Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

LoneWolf

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by LoneWolf »

I gave it a 1 in haste right after I finished because I got the bad ending

I really want the good ending but I wish I knew which options to pick now, I don't feel like spending time playing guess and skip. The last act really got me angry and depressed though, I guess that is what a writer is supposed to do though, make you feel for the characters and that was accomplished. Good on 'em. Very rough though.
DemonOfRandgris

Post by DemonOfRandgris »

LoneWolf wrote:[Quoted text]
Be honest with her. Tell her everything. The more open you are with her, the better chances of hitting her Good End
G3n0c1de wrote:Harvey Dent is not moe.
Random Kiwi

Post by Random Kiwi »

To be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure why some people found difficulty in finding Lilly's good ending - the first act basically makes you Hisao be upfront and honest about everything to her.

That said, I'll admit that I panicked when Hisao reached the airport, only to get a heart attack but she was right there and what did I do wrong whyyyy Then I kept reading.

And while I slightly regret not saving this path for last, I can already tell that I'm going to revisit this one. Lilly was always one of my favourite characters. This just cemented it for me. :P
Random Kiwi

Post by Random Kiwi »

Oh, and I despise double-posting, but I forgot to mention how much I lol'd when the chessboard cutin made its appearance. I actually had to stop for a moment when I got to that exact quote from the screenshot.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Random Kiwi wrote:Oh, and I despise double-posting,...
There is an edit-button...

Sorry, didn't notice you posted as a guest^^°
Last edited by Mirage_GSM on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
DemonOfRandgris

Post by DemonOfRandgris »

Not entirely sure if guests have access to that but anyway, the whole thing was unbelievable. It was late, and I knew I had to go to sleep but I HAD to keep going on to see if I could have a chance of bringing Lilly back. That last scene was amazing and so beautiful I damn near cried. Hell if I wasn't so tired I probably would have.
G3n0c1de wrote:Harvey Dent is not moe.
Lndbcn

Post by Lndbcn »

I'm not going to play any other route. This is how I want Hisao's story to end.

In hindsight, I should have known to do Lilly's route last. From Act I, I knew it would probably affect me the most, and hit closest to home, given that my wife is remarkably similar to Lilly (Blind, tall, blonde, better looking than I have any right to be near, and a very similar personality/temperment).

But holy shit, it hit way closer to home than even Act I prepared me for. The small aspects of a sighted+nonsighted relationshp. The musicbox. Lilly's personality being even closer to my wife's than Act I indicated, in both strengths and flaws. Having to do something foolish and life-threatening to prevent the world forcing us apart, but being completely indisputably worth the risk. Near the end of the story, when things were looking bleak, I'm not ashamed to admit I cried, because that HIsao was what I would have been had I tried and failed, a future that could easily have happened. The turnaround for the ending cheered me up immensely.

No entertainment product has ever hit me this hard emotionally.
Kisho

Post by Kisho »

It feels... Cheap, somehow, to compare the paths. I dunno. Yesterday was Lily day, and, well, my thoughts on the matter are earlier on in this thread: suffice to say it was an emotional rollercoaster, an utterly brilliant story that outshines any other romance story that I can think of.

Today I did Rin's path. I won't get into too much (I won't even mention stuff within spoiler tags, as this is the Lily thread, not the Rin one), but the short version is this: Rin's path made me think a lot more, but it didn't tug on the heartstrings as much. Don't get me wrong, it was certainly still emotional and a fantastic story. I just felt like it made me think, rather than feel.

Is that better or worse? Neither, I think. Both are great in their own way. No idea which heroine will be next...
Limbless

Post by Limbless »

Just to be sure, you all watched until after the credits, right?

Also, I came to KS for Lilly... and jesus. I ended up doing her route second (after Shizooooooooooon) and I kind of regret it. I don't want to do the others now. This is exactly what I wanted KS to be. And, honestly... then some.

I mean... holy shit.

Holy shit.

I'm gushing a bit, here, but... holy shit.
TenFootPirate

Post by TenFootPirate »

Lndbcn wrote:I'm not going to play any other route. This is how I want Hisao's story to end.

In hindsight, I should have known to do Lilly's route last. From Act I, I knew it would probably affect me the most, and hit closest to home, given that my wife is remarkably similar to Lilly (Blind, tall, blonde, better looking than I have any right to be near, and a very similar personality/temperment).

But holy shit, it hit way closer to home than even Act I prepared me for. The small aspects of a sighted+nonsighted relationshp. The musicbox. Lilly's personality being even closer to my wife's than Act I indicated, in both strengths and flaws. Having to do something foolish and life-threatening to prevent the world forcing us apart, but being completely indisputably worth the risk. Near the end of the story, when things were looking bleak, I'm not ashamed to admit I cried, because that HIsao was what I would have been had I tried and failed, a future that could easily have happened. The turnaround for the ending cheered me up immensely.

No entertainment product has ever hit me this hard emotionally.
Wow, I'm jealous of you.

But yeah, I am annoyed that I went after lilly first. After I got the good end, I was relatively unaffected by the hanako good end. GODDAMMIT SURIKO. or there is something wrong with me.
Valneron

Post by Valneron »

Was curious actually, seemed like a place to ask.

Anyone know the name of the song playing during Lilly's animated cutscene?
Kisho

Post by Kisho »

Seems like a long shot, but it can't hurt to ask.

Is there any chance of the picture of Lilly and Hisao hugging in the field to be made into a desktop background? Seems perfect for that role.

Or maybe it exists already: I just did a quick search of the Shimmie but couldn't spot it.

I'd be endlessly grateful if this became a thing. Thanks for any help that can be provided. :)
techk8

Post by techk8 »

So I finished Lilly's Route.
Remember how my only criticism for Hanako's route was lack of emphasis on condition and story after confession?
This route solved that. I may be exaggerating, but Lilly's route is the best. Hands down. And what I heard is true: save Lilly for last; everyone else's route is lacking.

RETROSPECT EDIT: I keep on repeating the confession and the good end scenes. Why do I do this to myself, why.
Last edited by techk8 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Crn

Post by Crn »

I think the piece is called Concord, you can look it up on Youtube.

I had no idea about VN's until yesterday, when /a/ spread the word to /v/. So i basically did a blind run until i hit the point when you first see Lilly sitting in the afternoon glow and Concord starts to play. I just knew that was the girl I wanted. I also didn't know anything about different endings and that there are good and bad ones. So when Lilly gets summoned by her parents I basically screamed at the screen because Hisao was so unwilling to take any form of action. I couldn't believe this was the end and there always remained a little glimmer of hope in my heart. Then the music box started to play.

Really great writing that played with my emotions.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I don't think you'll find any of the CGs in the shimmie.
You could just put KS on Fullscreen and make a screenshot.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.