The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Grayfox

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Grayfox »

Exterminator 2000 wrote:All this makes an awful lot of sense... I guess I wasn't taking this as seriously as I should have, considering my brain was still full of endorphines from getting the good end shortly before. Or maybe I just kind of expected the bad end to have blood and death everywhere. :wink:
I get what you mean, but honestly, I think the reason it affected me more was because of the fact that after seeing so many different anime, games, and other things in general that come out and show all the ridiculous gory death (looking at you, School Days anime), While it might have affected me at first, it just kinda doesn't do much for me anymore, so seeing something that was a more realistic sort of reaction hit me.
Exterminator 2000 wrote:
Even without that, I'd still consider the bad ending to be pretty damn bad if for no other reason than the whole Hisao has effectively killed at least two different relationships, and likely has caused even more problems with both Hanako, and very possibly Lilly, when she finds out that he ignored her advice, and things went the way they did.
Mhh, for some reason I assumed that despite all things happening, her anger was mainly focused on Hisao and that she'd still make up with Lilly again. Then again, considering that there are so many things even Lilly knows only little or even nothing about, I guess their bond of friendship isn't indestructible, either.
Mostly I meant Hisao's relationship with Lilly, not Hanako's, but the other is very possible as well.
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... The only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in."
-Frank Jaegar

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Emi, Hanako, Lilly, Rin, Shizune

Current Path: Hanako (2nd Playthrough)
Harco

Post by Harco »

Amazing route, much more emotional than I expected. I went for the good ending first, then loaded an earlier save file and saw the bad ending. What I liked best about the good ending was... ...the moment after the confession, when they walked through town and Hisao commented that they didn't understand each other at all... but that there was a total lack of resentment. They didn't understand each other, but they wanted to and they were both going to do everything about it to make it work, one step at a time.

Hanako's whole route was about the past. Her past and Hisao's past. There was no future, no looking ahead; only their their pasts and their inability to deal with it, with each other. That moment in town, and afterwards when Hanako kisses Hisao, I finally felt that there was a future. A future they were going face together, as equals.
Indolence

Post by Indolence »

Is it possible to find an MP3 version of the act 2 cinematic. The piano in that piece is amazing and I would love to have it.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Harco wrote:Amazing route, much more emotional than I expected. I went for the good ending first, then loaded an earlier save file and saw the bad ending. What I liked best about the good ending was... ...the moment after the confession, when they walked through town and Hisao commented that they didn't understand each other at all... but that there was a total lack of resentment. They didn't understand each other, but they wanted to and they were both going to do everything about it to make it work, one step at a time.

Hanako's whole route was about the past. Her past and Hisao's past. There was no future, no looking ahead; only their their pasts and their inability to deal with it, with each other. That moment in town, and afterwards when Hanako kisses Hisao, I finally felt that there was a future. A future they were going face together, as equals.
Couldn't agree more, In fact I couldnt have put it any better myself after thinking about it, I find myself wanting more from Katawa Shoujo as Im on Shizune's route now and I've almost 100% every other route, is there any word on more being added to the game or other things related to the characters being released at all? Im so in love with this game it's unreal, It's such a beautiful thing
Poly

Post by Poly »

Misfile17 wrote:
Harco wrote:Amazing route, much more emotional than I expected. I went for the good ending first, then loaded an earlier save file and saw the bad ending. What I liked best about the good ending was... ...the moment after the confession, when they walked through town and Hisao commented that they didn't understand each other at all... but that there was a total lack of resentment. They didn't understand each other, but they wanted to and they were both going to do everything about it to make it work, one step at a time.

Couldn't agree more, In fact I couldnt have put it any better myself after thinking about it, I find myself wanting more from Katawa Shoujo as Im on Shizune's route now and I've almost 100% every other route, is there any word on more being added to the game or other things related to the characters being released at all? Im so in love with this game it's unreal, It's such a beautiful thing
I can't help but agree. I would like to see more of each character Hanako in Particular. It's a shame that this will be their only release but maybe the writers of each individual character can write something if they feel the need?

Post by Guest »

Misfile17 wrote:
scoopnokes wrote:
Misfile17 wrote:So far my favourite ending has been Lilly's to, I thought hanako's ending was brilliant though, didn't need much more explaining than what happened I think, Still, I love Katawa Shoujo so much xD
oh i agree it was brilliant and i liked how they got the character constructing through the story, but Lily is a personal favorite in personality and design. Only flaw is that she reminds me of an ex which I regrettably, nerdy as may be, got the bad ending with as some players do in the route. Almost the same way to as the story did it lol.

moooorrreeeeeee. I want to know more of what happens with hanako and lily.

Being nerdy isn't anything to be worried about, I felt really nerdy getting so emotional over these stories but then I thought to myself, Who cares? I like it that shouldnt matter to anyone else but me, I agree with you on the Lilly bit, She's probably my favourite design as well and it is a bit of a shame we didn't see more about her return from Scotland and more of Hisao and Hanako's future but we can just use the ending that happened as a starter for our imaginations, Personally I keep thinking about it and I picture them both living out the rest of their lives at Yamaku and then travelling together, I think that would have been a nice ending although kind of similar to the Lilly good ending..... Sorry for rambling, xD
I sorta shudder at the thought that if Lilly were to return from Scotland after HIsao and Hanako are an item, then she'd be happy for them and happy that they were able to develop more so rather than stay the same as they were before. Hanako and Hisao would decide to move on and have a future. But I'm still lost as to what will happen, unlike in Lilly's path, Hisao or Hanako didnt' really decide what to do after Yamaku. Hanako seems to have gathered more confidence about herself which also let Hisao not be so worried or patronizing as he was. But the enjoyment of Hanako's and Lilly's route made me restless and want more unfortunately.
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

Poly wrote:
Misfile17 wrote:

I can't help but agree. I would like to see more of each character Hanako in Particular. It's a shame that this will be their only release but maybe the writers of each individual character can write something if they feel the need?
I can't get myself to be interested in doing emi, rin, or shizune's path all the way through. Maybe it's the fact that i first did Lilly's path and found that it ended well and i'm sad that it's over, but know that it really can't advance further and still have the same emotion be invoked. However, with Hanako's i can see it being continued and still heart grabbing as it was. It left things needing to be explained and I would definitely be interested in reading more into how the story would develop if they were to create another. Unfortunately, they won't be and depresses me that they won't, but it's understandable.
Rolanberry

Post by Rolanberry »

I had to make a account just to replay to this thread!

I've been playing a few visual novels and I must admit this is by far the best I've ever played if not just for Hanako.

Trying not to spoil myself or make any before games judgements on how I would try to go with I went in to the game choosing what 'I' would best do. I ended up getting Hanako's good ending and I both glad and sad for it. Sad because I don't think I can't feel like I invest the same amount of emotion into the other girls as I did with Hanako because it was just that great.

It really opened my eyes and showed me some things about myself and I think I'm a better person for it, I can't thank 4 leaf studios enough for making this game.

Though like a few other I was disappointed with the end since I just wanted more! but looking at it now again, it ended at a perfect place. The last image of the two of them kissing but you can't see Hanako's scars speaks volumes for what it means. Here it is, two lovers kissing. And thats all. You don't see Hanako's scars because that 'doesn't matter'. They are out in public, people are watching and what they see really is just two people expressing there affection for one another, and thats beautiful.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Rolanberry wrote:I had to make a account just to replay to this thread!

I've been playing a few visual novels and I must admit this is by far the best I've ever played if not just for Hanako.

Trying not to spoil myself or make any before games judgements on how I would try to go with I went in to the game choosing what 'I' would best do. I ended up getting Hanako's good ending and I both glad and sad for it. Sad because I don't think I can't feel like I invest the same amount of emotion into the other girls as I did with Hanako because it was just that great.

It really opened my eyes and showed me some things about myself and I think I'm a better person for it, I can't thank 4 leaf studios enough for making this game.

Though like a few other I was disappointed with the end since I just wanted more! but looking at it now again, it ended at a perfect place. The last image of the two of them kissing but you can't see Hanako's scars speaks volumes for what it means. Here it is, two lovers kissing. And thats all. You don't see Hanako's scars because that 'doesn't matter'. They are out in public, people are watching and what they see really is just two people expressing there affection for one another, and thats beautiful.
I did the same thing, I signed up to this because of the game being so amazing, I loved every second of it and I'm conflicted as to what my favourite story has been so far, I think its changed me as well, that might sound sad to some people but I really think it has had a profound effect on me, I also think it was amazing the way hanako's route ended but also sad we didn't see more, but one way to think of it is that we can picture what their future together could be like xD
~ J O K 3 R ~

Post by ~ J O K 3 R ~ »

I know this may be old, but who else thought when Hanako got drunk that was the H-scene right there? My heart just kept on thumping and I was really worried that something might happen there, but needless to say it didn't and I'm happy. Because I hate those cliche type of things :|
“There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.”
- Harry Crews

(Somehow this reminds me of Hanako and yes, I'm a fan~ * W* ~ ♥)
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

~ J O K 3 R ~ wrote:I know this may be old, but who else thought when Hanako got drunk that was the H-scene right there? My heart just kept on thumping and I was really worried that something might happen there, but needless to say it didn't and I'm happy. Because I hate those cliche type of things :|
agreed, i saw something could happen but glad it didnt since it would have killed the mood
Poly

Post by Poly »

~ J O K 3 R ~ wrote:I know this may be old, but who else thought when Hanako got drunk that was the H-scene right there? My heart just kept on thumping and I was really worried that something might happen there, but needless to say it didn't and I'm happy. Because I hate those cliche type of things :|
actually I was expecting something more emotionally intense. I would've like to see Hanako crying asking Hisao if he were really her friend? Crying and clinging to Hisao it could've been pretty emotional right there. It would've broken the happy mood before but yeah.
CrimsonLight

Post by CrimsonLight »

Guest wrote: I sorta shudder at the thought that if Lilly were to return from Scotland after HIsao and Hanako are an item, then she'd be happy for them and happy that they were able to develop more so rather than stay the same as they were before. Hanako and Hisao would decide to move on and have a future. But I'm still lost as to what will happen, unlike in Lilly's path, Hisao or Hanako didnt' really decide what to do after Yamaku. Hanako seems to have gathered more confidence about herself which also let Hisao not be so worried or patronizing as he was. But the enjoyment of Hanako's and Lilly's route made me restless and want more unfortunately.
Actually in this situation, I believe in Lilly's path they said that Hanako wants to travel. She intended to go to the north(Hokaido I believe) when Lilly said she's going to go back to Scotland permanently. I know that might not really be the kind of future you were talking about but it's still an option. So in this route, wouldn't it be about Hanako and Hisao traveling? I don't know, I'm still lost in thought.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

CrimsonLight wrote:
Guest wrote: I sorta shudder at the thought that if Lilly were to return from Scotland after HIsao and Hanako are an item, then she'd be happy for them and happy that they were able to develop more so rather than stay the same as they were before. Hanako and Hisao would decide to move on and have a future. But I'm still lost as to what will happen, unlike in Lilly's path, Hisao or Hanako didnt' really decide what to do after Yamaku. Hanako seems to have gathered more confidence about herself which also let Hisao not be so worried or patronizing as he was. But the enjoyment of Hanako's and Lilly's route made me restless and want more unfortunately.
Actually in this situation, I believe in Lilly's path they said that Hanako wants to travel. She intended to go to the north(Hokaido I believe) when Lilly said she's going to go back to Scotland permanently. I know that might not really be the kind of future you were talking about but it's still an option. So in this route, wouldn't it be about Hanako and Hisao traveling? I don't know, I'm still lost in thought.
I pictured that as what happened to, Lilly moving back to Scotland as She wasnt with Hisao to keep her there, and Hanako and Hisao travel together and explore their future, Such a nice thought!
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

CrimsonLight wrote:
I pictured that as what happened to, Lilly moving back to Scotland as She wasnt with Hisao to keep her there, and Hanako and Hisao travel together and explore their future, Such a nice thought!