The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Poly
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Poly » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:53 pm

~ J O K 3 R ~ wrote:
Brogurt wrote:
~ J O K 3 R ~ wrote: And yes of course the fanfic :3 And I saw in the other blog of who had the better route and I must say, I am a happy camper ^^
Could you elaborate on this?
It may be something I might be interested in.
When skimming to some threads here, I found a thread on which had the best route and as you know I voted for Hanako xP

And when you see the results, it clearly showed that Hanako is in the lead. I don't know now, but hopefully she still is in the lead.
I think Hanako's story is in the lead because of how it builds itself up. It makes the perfect atmosphere and everything around it blend in quite easily. So it draws and sucks you in that much more. Hanako herself is a great character because I think we can relate to her with something we all experienced once regarding if its bullying or loneliness. The ending while good could've been better.

Also Hanako's story is the shortest technically in time as it ends BEFORE Lily comes back from sweden and before she finds out she her family invites her back to live there. (They could've even worked off of that.)

User avatar
Brogurt
Posts: 671
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:07 pm
Contact:

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Brogurt » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Misfile17 wrote:Thats the message of Hanako's story I think, Being able to overcome her shyness and reveal her full feelings for Hisao without being reserved about it, :D
But that's not the extent of the problems she's been facing. Are we just supposed to take this in the same way that we have to accept that we can't cure Lilly's blindness or Rin's lack of arms?

Misfile17
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: West Lulworth, United Kingdom

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Misfile17 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:58 pm

That's not what I meant, Just that it seemed like a fitting conclusion for the character, because the initial problem is her shyness, and inability to open up to someone, and unlike Rin or Lilly it's something that can be worked on....Sorry I don't think I'm making much sense

User avatar
Brogurt
Posts: 671
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:07 pm
Contact:

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Brogurt » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:07 pm

If you're trying to say that the end serves as a beginning of sorts, perhaps for getting past her remaining issues, then yes, that's absolutely true. But the very word "beginning" is antonymous with "end". And a lot of us are upset about that. Upset about Hanako's route not having a proper ending, that is. I don't think that anyone's mad that beginnings and ends are opposites.

Misfile17
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: West Lulworth, United Kingdom

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Misfile17 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Yeah something along those lines, I agree with the people ( yourself included ) that it didn't seem like a proper end, but at the same time I also think it was left that way for a reason, for us to interpret it our own way or picture their future as we would like to see it, Similar to how sometimes in Animé or manga sometimes they don't always end in the exact way we want them to, maybe that was the intention?

User avatar
Harco
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Harco » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Brogurt wrote:Obviously, telling Miki that you do like her could have reinforced that romantic feelings are present on Hisao's side, and that he doesn't just want to friendzone Hanako. No questions there, I hope.
I don't know... My first answer was to just admit to Miki that I liked Hanako -- I never like it when people pretend to be 'just friends' while there's obviously something more. However, the moment I admitted it to Miki, Hisao had a internal monologue about wanting to protect Hanako. I literally facepalmed, because I had just completed Emi's route and White Knighting is something I wanted to avoid. So I reloaded my save file, chose to deny it and that had Hisao admit to himself that he at least felt something more for Hanako than he was letting on, but without the "I will protect her!" thoughts. Ultimately it just postponed the inevitable, of course (I really would've liked more choice here), but still... I don't think admitting it is obviously the better choice.

User avatar
Brogurt
Posts: 671
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:07 pm
Contact:

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Brogurt » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Harco wrote: I don't know... My first answer was to just admit to Miki that I liked Hanako -- I never like it when people pretend to be 'just friends' while there's obviously something more. However, the moment I admitted it to Miki, Hisao had a internal monologue about wanting to protect Hanako. I literally facepalmed, because I had just completed Emi's route and White Knighting is something I wanted to avoid. So I reloaded my save file, chose to deny it and that had Hisao admit to himself that he at least felt something more for Hanako than he was letting on, but without the "I will protect her!" thoughts. Ultimately it just postponed the inevitable, of course (I really would've liked more choice here), but still... I don't think admitting it is obviously the better choice.
After replaying that scene, that is kind of odd. Maybe Hisao himself has a warped view of love at that moment in the path. The way Miki and him talk about it (in both responses), with the distinctions between friends and girl/boyfriends, gives the impression that he thinks that, in order to be Hanako's boyfriend, he must be her white knight. Okay, but later on in the story, he'll say that he's just her friend to her face while still seeing himself as a guardian or white knight.

Poly
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Poly » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:53 pm

I just noticed something about Hanako's path. It is noticeably the shortest one out of all of them. Not Scene wise but time wise.

Note: Big Spoilers on Lily's and Hanako's side so I decided to just spoiler tag the whole thing.

Secondly this is all SPECULATION as in I ASSUME this happens after the ending.

Her path ends BEFORE Lily comes back from her trip to scotland and before Summer break. As a result before the Summer Festival where Lily would have to be leaving to stay with her family (Hisao was chasing after Lily and had the heart attack in her timeline causing them to miss the festival

This of course leaves a few things open such as Lily permanently leaving and Hanako only then gaining a friend to speak to. (The girl working with the newspaper)

It was only after re-playing Hanako and LIly's route that I noticed Something Hisao had said that it was indeed the girl sitting next to Hanako which opens up to her instead of Hanako opening up to the girl... therefore wouldn't we assume that it works the same way if Hanako and Hisao are already closer? The girl opens up to Hanako and since Hanako is already trying to be more social and is working to break down the walls with Hisao then wouldn't Hisao go and end up working in the newspaper club with Hanako and her new friend?

So wouldn't it then be good to speculate that Hisao ends up going traveling with Hanako and her new friend AFTER the school year as Lily has left to permanently be with her family.


Of course this is all speculation.

Am I thinking to much or am I just desperate for some closure here?
Last edited by Poly on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sporkaganza
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by sporkaganza » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:56 pm

why do you keep saying sweden instead of scotland
100% completion!
Whatever you do, be safe!

User avatar
sirdakz03
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:34 am

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by sirdakz03 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Poly wrote:I just noticed something about Hanako's path. It is noticeably the shortest one out of all of them. Not Scene wise but time wise.

Note: Big Spoilers on Lily's and Hanako's side so I decided to just spoiler tag the whole thing.

Secondly this is all SPECULATION as in I ASSUME this happens after the ending.

Her path ends BEFORE Lily comes back from her trip to scotland and before Summer break. As a result before the Summer Festival where Lily would have to be leaving to stay with her family (Hisao was chasing after Lily and had the heart attack in her timeline causing them to miss the festival

This of course leaves a few things open such as Lily permanently leaving and Hanako only then gaining a friend to speak to. (The girl working with the newspaper)

It was only after re-playing Hanako and LIly's route that I noticed Something Hisao had said that it was indeed the girl sitting next to Hanako which opens up to her instead of Hanako opening up to the girl... therefore wouldn't we assume that it works the same way if Hanako and Hisao are already closer? The girl opens up to Hanako and since Hanako is already trying to be more social and is working to break down the walls with Hisao then wouldn't Hisao go and end up working in the newspaper club with Hanako and her new friend?

So wouldn't it then be good to speculate that Hisao ends up going traveling with Hanako and her new friend AFTER the school year as Lily has left to permanently be with her family.


Of course this is all speculation.

Am I thinking to much or am I just desperate for some closure here?
That would be a very good speculation there. I would have thought the same thing, but I ended up repeating Hanako's route thrice already. I'm acting like a dummy... :cry:
Image

Guest

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:54 pm

In my imagined Hanako epilogue, most of the stuff that happened in Lilly's route still happens, except that Hisao is with Hanako instead. They go on vacation with her to Hokkaido, Hanako joins the club, etc. I think Hanako making new friends who aren't Hisao would be a nice test of whether he's serious about not being jealous/overprotective. It might also lead to him getting off his butt and doing some extracurriculars of his own, maybe running with Emi. I also imagine them throwing a surprise party for Lilly when she goes away at the end. It'd be a nice callback to Hanako's birthday party.

And of course, some dating and sex that involves actual enjoyment.

User avatar
Snelx
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:44 am

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Snelx » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:01 am

Poly wrote:I just noticed something about Hanako's path. It is noticeably the shortest one out of all of them. Not Scene wise but time wise.

Note: Big Spoilers on Lily's and Hanako's side so I decided to just spoiler tag the whole thing.

Secondly this is all SPECULATION as in I ASSUME this happens after the ending.

Her path ends BEFORE Lily comes back from her trip to scotland and before Summer break. As a result before the Summer Festival where Lily would have to be leaving to stay with her family (Hisao was chasing after Lily and had the heart attack in her timeline causing them to miss the festival

This of course leaves a few things open such as Lily permanently leaving and Hanako only then gaining a friend to speak to. (The girl working with the newspaper)

It was only after re-playing Hanako and LIly's route that I noticed Something Hisao had said that it was indeed the girl sitting next to Hanako which opens up to her instead of Hanako opening up to the girl... therefore wouldn't we assume that it works the same way if Hanako and Hisao are already closer? The girl opens up to Hanako and since Hanako is already trying to be more social and is working to break down the walls with Hisao then wouldn't Hisao go and end up working in the newspaper club with Hanako and her new friend?

So wouldn't it then be good to speculate that Hisao ends up going traveling with Hanako and her new friend AFTER the school year as Lily has left to permanently be with her family.
Maybe that is why Hanako route end with a beginning?
So that there are possibilities of such events (in Lily route) to unfold in the future :)
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'

Poly
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Poly » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:10 am

Snelx wrote:
Poly wrote:I just noticed something about Hanako's path. It is noticeably the shortest one out of all of them. Not Scene wise but time wise.

Note: Big Spoilers on Lily's and Hanako's side so I decided to just spoiler tag the whole thing.

Secondly this is all SPECULATION as in I ASSUME this happens after the ending.

Her path ends BEFORE Lily comes back from her trip to scotland and before Summer break. As a result before the Summer Festival where Lily would have to be leaving to stay with her family (Hisao was chasing after Lily and had the heart attack in her timeline causing them to miss the festival

This of course leaves a few things open such as Lily permanently leaving and Hanako only then gaining a friend to speak to. (The girl working with the newspaper)

It was only after re-playing Hanako and LIly's route that I noticed Something Hisao had said that it was indeed the girl sitting next to Hanako which opens up to her instead of Hanako opening up to the girl... therefore wouldn't we assume that it works the same way if Hanako and Hisao are already closer? The girl opens up to Hanako and since Hanako is already trying to be more social and is working to break down the walls with Hisao then wouldn't Hisao go and end up working in the newspaper club with Hanako and her new friend?

So wouldn't it then be good to speculate that Hisao ends up going traveling with Hanako and her new friend AFTER the school year as Lily has left to permanently be with her family.
Maybe that is why Hanako route end with a beginning?
So that there are possibilities of such events (in Lily route) to unfold in the future :)
Thats what I'm thinking of myself that perhaps the end is a new beginning for both of them.

Of course this only makes me want to see further closure for her own path because technically Hisao gets into a relationship with all the characters except for Hanako except for at the end which is what bugs me because this game handles relationships extremely well so to see it break off right when it starts to do what it does best is a little disheartening.

chicunsu
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by chicunsu » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:24 pm

I might be missing that someone has has mentioned it already, but it's one detail that struck me after watching the Hanako ending again.
Normally, she hates her scars and tries to hide them, but when she's kissing Hisao, something that makes her really visible to everyone. The side of her that ppl can see (from our perspective) IS the one with the scars.
I would think she at least would turn around, so those ppl wouldn't see the scars, but when she's doing it, she's showing everyone her scars, while kissing and smiling... and being happy.... *Melts away cuz of too much D'AWWW factor*
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability

Misfile17
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: West Lulworth, United Kingdom

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Misfile17 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:27 pm

chicunsu wrote:I might be missing that someone has has mentioned it already, but it's one detail that struck me after watching the Hanako ending again.
Normally, she hates her scars and tries to hide them, but when she's kissing Hisao, something that makes her really visible to everyone. The side of her that ppl can see (from our perspective) IS the one with the scars.
I would think she at least would turn around, so those ppl wouldn't see the scars, but when she's doing it, she's showing everyone her scars, while kissing and smiling... and being happy.... *Melts away cuz of too much D'AWWW factor*
That's the biggest point that a lot of people didn't notice right away, I thought it was an amazing ending because it show's how much she's changed and is ready to show everyone, including Hisao how she really feels, I think the ending was good and it leaves it open for us to picture how we want their relationsip to progress, It was incredibly sweet and heartwarming,

Post Reply