The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Ryto

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Ryto »

Rizzo wrote:I just finished the Hanako path.

My compliments - brilliantly written. But there's a problem now.

I want more! I want to see what happens past that kiss and how they progress together.

Perhaps I'm just being greedy, but I felt like Hanako's story, while ending on a happy note, was missing some scenes of her and Hisao enjoying their new relationship together.
That's what fanfiction is for. I myself and considering writing some once I finally finish the game 100%. I'd write sooner, but I want to be able to get the characters besides Hisao and Hanako right too. I'd either do one that takes place after the good ending, or one that tells the story of the game through Hanako's view. That second one would be really challenging, both because of the fact that I'm a man and that might be difficult, and just her character in general seems hard to write in first person. So I'll probably continue the good ending when I get around to it.
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

if anyone has played through the shizune and the lilly/hanako route, have any of you noticed that Yuuko is in two different places at once? how does she do it D:

--edit--
PS. does anyone else besides me always hesitate when clicking exit because it looks like the chibi Hanako doesn't want you to go? Don't worry Hanako, i'll be back.
viduuskamen

Post by viduuskamen »

Terrato wrote: PS. does anyone else besides me always hesitate when clicking exit because it looks like the chibi Hanako doesn't want you to go? Don't worry Hanako, i'll be back.
Yes :cry:
"It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure."
-Rykn

[I feel like a giant jerk for completing the game.]
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

Terrato wrote:PS. does anyone else besides me always hesitate when clicking exit because it looks like the chibi Hanako doesn't want you to go? Don't worry Hanako, i'll be back.
Every time T-T
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
shadowbb

Post by shadowbb »

I see it the other way around. She wants me to click it so I can follow her into story mode! *clicks go to library for the 23849356298562905602739452 time*
**Library 100% complete.**

1. Lilly *Done*
2. Hanako *Done*
3. Emi *Done*
4. Rin *Done*
5. Shizune *Done*
Zet

Post by Zet »

Rizzo wrote:I just finished the Hanako path.

My compliments - brilliantly written. But there's a problem now.

I want more! I want to see what happens past that kiss and how they progress together.

Perhaps I'm just being greedy, but I felt like Hanako's story, while ending on a happy note, was missing some scenes of her and Hisao enjoying their new relationship together.
Everyone wants to see more of Hanako and her new relationship ;A;
Emberflash
Location: Somewhere where I can conduct my evil plans in peace.

Post by Emberflash »

I've done two of the three endings with Hanako now (neutral and the bad ending)... the latter of which I absolutely did not want to do, no matter what.

I'd heard rumors of a purported "bad ending" that had people literally in tears, and I was determined to never find it. Unfortunately, I took the path on accident, thinking I was taking the happy path that I missed originally.

I bawled like a baby. I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Hanako and Octavia, I love you forever. <3
Whammy

Post by Whammy »

I just finished doing all three of the Hanako routes, starting from Bad (I heard how bad it was and boy was it bad) to Neutral (...it was very neutraly) to Good.

I have to say, when I first heard of this game Hanako was the character that interested me the most. Admittedly, part of it is because I got that weak spot for the shyer characters that need 'protecting'...and I think this route did a wonderful job of deconstructing that particular type of character. Admittedly, coming out of Clannad (still my favorite series period, but Katawa Shoujo based on this one route is in 2nd ^_^), I was sort of expecting some similarities with the Kotomi route, but was pleasantly surprised that wasn't the case. I haven't even touched the other girl's routes except in the Act I Demo, and already I feel like Hanako is going to be my favorite out of all of them.

The only thing is, I didn't like the H-scene, and will probably from this point onward keep the option checked for "Disable adult content". Part of it was me feeling uncomfortable on many, many levels; I've never been big on such things in the first place, my first real VN being Clannad makes kind of think they can lessen the story (not so bad in this case though), and morally since her reasoning for doing it makes me feel rather guilty. So yeah, I'll probably keep the Adult Content off. Of course now I got the image stuck in the gallery (no way to censor or remove it I presume? I'm not really interested in seeing it when I go to look at the other images there...)

And on a random note, am I the only one who got distracted by the muffins during the closing image of the route? I really don't know why I got so distracted by them...
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

Whammy wrote:And on a random note, am I the only one who got distracted by the muffins during the closing image of the route? I really don't know why I got so distracted by them...
Because muffins are delicious. *nods sagely*
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

Emberflash wrote:I've done two of the three endings with Hanako now (neutral and the bad ending)... the latter of which I absolutely did not want to do, no matter what.

I'd heard rumors of a purported "bad ending" that had people literally in tears, and I was determined to never find it. Unfortunately, I took the path on accident, thinking I was taking the happy path that I missed originally.

I bawled like a baby. I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I'm afraid to try out the bad ending, i doubt my heart can bear it yet... ^^
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I'm afraid to try out the bad ending, i doubt my heart can bear it yet... ^^
Prepare yourself for an extreme guilt trip and a painful re-evaluation on why you were drawn to Hanako so much in the first place. More than any other bad end, Hanako's downer ending seems adressed to not just Hisao (who does go out of line), but also the player.
Part of it was me feeling uncomfortable on many, many levels;
That was probably the idea behind the scene. If it had felt warm and fuzzy, the scene in the park wouldn't have taken place.
konoa

Post by konoa »

Finally finished hanakos route and i have to say, its the first route i got the bad end before the good.

I looked up why after i played through again and changed some choices and realized the choice that leads to her bad end. My original reasoning on that choice is that hanako was like me through most of highschool. I was bullied in middle school and we moved around a lot, so i decided that making friends wasn't worth the time and heartache of knowing i would be moving at the end of the year anyway.

So, i thought to leave hanako alone at that moment. Then when it came to the ending part i tried to choose for him to listen to lilly, knowing that Hanako would be perfectly fine if he waited a day or so to talk to her until AFTER she locked herself in the room. But, he ignores me? So, the bad ending didn't feel so bad, because it wasn't me getting yelled at, it was the stupid idiot of a main character on the screen that did this, if he had listened to ME the magic voice inside his head trying to tell him what to do he would have at LEAST not been screamed at.

And then i thought about it a bit more. I would still be the way i was if i hadn't found friends in highschool that had broken me out of it. After we knew we would be staying here for my mom to go to college, people from my class saw me reading and invited me to book club. From there, i started making friends who actually told me to get up if i was moping around or reading too much. I still love to read, i always have, but now i do go out more and talk to my friends that i knew in highschool.

So, i now know why it leads to a bad ending. Kinda. Im not going to read it again, because if i do it might actually have a greater emotional impact on me. Ill read it later, my original plan was to read all the bad endings like the good, one route a day, for 5 days or so. But a week after the good endings. So in a week or so ill read it, along with Rin's.

Instead, i will read the good ending again. That ending was sweet, and looked like everything was headed in a much nicer direction.
Whammy

Post by Whammy »

Ryto wrote:
Whammy wrote:And on a random note, am I the only one who got distracted by the muffins during the closing image of the route? I really don't know why I got so distracted by them...
Because muffins are delicious. *nods sagely*
It was the zooming I think. As the screen zoomed out the muffins took up a large screen, and then my eyes just kind of got stuck on them cause it was a bit of "WTF Muffins?" thing going on and my mind is instantly drawn to "WTF?" things.

Though I sort of liked how the people around theme were kind of looking at them with a bit of a "Aww, how sweet are those two?" look on their faces.
Guest Poster wrote:
Part of it was me feeling uncomfortable on many, many levels;
That was probably the idea behind the scene. If it had felt warm and fuzzy, the scene in the park wouldn't have taken place.
Actually, in all honesty, I was more uncomfortable with the H-scene itself XD. Was my first time trying to go through one (Clannad doesn't have them, and that Let's Play of FSN I read once skipped over the images and had some interesting censorship for the words), and was only doing it once to see what an H-scene looked like and ended up just skipping it all. Yeah...not doing that again XD.

The park scene just made it worse in hindsight really.
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

Whammy wrote:
It was the zooming I think. As the screen zoomed out the muffins took up a large screen, and then my eyes just kind of got stuck on them cause it was a bit of "WTF Muffins?" thing going on and my mind is instantly drawn to "WTF?" things.

Though I sort of liked how the people around theme were kind of looking at them with a bit of a "Aww, how sweet are those two?" look on their faces.
Except for maybe that one guy on the far right who looks almost like "Oh, lord, true love is happening again, I need a drink". But still, the muffins do give us handy shorthand for the scene. :)
Yozul

Post by Yozul »

I have to say, I didn't mind Hanako's bad ending at all. In fact I kinda liked it.

I guess I just feel like... well, not all the things that make us grow and become better people are good things. Sometimes the terrible stuff has even more important lessons. I got her good ending playing through her route naturally, and I had heard the bad ending was... really bad. So I was prepared for the worst, but still. I guess I felt like she recognized what Hisao was doing, recognized she wanted nothing to do with it and stood up for herself. Sure it was an unhappy scene, and she probably didn't handle the situation in the best possible way, but when I watched that scene more than anything else I felt proud of her.

Then I watched her neutral ending and it felt like I got punched in the gut. She just... gave up. Hisao was just a little bit less of a stupid, pushy jerk and she just let him treat her like a child. It was just really sad, especially after seeing what she really wanted and what she was really capable of in the other endings. After everything that had happened they had gone nowhere and learned nothing. It hurt to watch that ending, and I'm never doing it again.