A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

charmisokay

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by charmisokay »

Directed at riven:
Well I guess that's pretty accurate.
I just like to see it (since it sometimes cause conflict) :/

But I must admit I like that outfit as much as I like Lilly herself :D
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
colfirefly

Post by colfirefly »

TheKingOfFacade wrote:
colfirefly wrote:Heh, I picked Hanako from the outset. I saw the classroom landscape and just thought "I want that one".

Problem is, I walked right into the bad ending from the get-go. I played it how I would approach the situations myself. Doesn't say much for my social aptitude when I can't manage the right response from 2 options. I sat on the city visit question for an eternity before playing it safe. :(

After I got the bad ending, that depressed me quite a bit. I understood that she wanted to be treated like an equal from the bad ending, but I didn't understand where we were supposed to get that from the story.

I eventually saw the other 2 endings just by trial and error. I don't think that will make up for getting to the bad ending naturally. :cry:

Nevertheless, great writing by this team. Highly enjoyable, looking forward to Shizune and Ren.

The thing is with Hanako's bad end is that I don't think anyone would act as persistently as Hisao did. Maybe even the fact that you tried to comfort her but respect her wishes to be alone could have heralded a better end than the Neutral End.

The point I'm trying to make is:

"Hanako, let's go to town"
"No thank you"
"Come on Hanako, it will be fun"
"I'm fine"
"Come on"
"No"
"It will be fun"
"No"
"But you like going into town"
"I'm fine..."

Rinse and repeat two or three times.

That obviously isn't the best way to handle things.
Yes, that's exactly it. At that point I couldn't see her agreeing with the suggestion to go out into a social situation.

The scene that had the largest effect on my perception of Hanako was the panic attack scene (I'm not the only one?). The idea of pushing someone into a social situation when they could completely shut down from the experience was not a palatable one at the time.

Funny thing is, I misread what Hanako considers to be a social situation even though my own outlook on life is quite similar. I learnt as a child that with enough concentration, you can ignore anyone or anything. The classroom situation was something she couldn't ignore *because* there were so many people there she knew and "interacted" with on a daily basis. But, with an outing in the city, you are essentially anonymous unless you go to some effort to be noticed. Everyone is a stranger that you probably won't see again, so you can ignore their presence and you will generally be ignored in return.

Therefore, my reasoning for denying that part was false. The only thing Hanako would have seen would be a chance to have an outing with Hisao on 'even terms'.

Hindsight sucks. :(
Bringerof_D

Post by Bringerof_D »

Rivan wrote:
Nyarly wrote:
Bringerof_D wrote:ps: Hanako's pose over the pool table is oddly very arousing. i'd be willing to say that is her most attractive cg.
This.
Have you guys seen Lilly's red cheongsam picture and just refused to acknowledge her hotness, or did you just somehow miss it?

Hanako in her hat during the billboard match = ultra cute, hot
Lilly in her red cheongsam = overkill.
Rivan

"HER" most attractive CG. although either way i'm not too fond of cheongsam, so it'd still be true for me if I include that.

@colfirefly: agreed, that was the most impacting scene for me too. although i feel it is also tied with the scene just prior in the library where she tries to tell you about the fire.

side note: Drunk Hanako is so adorable!
Last edited by Bringerof_D on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Hello there Kenji, I'm a psychic spy. But dont worry, I know what you're thinking. It wont hurt at all...~
CNB

Post by CNB »

Rivan wrote:Have you guys seen Lilly's red cheongsam picture and just refused to acknowledge her hotness, or did you just somehow miss it?
To tell the truth, neither cheongsams nor Lilly herself are really my thing.

edit: While Hanako's little hipster jacket and newsboy hat definitely are.
Nyarly

Post by Nyarly »

Now that I think about it (and thinking about girls in cheongsams is quite a nice pastime), a black cheongsam would fit better to Hanako.

Of course, a burned cheongsam would fit even better.
iamnuff

Post by iamnuff »

Bringerof_D wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:The sex scene was intentionally awkward and unnatural. Even Hisao acknowledges as such and that's why the scene in the park took place at all.
no i understood that it wasn't supposed to be natural however the progression simply didnt work. it almost very literally was what i said in my last post. Hanako tells her story and Hisao goes, "time for sex?"

there was no real connection between the end of hanako's tale to them getting it on. she finishes talking and he unzips his pants. the scene would have been much improved if they simply threw a few lines saying, "they held each other in their arms then sank towards the bed." or something. there simply was no emotional connect from end of story to pants down. It's almost as if hisao was on a schedule and it was time to do it.

i agree, it wasn't just unnatural as in "they don't know each other well enough" or "they are not at this part of their relationship yet" i took me until hisato almost had his pants off before i understood, "yes, they are really going to have sex now",

what, now? after that big emotional bomb, just in dropping the emotional bomb Hanako took her clothes off?

no, it just felt wrong. more wrong than it is supposed to.

also, i'm sad that the story ended right as they started to really get to know each other, it feels like they should have done that one act ago, not to mention lilly's reaction

all in all, lilly apparently has the longest root, and she is the only one with a epilogue, like she is the canon choice or something, i don't like that.

though i have to say, im still not at 100% completion yet. just playing though Shizune, and i got to the scene where hanako shows up for chess. almost broke my heart, (and not in a joky HHHHNNNGGG way) when she got scared off and ran away, then Shizune psychoanalysed her, saying the only reason she plays chess is because she likes to play with lilly,

someone get that girl a hug, STAT.
Xegar

Post by Xegar »

I play the Hanako route first.
What really surprised me was when she got drunk on her birthday.
The whole game was so innocent all the way until that point.
I was like "ooh, finally some real fun!" :mrgreen:

About the sex scene: I agree it was unnatural. And the fact that Hisao was walking around with a condom in his pocket made me go WTF tbh
Kougeru

Post by Kougeru »

My favorite route by far. Most emotional, and as others have said..rather realistic. I agree the sex scene seemed a bit odd, but I didn't feel it was TOO odd. But the outlet...by far the most emotional in the entire game, which is why this route is my favorite..plus Hanako is the best. I can't stop thinking about this route..playing it multiple times (without skipping) because it's that good. I love it.
colfirefly

Post by colfirefly »

I've been thinking about the bad ending more and what was said in it, specifically why Lilly was included in her rant.

Did anyone else get the feeling that Hanako was resentful of Lilly being able to be her friend *because* she was blind, thereby getting a free pass without having to deal with Hanako's looks?
Drake

Post by Drake »

What? But I like Hanako's looks, scars and all.
ardiel

Post by ardiel »

colfirefly wrote:I've been thinking about the bad ending more and what was said in it, specifically why Lilly was included in her rant.

Did anyone else get the feeling that Hanako was resentful of Lilly being able to be her friend *because* she was blind, thereby getting a free pass without having to deal with Hanako's looks?
Nah, more like she was tired of feeling like Lilly and Hisao were being her friends only as a way of 'rescuing' her. Even though Lilly couldn't see Hanako's scars on the outside, she knew about Hanako's pain on the inside and her avoidance of people, and trying to fix her for that was just as bad if not worse than the scars.

Hanako wanted to connect with somebody as an equal, with the way people look at her physically in addition to not being some kind of pity friend trying to 'fix' her.

She probably knew what Lilly was doing all along but just put up with it because Lilly is nice and meant well for her, but when pushed by Hisao she snaps on both of them.

Post by Guest »

About the sex scene: I agree it was unnatural. And the fact that Hisao was walking around with a condom in his pocket made me go WTF tbh
Same here! I was like "Are you walking around 'prepared' to have sex at any given time with Hanako of all people?!?"~

I wonder if that can be explained... lol.
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

Guest wrote:
Same here! I was like "Are you walking around 'prepared' to have sex at any given time with Hanako of all people?!?"~

Some people just walk around with one all the time, just in case. You never know, some very attractive stranger could come up to you and ask for sex, demanding that it be protected or nothing at all.

Although I do question why Hanako's is the only route where a condom is used...(well, almost, but might as well be)
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
Rolanberry

Post by Rolanberry »

Ryto wrote:
Guest wrote:

Some people just walk around with one all the time, just in case. You never know, some very attractive stranger could come up to you and ask for sex, demanding that it be protected or nothing at all.

Although I do question why Hanako's is the only route where a condom is used...(well, almost, but might as well be)
Maybe after the drunk Hanako episode of her not wanting him to leave...he decided its best to stay ready!
xaolindragon

Post by xaolindragon »

Ryto wrote:
Guest wrote:

No I'm pretty sure in Emi's story, Hisao used one too.