The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Misfile17

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Misfile17 »

Hanako's scars are part of her, theres no changing that, Like you I would be pissed off if someone said that, One of the biggest lessons KS has to teach is that you look beyond the superficial to the person they are, not what they look like, Hanako is beautiful scars and all.
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

Misfile17 wrote:Hanako's scars are part of her, theres no changing that, Like you I would be pissed off if someone said that, One of the biggest lessons KS has to teach is that you look beyond the superficial to the person they are, not what they look like, Hanako is beautiful scars and all.
Hanako IS beautiful scars?
And yea, the outside is one thing, the insides is another.
It(especially Hanako's route) also taught us, what you think is right, is not always right for them, just as both Lilly and Hisao thought they were doing it for her best, but it was the opposite
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

chicunsu wrote:
Misfile17 wrote:Hanako's scars are part of her, theres no changing that, Like you I would be pissed off if someone said that, One of the biggest lessons KS has to teach is that you look beyond the superficial to the person they are, not what they look like, Hanako is beautiful scars and all.
Hanako IS beautiful scars?
And yea, the outside is one thing, the insides is another.
It(especially Hanako's route) also taught us, what you think is right, is not always right for them, just as both Lilly and Hisao thought they were doing it for her best, but it was the opposite
Exactly, KS has taught us so many things, I love it so much, *cries* xD
Yozul

Post by Yozul »

Brogurt wrote:In reality, I feel like it might have been better this way. It means I can say that, while Hisao fucked up by kind-of sort-of raping Hanako, I fucked up as well, and neither of us is perfect. Neither is liberated from having made bad decisions, and while they will haunt us, we can salvage ourselves, move forward, and repair what has been done.
Okay, no. Just no. You're white-knighting again.

I'd better explain that, huh?

Okay, that scene was incredibly miserable and awkward. Hanako clearly wasn't enjoying herself, and Hisao was worried about that very thing himself the next day, and rightly so. Given what he knew at the time it was a very real possibility that he had raped her, and it was totally stupid of him to have gone through with it.

But here's the thing: Hanako flat-out admits later on that she went into that room fully intending to seduce him. She was doing it for poorly thought out reasons, and if Hisao had realized what she was doing and why she was doing it he'd be... well, not really a rapist, but certainly a total sleaze-ball that was taking advantage of her. But that's not what really happened. He was just as messed-up and confused as she was.

I have to ask, when two kids come together and make a stupid decision for stupid reasons, why do you believe that makes the guy a rapist and the girl a victim?

I'm sorry, I just... I went into this whole storyline expecting not to like it very much. Hanako didn't give me the impression of being a girl I would like very much at first. I started her storyline out of simple curiosity, and I stuck with it because she never did any of the things that I expected I wouldn't like about her. It wasn't really until the confrontation at the very end where it really sunk in for me who she was and why she did the things she did and then she basically demanded to be treated as an equal... Well, let's just say I think her ending may be my favorite. Not the one I identify with the most maybe, but yeah, I think it is my favorite.

I just feel like treating her like she's a victim because she made a stupid decision disrespects all my favorite things about her character. She deserves credit for where she ended up, and I think that doing that properly means acknowledging the mistakes she made along the way as well.
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

Yozul wrote:
Brogurt wrote:In reality, I feel like it might have been better this way. It means I can say that, while Hisao fucked up by kind-of sort-of raping Hanako, I fucked up as well, and neither of us is perfect. Neither is liberated from having made bad decisions, and while they will haunt us, we can salvage ourselves, move forward, and repair what has been done.
Okay, no. Just no. You're white-knighting again.

I'd better explain that, huh?

Okay, that scene was incredibly miserable and awkward. Hanako clearly wasn't enjoying herself, and Hisao was worried about that very thing himself the next day, and rightly so. Given what he knew at the time it was a very real possibility that he had raped her, and it was totally stupid of him to have gone through with it.

But here's the thing: Hanako flat-out admits later on that she went into that room fully intending to seduce him. She was doing it for poorly thought out reasons, and if Hisao had realized what she was doing and why she was doing it he'd be... well, not really a rapist, but certainly a total sleaze-ball that was taking advantage of her. But that's not what really happened. He was just as messed-up and confused as she was.

I have to ask, when two kids come together and make a stupid decision for stupid reasons, why do you believe that makes the guy a rapist and the girl a victim?

I'm sorry, I just... I went into this whole storyline expecting not to like it very much. Hanako didn't give me the impression of being a girl I would like very much at first. I started her storyline out of simple curiosity, and I stuck with it because she never did any of the things that I expected I wouldn't like about her. It wasn't really until the confrontation at the very end where it really sunk in for me who she was and why she did the things she did and then she basically demanded to be treated as an equal... Well, let's just say I think her ending may be my favorite. Not the one I identify with the most maybe, but yeah, I think it is my favorite.

I just feel like treating her like she's a victim because she made a stupid decision disrespects all my favorite things about her character. She deserves credit for where she ended up, and I think that doing that properly means acknowledging the mistakes she made along the way as well.
Yea, repair what we have done?
You can think about it, but decisions in life can't be directly changed. DONE is DONE, you can't first go and as here, make stupid decisions, then go back and repair it.
and then most likely you think "I didn't mean that, i meant, repairing it and trying again" or something, that's more right, but that's not repairing.
If you make stupid decisions like this, then the next time you try sex, DO NOT LET IT BE TO "TRY AGAIN"... I feel that what they did can't be called true sex. Because neither of them was into it, both of them was literally out of it. Next time you do it, do it cuz both want to. And know that what you did back then wasn't sex, so don't be afraid of doing it again.

Is what i think at least~
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Yozul wrote:It's not rape.
The point is that it was due to a misunderstanding and both parties ended up regretting it. Here, have some quotes.
My first reaction is disbelief but... I did do it with her after all. I had plenty of opportunities where I could have stopped things, stepped back, and questioned what we were doing. In the end, though, I didn't.
A horrible feeling rises in the pit of my stomach. She offered herself to me because of what she thought I wanted, and now, it feels like I took advantage of her. She may have been willing, but only under false premises.
Yozul

Post by Yozul »

Brogurt wrote:The point is that it was due to a misunderstanding and both parties ended up regretting it. Here, have some quotes.
Wait, what? That's what I said. My point is that comparing it to rape belittles Hanako's self-determination.

Unless by "kind-of sort-of" you actually meant not at all, except Hisao thought it might have been. Did you mean that? If so I apologize for the misunderstanding. If not I'm still confused.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Suddenly i just thought of a strange question.

How did Hanako manage her living expenses and school fees?

The school fees are high for sure.
No parents. No relative. No job.

:?
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Snelx wrote:Suddenly i just thought of a strange question.

How did Hanako manage her living expenses and school fees?

The school fees are high for sure.
No parents. No relative. No job.

:?
Inheritance maybe? or other family members supporting her. That's what I thought about it.
Zerix

Post by Zerix »

I believe Aura answered this question in the Ask! topic by implying that Hanako's parents may have been rich and may have left her a lot of money (or may very well have had great life insurance plans!) You never really know. It wasn't meant to be fully explained, I think. Nor was it meant to be worried about. We were just supposed to know that Hanako was fine when it came to money.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

it is just a normal sex for both of them.
both 'silently' agreed to do it. there is no force.
Just that none of them enjoyed it as much as they think they would.
A horrible feeling rises in the pit of my stomach. She offered herself to me because of what she thought I wanted, and now, it feels like I took advantage of her. She may have been willing, but only under false premises.
Hanako wants to be in the eyes of Hisao; as a potential candidate as a girlfriend.
She mentioned she thought Hisao is looking for a girlfriend, and feels insecure as Hisao getting along well with Yuuko.

Therefore, she offered herself to Hisao because she thought he wanted a girlfriend.

And Hisao feels that he took advantage of her, because he didn't know what is her intention for offering her body to him.
He just take it, and didn't consider about Hanako..

Hisao has already be in love with Hanako.
Hisao didn't feel that he raped Hanako, but instead he feel guilt for doing it.
Because at that point of time, he is still unsure of Hanako's feelings.
He feels that he took advantage of that situation when Hanako is undressed.
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Zerix wrote:I believe Aura answered this question in the Ask! topic by implying that Hanako's parents may have been rich and may have left her a lot of money (or may very well have had great life insurance plans!) You never really know. It wasn't meant to be fully explained, I think. Nor was it meant to be worried about. We were just supposed to know that Hanako was fine when it came to money.
I see. Thanks for answering. Time to search forum :?

- Rykn

Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Snelx wrote:
it is just a normal sex for both of them.
both 'silently' agreed to do it. there is no force.
Just that none of them enjoyed it as much as they think they would.
Hanako wants to be in the eyes of Hisao; as a potential candidate as a girlfriend.
She mentioned she thought Hisao is looking for a girlfriend, and feels insecure as Hisao getting along well with Yuuko.

Therefore, she offered herself to Hisao because she thought he wanted a girlfriend.

And Hisao feels that he took advantage of her, because he didn't know what is her intention for offering her body to him.
He just take it, and didn't consider about Hanako..

Hisao has already be in love with Hanako.
Hisao didn't feel that he raped Hanako, but instead he feel guilt for doing it.
Because at that point of time, he is still unsure of Hanako's feelings.
He feels that he took advantage of that situation when Hanako is undressed.
Well explained, that's how I saw it to, but I'm so glad they end up together like they do
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Misfile17 wrote: Well explained, that's how I saw it to, but I'm so glad they end up together like they do
yup! manly tears at the last scene. ;_;

- Rykn

Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Snelx wrote:
Misfile17 wrote: Well explained, that's how I saw it to, but I'm so glad they end up together like they do
yup! manly tears at the last scene. ;_;
Mine probably weren't so manly, I was crying my eyes out, :D but I'm not ashamed of that, KS is so amazing and has really affected me. I love it so much