~/git/linux$ git log --author=IKEZAWA
commit 301ad899fd0ef41f3605a7212c23f54ae33649f8
Author: IKEZAWA Hanako <hanako.ikezawa@yamaku.edu.jp>
Date:   Thu Jun 9 02:08:57 2007 -0500

Input: add support for Braille devices

- Add KEY_BRL_* input keys and K_BRL_* keycodes;
    - Add emulation of how braille keyboards usually combine braille dots
      to the console keyboard driver;
    - Add handling of unicode U+28xy diacritics.

I... Ihadtodosomething... for Lilly. <3

Signed-off-by: IKEZAWA Hanako <hanako.ikezawa@yamaku.edu.jp>
That's clever.
Guest Poster

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Guest Poster »

The process of turning Yamaku's shyest student into a memetic badass has started...
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

CNB wrote:I fantasize about her spending days getting psyched up to finally confront Hisao about how unacceptably square that sweater vest makes him look.
That is awesome! For some reason this also makes me think Rin commenting on how painful it is to see the two of them together, since Hanako has such a good eye for color and Hisao . . . doesn't.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

CNB

Post by CNB »

Guest Poster wrote:The process of turning Yamaku's shyest student into a memetic badass has started...
I mainly like to imagine her as a computer nerd because I know from personal experience that the internet is a really appealing place for shy introverts. The ability to interact anonymously, and -- just as importantly -- to disengage instantly and completely with little social stigma attached to doing so, are absolutely killer for people who enjoy being alone but hate feeling lonely.

The downside is that when extreme aloofness is the default stance, it's tough to connect emotionally with anyone. Being friends with a name on a screen isn't the same as being friends with a "real" person.
TravelingHobo

Post by TravelingHobo »

Hisao thought that Hanako wanted to have sex with him, and he thought they were having loving, intimate sex. Then Hanako turns around and says that she only did it because she wanted to change Hisao's perception of her.

I therefore posit that it was Hisao who was raped.
uwa

Post by uwa »

TravelingHobo wrote:Hisao thought that Hanako wanted to have sex with him, and he thought they were having loving, intimate sex. Then Hanako turns around and says that she only did it because she wanted to change Hisao's perception of her.

I therefore posit that it was Hisao who was raped.
(golf clap)
Excellent, sir. Excellent.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Hanako was my first...I wish the story continued... I didn't want it to end, So sad it had to come to a end :(.... hopefully more? or is that wishful thinking. I never felt for a female character that strongly before, My heart was in it, and i felt everything good and bad....

Please more..... :'(
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
newnar

Post by newnar »

Dammit, CNB stop destroying other people's fantasies and overwriting them with your own.
guest2

Post by guest2 »

CNB wrote:I mainly like to imagine her as a computer nerd because I know from personal experience that the internet is a really appealing place for shy introverts. The ability to interact anonymously, and -- just as importantly -- to disengage instantly and completely with little social stigma attached to doing so, are absolutely killer for people who enjoy being alone but hate feeling lonely.

The downside is that when extreme aloofness is the default stance, it's tough to connect emotionally with anyone. Being friends with a name on a screen isn't the same as being friends with a "real" person.
"As you can see, we've had our eye on you for some time now, Miss Ikezawa.
"It seems that you've been living two lives. In one life, you're Hanako Ikezawa, third-year student at a respectable high school. You have a library card #, you pay your school fees, and you... help your next-door neighbor pick out her outfits.
"The other life is lived in computers, where you go by the hacker alias, ch0c01473, and are guilty of virtually every computer crime we have a law for. One of these lives has a future, and one of them does not.
"I'm going to be as forthcoming as I can be, Miss Ikezawa. You're here because we need you. We know you've been contacted by a certain... individual--a man who calls himself h1s40. Now whatever you think you know about this man is irrelevant. He is considered by many authorities to be the most dangerous man alive."

:lol:
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
newnar

Post by newnar »

guest2 wrote:
CNB wrote:I mainly like to imagine her as a computer nerd because I know from personal experience that the internet is a really appealing place for shy introverts. The ability to interact anonymously, and -- just as importantly -- to disengage instantly and completely with little social stigma attached to doing so, are absolutely killer for people who enjoy being alone but hate feeling lonely.

"As you can see, we've had our eye on you for some time now, Miss Ikezawa.
"It seems that you've been living two lives. In one life, you're Hanako Ikezawa, third-year student at a respectable high school. You have a library card #, you pay your school fees, and you... help your next-door neighbor pick out her outfits.
"The other life is lived in computers, where you go by the hacker alias, ch0c01473, and are guilty of virtually every computer crime we have a law for. One of these lives has a future, and one of them does not.
"I'm going to be as forthcoming as I can be, Miss Ikezawa. You're here because we need you. We know you've been contacted by a certain... individual--a man who calls himself h1s40. Now whatever you think you know about this man is irrelevant. He is considered by many authorities to be the most dangerous man alive."

:lol:

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
guest2

Post by guest2 »

[cont...]
Agent Smith: "My colleagues believe that I am wasting my time with you, but I believe you wish to do the right thing. We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start, and all that we're asking in return is your cooperation in bringing a known terrorist to justice."

Hanako: "Y-Yeah... W-Well that sounds like a... r-really good deal, but... I... I... I think I have a better one--How about I... I... *blush* I give you the f-finger... AND YOU GIMMIE THE CHOCOLATE!!"
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
CNB

Post by CNB »

I think I'll be taking the blue pill on this one, Morpheus.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Just hand me the sleeping pills. And Rin's instructions on "Meds and how to take them".
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Hanako.....

Sorry.

Hmm her being online interacting with people..., interesting thought, but i don't see her doing anything totally out there.....maybe if theres a 2nd novel, we will find out...
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
maggo

Post by maggo »

I have two minor problems with Hanako's route:

1. Hisao being a huge faggot for not confessing his feelings earlier to her. Just a simple "I love you", "I need you" or whatever would've solved so many problems, and the drinking scene made it fairly obvious that Hanako reciprocated his feelings in some way. Seeing him beating around the bush like a borderline retard was fucking annoying. I haven't had a real conversation with a person of the female gender in years and there's a good chance I'll die a virgin but even I would have handled the situation better than him, damn it. (Not that I would've gotten so far with Hanako in the first place IRL. As a social recluse, broing it up with Kenji, building anti-feminist shelters and having manly picnics on the roof while ranting about women would be the only realistic option for me.)
tl;dr get your shit together, Hisao.

2. Hanako's scars look nowhere near as ugly as they should be. In fact, they don't look ugly at all. Animu lies, and it makes the whole scar issue somewhat less convincing which is a bit sad in my opinion.

That said, Hanako's route is still an emotional rollercoaster and tears were shed. It's a great, touching game and it's absolutely amazing that some random guys on 4chan actually stuck with such a huge project and managed to deliver a quality product without asking anything in return. Kudos to the developers. True bro tier.