The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Grayfox

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Grayfox »

Finally got myself registered. But yeah, I haven't even given my point of view on the path. Overall, it was really good. It actually caught me off guard with a few things that were listed within the story. It also helped me to change my opinion a bit more about a couple of characters, showing that even outside of their own paths, the developed beyond what their original portrayal was. The only things I'd have liked to see would have been an epilogue, kinda like in the Lilly path, that might have shown some of how Hisao and Hanako act as a couple, and how some of the other characters act, since a lot of people where apparently talking, even though we all know that once something like that is actually confirmed, that can lead to the situation being seen differently.

Well that, and I would have liked to have seen moar Miki. I imagine that will probably happen on the Emi path, though.
Last edited by Grayfox on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... The only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in."
-Frank Jaegar

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Emi, Hanako, Lilly, Rin, Shizune

Current Path: Hanako (2nd Playthrough)
Eora

Post by Eora »

How exactly do you get the H-scene with Hanako?
I kinda failed, got the bad ending first ehe.
"Enjoy life and... shut up."
- Said by me when I had friends at my place and we were eating meatballs.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Eora wrote:How exactly do you get the H-scene with Hanako?
First choice doesn't matter
you probably should say that you like her
Go out into town with her
and take Lilly's advice
Eora

Post by Eora »

Brogurt wrote:
Eora wrote:How exactly do you get the H-scene with Hanako?
First choice doesn't matter
you probably should say that you like her
Go out into town with her
and take Lilly's advice

Thanx a bunch.

Now time for Rins route, hehe ~
"Enjoy life and... shut up."
- Said by me when I had friends at my place and we were eating meatballs.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

i love this path .... i lost hope for a second when she was drunk thinking OMG they are gonna have a sex scene here but it did happing ... best writing and music in a H game / VN i ever play ... i think ill start Emi's path next
Hanako-San

Post by Hanako-San »

Even though I'm just repeating myself, I loved the cutscene.

And Misha calling us lovers made me laugh, surprisingly.
Misterbadguy

Post by Misterbadguy »

Literally just finished with the path, got the "Disagree with Lily" ending first, then the proper good ending.

Stunning, honestly. Raemz/weee's artwork for the CGs was fantastic, the writing hit the right marks and the ero-scene didn't feel forced. I think the quality of the animated cutscene honestly goes without saying. The ending, of course, was touching as I expected, and left it at a satisfying note. Plus, Billiards and Jazz? Whoever thought that up deserves a goddamned medal.

It also sparked my interest in Lilly's path, mostly because lol Scotland. Always good to see your country represented in game.
HAZING
DearFear

Post by DearFear »

It's pointless. I finished Hanako path and it was awesome! I wanted more and more of it, but there was none(i heard Hitler wanted more to). I decided to try another path. It was pointless. All i could think of was Hanako. Right now i feel a mix of rage,joy and desire.
Good work ppl!
Purple_Hair_Lover

Post by Purple_Hair_Lover »

FYI I didn't read anything in this thread since i'm playing it right now and don't want to spoil myself.

I just found myself watching Hanako, Lilly and Akira getting drunk. The first thought I had was "NOOOO YOU'LL FALL OFF THE ROOF!" even though they are in Lilly's room.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

I suppose I might also want to bring up the role of Hisao's heart. It honestly felt like it was cheaply handwaived in one of the monologues where Hisao says something like "my heart hasn't been a problem thanks to the relaxed lifestyle Hanako and I have." I know that Emi's path is probably the fitness one, but I don't think that something like this should be made into a nonissue. And I wasn't quite satisfied with the role it played during/after the sex scene either. He tells himself to go slow at first, but doesn't follow through, and post-climax, he starts having problems, then takes deep breaths and is suddenly done with it. It doesn't even seem possible to suffer a heart-attack or any related problems on Hanako's route. I know that this is the Hanako path, not the Hisao path, but I'd have figured that the Act 1 intro would have retained a little more of its significance.
Hamadyne

Post by Hamadyne »

I came here to say what has pretty much been said before:

Hanako looked goddamn gorgeous in that dress/hat combo. And also played billiards, WITH jazz music in the background. Medals need to be awarded.
The H-scene was well-written, too, and the good ending was very satisfying. I got the feeling that they'll be all right.
techk8

Post by techk8 »

First of all, great job KS devs. I was planning to gun the Hanako route since Act 1 and I kept true to my word. Virtually everything was pretty damn good; as mentioned, the jazz club was awesome. What bothers me is his emphasis or lack thereof on his heart condition. I mean, sure, Hiaso showing his scar and his heart hurting after the ero scene shed some light but I honestly thought it could have been fleshed a bit more, a bit better. My own two cents. Other then that, I FUCKING LOVE THIS VN/GAME/WHATEVER.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Misterbadguy

Post by Misterbadguy »

What's the decision that prompts the bad ending where she chews Hisao out for being overprotective?
HAZING
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Misterbadguy wrote:What's the decision that prompts the bad ending where she chews Hisao out for being overprotective?
Don't go into town
And then it doesn't matter whether you heed Lilly's advice or not
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Brogurt wrote:
Misterbadguy wrote:What's the decision that prompts the bad ending where she chews Hisao out for being overprotective?
Don't go into town
And then it doesn't matter whether you heed Lilly's advice or not
Bad->Call it a day->Door slam
Neutral->Go to city->Do not listen to Lilly (Purity Sue is ALWAYS right.)->Chess
Good->Go to city->Listen to Lilly->Remember to turn your water lines off

I thought I shed enough tears for Lilly this morning. I outright turned on the taps for Hanako, multiple times.

Honestly, the ending is perfect. That one act alone is enough to show you how much Hanako's changed since Hisao first met her.
Lilly <3
:D

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Shizune, Rin

Current Path: Lilly, again.