The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

chicunsu

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by chicunsu »

uber wrote:Damn. Was my first time playing a vn, but I usually overwrite a save point every time I save(stupid xbox habit). My last save was at play time 3:40. Gotta play 4 hrs and wade through the text again to get here. T_T
i've played hanako's FULL route 4 or 5 times.... and everyone elses 3 times......
I didn't dislike doing that
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability
Grond0701

Post by Grond0701 »

just do skip mode til you reach the choices/parts you havn't covered before.

Just did the bad ending for Hanako's route for completion :( had to reply the good ending to recover.

Hanako <3
Completed:
Emi - Hanako -

Still:
Lily - Rin - Shizune
uber

Post by uber »

Ry74 wrote:
uber wrote:Damn. Was my first time playing a vn, but I usually overwrite a save point every time I save(stupid xbox habit). My last save was at play time 3:40. Gotta play 4 hrs and wade through the text again to get here. T_T
Actually, you can just hit the tab key and it'll speed through the text and stop at decision points.
Awesome. Thanks a ton for pointing that out lol. :D
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

uber wrote:
Ry74 wrote:
Actually, you can just hit the tab key and it'll speed through the text and stop at decision points.
Awesome. Thanks a ton for pointing that out lol. :D
LOL, i thought u knew about the skip mode o.o
Anyway yea, you don't have to reread everything you have done before if you only want to see what comes later
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
uber

Post by uber »

Well, i thought i made it clear up there that this was my first time playing a vn and am generally an amateur in these things lol. Anyway, would these sorts of bad endings of hanako come later on as well?
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

uber wrote:Well, i thought i made it clear up there that this was my first time playing a vn and am generally an amateur in these things lol. Anyway, would these sorts of bad endings of hanako come later on as well?
Hmm, i never got the bad ending.... and i'm a real haters of bad endings, so i've only played the good routes, except for lilly, where i failed.... I'M SO SOWWY, I DIDN'T MEAN TO FAIL ON U....*goes to cry on Hanako's shoulders* =3
*sob* anyway, i don't really know
DeviosSano

Post by DeviosSano »

Pick every choice that has something to do with Hanako in chapter 1. Very first choices in the VN, pick why, then ask about library, etc. etc.

Btw: If you do the choices right, you won't even need to go run with Rin a 2nd time, cuz Hisao will automatically dislike running (Lazy). Admit to Miki you love Hanako, and when Lily leaves for....her sick aunt, you have to take Hanako to town. Then continue the story and for the last set of choices, do the one that says trust your own judgement or something like that. Good ending finished!
DeviosSano

Post by DeviosSano »

Ok, now that I rushed through her path...again. I can give you more specifics. Answers below for good ending, so much skipping x.x

Answers:
1. Why?
2. Ask about the Library
3. Play defensively
4. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you.
5. She was cute
6. Talk with Hanako
7. Maybe
8. Hey, come on! Give me and Lilly some slack..
9. Sorry, I'm not in a very good condition
10. Go to the library.
11. I've done enough work for the council already.
12. Admit it (NEEEEEEEEDDD!!!!)
13. Do you want to go out into the city? (Need also!!!)
14. Agree with Lilly

Edit: Sorry for my earlier post, i meant agree with Lilly. Typed the wrong one.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

So, what events, in particular, would the people here like to have seen if the route were to have continued on past the ending? I've heard some things about Hanako joining a newspaper club in Lilly's route, so would it be plausible to say that she might do the same thing on her route? Was it just to have something to do since she had nobody else, or did she have a genuine interest that might carry over even with Hisao by her side? Obviously, I'm asking for the feedback of Lillybros here, but other topics of discussion are welcome.
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

Brogurt wrote:So, what events, in particular, would the people here like to have seen if the route were to have continued on past the ending? I've heard some things about Hanako joining a newspaper club in Lilly's route, so would it be plausible to say that she might do the same thing on her route? Was it just to have something to do since she had nobody else, or did she have a genuine interest that might carry over even with Hisao by her side? Obviously, I'm asking for the feedback of Lillybros here, but other topics of discussion are welcome.
lillybros? ok i think i'll classify myself as one. I thinkn Hanako did have an interest in teh newspaper club which is possible she would go for as well. Since seems HIsao and Hanako didn't understand each other well but didn't mind. I see them finding about themselves more and learn about each other also. So Hanako could join the newspaper club and then go about that with Hisao. I would enjoy that as well as her going to travel around from hokkaido to the south. Hisao might join I'd like that as well. In general I would just like to see how their relationship could blossom further.
Rubytyr

Post by Rubytyr »

2. The lone sex scene. I'd like to know if I thought the same thing about it as everyone else, which seems to be something like: Hanako figured this was the only way she could keep Hisao around instead of losing him, and he wanted to connect with her some more, but it turned out to be a misunderstanding, and both ended up regretting it. I wont lie; actually reading the text during that scene was hard enough, and when coupled with the fact that the genitalia was immediately beneath the text box, I ended up skipping most of it. What I did notice, though, is that she didn't seem to enjoy it much. Is this correct?
I dont know, I felt and knew in a lot of ways Hisao and Hanako both - despite the misunderstandings they both made as the story developed - I think they spent the night together out of love, even if they could not see past their own fears and assumptions until later.

basically, their hearts had good intentions, but their brains over-thought things too much.
Mud

Post by Mud »

Rubytyr wrote:
2. The lone sex scene. I'd like to know if I thought the same thing about it as everyone else, which seems to be something like: Hanako figured this was the only way she could keep Hisao around instead of losing him, and he wanted to connect with her some more, but it turned out to be a misunderstanding, and both ended up regretting it. I wont lie; actually reading the text during that scene was hard enough, and when coupled with the fact that the genitalia was immediately beneath the text box, I ended up skipping most of it. What I did notice, though, is that she didn't seem to enjoy it much. Is this correct?
I dont know, I felt and knew in a lot of ways Hisao and Hanako both - despite the misunderstandings they both made as the story developed - I think they spent the night together out of love, even if they could not see past their own fears and assumptions until later.

basically, their hearts had good intentions, but their brains over-thought things too much.
They're just a bunch of kids confused about love. In the bad endings I've played, the cause was love, just poorly delivered.

I loved this path regardless of the sex scene. My favorite moments were the times that Hanako and Hisao opened up to one another. It made their relationship seem more real and grown up.

Post by Guest »

Mud wrote:
Rubytyr wrote:

They're just a bunch of kids confused about love. In the bad endings I've played, the cause was love, just poorly delivered.

I loved this path regardless of the sex scene. My favorite moments were the times that Hanako and Hisao opened up to one another. It made their relationship seem more real and grown up.
Eh, I know plenty of people my age (mid 30's) that complicate/confuse relationships jsut as severly as Hisao/Heroines have, after - the baggage doesnt go away with age, it only piles on :P (ok you might gain perspective and wisdom, but you are always going to be you, if thats 18 or 33, its still your mind and feelings - and there is no save and reload in life, sadly).

But I agree with you on the favorite scene; when their in the park together pouring it all out, both good and bad - that was truely satisfying (though Hnanoko removing her clothes and facing away from Hisao is still my wallpaper, despite the scars she is still the most beautiful character imo.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

I loved this path regardless of the sex scene. My favorite moments were the times that Hanako and Hisao opened up to one another. It made their relationship seem more real and grown up.[/quote]

Eh, I know plenty of people my age (mid 30's) that complicate/confuse relationships jsut as severly as Hisao/Heroines have, after - the baggage doesnt go away with age, it only piles on :P (ok you might gain perspective and wisdom, but you are always going to be you, if thats 18 or 33, its still your mind and feelings - and there is no save and reload in life, sadly).

But I agree with you on the favorite scene; when their in the park together pouring it all out, both good and bad - that was truely satisfying (though Hnanoko removing her clothes and facing away from Hisao is still my wallpaper, despite the scars she is still the most beautiful character imo.[/quote]

That was beautifully put, And I can't help but agree with you, I haven't been able to decide who my favourite is between Hanako and Lilly, The park scene where she finally lets it all out and reveals her true feelings to Hisao made me cry like a baby and still brings a tear to my eye when I think about it, 4LS are amazing for bringing us something so special
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

Misfile17 wrote: Eh, I know plenty of people my age (mid 30's) that complicate/confuse relationships jsut as severly as Hisao/Heroines have, after - the baggage doesnt go away with age, it only piles on :P (ok you might gain perspective and wisdom, but you are always going to be you, if thats 18 or 33, its still your mind and feelings - and there is no save and reload in life, sadly).

But I agree with you on the favorite scene; when their in the park together pouring it all out, both good and bad - that was truely satisfying (though Hnanoko removing her clothes and facing away from Hisao is still my wallpaper, despite the scars she is still the most beautiful character imo.
That was beautifully put, And I can't help but agree with you, I haven't been able to decide who my favourite is between Hanako and Lilly, The park scene where she finally lets it all out and reveals her true feelings to Hisao made me cry like a baby and still brings a tear to my eye when I think about it, 4LS are amazing for bringing us something so special[/quote]
Hanako's scars is part of her o.o This might sound bad, but she suits them.... it sounds really bad.... <.<
But the scars are part of her, just like everything else, the scars is her.
I would be pissed off if someone said "I would love Hanako, if it wasn't for those scars"