
True, but you don't really have to explain it. To outsides, it just looks like one of dem vidya gaems with moving pictures. The nudity, however, is another subject.

te-kun
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: How is this not H-scene material?

Post by te-kun » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Hanako-San wrote:
te-kun wrote:This game is hard to explain if someone else is nearby...
True, but you don't really have to explain it. To outsides, it just looks like one of dem vidya gaems with moving pictures. The nudity, however, is another subject.
close the door

User avatar
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:02 pm

Re: How is this not H-scene material?

Post by Peorth » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:56 pm

te-kun wrote:
Hanako-San wrote:
te-kun wrote:This game is hard to explain if someone else is nearby...
True, but you don't really have to explain it. To outsides, it just looks like one of dem vidya gaems with moving pictures. The nudity, however, is another subject.
close the door
Get on the floor.







Everyone do the dinosaur.
Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.

te-kun
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: How is this not H-scene material?

Post by te-kun » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Peorth wrote:
te-kun wrote:
Hanako-San wrote:True, but you don't really have to explain it. To outsides, it just looks like one of dem vidya gaems with moving pictures. The nudity, however, is another subject.
close the door
Get on the floor.







Everyone do the dinosaur.
Your avatar makes it sound so wrong! :lol:

CanadaAotS
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:21 am

Re: How is this not H-scene material?

Post by CanadaAotS » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Well, I just thank my lucky stars I'm not a teenager living in their parents house, using the family computer.
Otherwise I might actually have to use the family filter!

I'd rather not make a sarcastic comment about people playing it at work... I actually hope they have more common sense then that.

Post Reply