Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

5
1453
71%
4
398
19%
3
114
6%
2
34
2%
1
56
3%
 
Total votes: 2055

Misfile17
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: West Lulworth, United Kingdom

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Misfile17 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:42 pm

yuastnav wrote:
Riku wrote:No, it doesn't at all. I finished the route yesterday evening, and what you said is what I spent last night and this morning doing, really. Just rethinking things and such. I know it's not too good to become so enveloped by the game, [...]
On one hand I would agree but on the other hand - why not?
It is no different than a movie, a book or a piece of music. What you should not do is use this game as an escape from everything. You can use it to distract yourself but you should try to stay in this world. ;)
If you think it changed you and made you a better person - awesome!
It probably changed a lot of us in one way or another and that is, most likely, really not a bad thing.
In a roundabout way I think that's what I was trying to get at xD

scoopnokes
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:47 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by scoopnokes » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Misfile17 wrote:
yuastnav wrote:
Riku wrote:No, it doesn't at all. I finished the route yesterday evening, and what you said is what I spent last night and this morning doing, really. Just rethinking things and such. I know it's not too good to become so enveloped by the game, [...]
On one hand I would agree but on the other hand - why not?
It is no different than a movie, a book or a piece of music. What you should not do is use this game as an escape from everything. You can use it to distract yourself but you should try to stay in this world. ;)
If you think it changed you and made you a better person - awesome!
It probably changed a lot of us in one way or another and that is, most likely, really not a bad thing.
In a roundabout way I think that's what I was trying to get at xD
can you say gateway drug?

User avatar
Riku
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Riku » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:44 pm

Let me just clarify it wasn't ONLY KS that made me think about a few things.

Misfile17
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: West Lulworth, United Kingdom

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Misfile17 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Riku wrote:Let me just clarify it wasn't ONLY KS that made me think about a few things.
I don't think the majority of us have only started thinking about things because of KS, I for one have been stuck in a rut for weeks, KS has made me start thinking in a more positive light but also made me sad in some ways, I think you probably know where I'm coming from

chicunsu
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by chicunsu » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Riku wrote:Let me just clarify it wasn't ONLY KS that made me think about a few things.
There is just 2 things, avaible to really change ppl.... KS and





COOKIES =D

but yea, for most of us, this game caused not really changes. It made us start to really think, and remember; THIS again caused the changes
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability

yuastnav
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:59 am

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by yuastnav » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:39 pm

chicunsu wrote:
Riku wrote:Let me just clarify it wasn't ONLY KS that made me think about a few things.
There is just 2 things, avaible to really change ppl.... KS and





COOKIES =D

but yea, for most of us, this game caused not really changes. It made us start to really think, and remember; THIS again caused the changes
I don't know. I like cake more myself, so... :p

Yeah, when the game was released it was already saddening because it meant that 4ls would disband and that it would not be possible to look forward to that anymore. It also heralds the end of katawa shoujo since it is now out there and basically a finished work.

Take it with stride. (:
"[...] it's just a ride."

Misfile17
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: West Lulworth, United Kingdom

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Misfile17 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:41 pm

yuastnav wrote:
chicunsu wrote:
Riku wrote:Let me just clarify it wasn't ONLY KS that made me think about a few things.
There is just 2 things, avaible to really change ppl.... KS and





COOKIES =D

but yea, for most of us, this game caused not really changes. It made us start to really think, and remember; THIS again caused the changes
I don't know. I like cake more myself, so... :p

Yeah, when the game was released it was already saddening because it meant that 4ls would disband and that it would not be possible to look forward to that anymore. It also heralds the end of katawa shoujo since it is now out there and basically a finished work.

Take it with stride. (:
We still have the memories of the build up to release, and the game itself though, and it isn't like we can't go back and play it, or think about it from time to time, As sad as it is that there will most likely never be a continuation of KS at least we still have it now, that's something right?

chicunsu
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by chicunsu » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Misfile17 wrote:We still have the memories of the build up to release, and the game itself though, and it isn't like we can't go back and play it, or think about it from time to time, As sad as it is that there will most likely never be a continuation of KS at least we still have it now, that's something right?
I really hope this community can keep going for a while. I've been on here for 4 years, only talked recently, but it would be sad if such an community would just disappear...
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability

Misfile17
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: West Lulworth, United Kingdom

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Misfile17 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:53 pm

chicunsu wrote:
Misfile17 wrote:We still have the memories of the build up to release, and the game itself though, and it isn't like we can't go back and play it, or think about it from time to time, As sad as it is that there will most likely never be a continuation of KS at least we still have it now, that's something right?
I really hope this community can keep going for a while. I've been on here for 4 years, only talked recently, but it would be sad if such an community would just disappear...
I can guarantee that I'll be sticking around, I don't have anyone else to share my feelings about the game and my experiences with so the forum is a good place to be, It would be nice if the Dev's could stick around for a while to, I hope it does continue on for a long time,

chicunsu
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by chicunsu » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Misfile17 wrote:
chicunsu wrote:
Misfile17 wrote:We still have the memories of the build up to release, and the game itself though, and it isn't like we can't go back and play it, or think about it from time to time, As sad as it is that there will most likely never be a continuation of KS at least we still have it now, that's something right?
I really hope this community can keep going for a while. I've been on here for 4 years, only talked recently, but it would be sad if such an community would just disappear...
I can guarantee that I'll be sticking around, I don't have anyone else to share my feelings about the game and my experiences with so the forum is a good place to be, It would be nice if the Dev's could stick around for a while to, I hope it does continue on for a long time,
I'm also staying..... since i know i'm gonna be playing KS again.... and again.... and again.... and again.... and.... AGAIN =D xD
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability

Misfile17
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: West Lulworth, United Kingdom

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Misfile17 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:00 pm

I really hope this community can keep going for a while. I've been on here for 4 years, only talked recently, but it would be sad if such an community would just disappear...[/quote]

I can guarantee that I'll be sticking around, I don't have anyone else to share my feelings about the game and my experiences with so the forum is a good place to be, It would be nice if the Dev's could stick around for a while to, I hope it does continue on for a long time,[/quote]
I'm also staying..... since i know i'm gonna be playing KS again.... and again.... and again.... and again.... and.... AGAIN =D xD[/quote]

Well that makes two of us, :) I'm so glad It's finally here, I can safely say it's one of the greatest experiences i've ever had, might sound silly to some people but that's the effect it's had on me

chicunsu
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by chicunsu » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Misfile17 wrote: Well that makes two of us, :) I'm so glad It's finally here, I can safely say it's one of the greatest experiences i've ever had, might sound silly to some people but that's the effect it's had on me
NO WORRIES, after reading around in the threads, so does about EVERYONE feel that way =)
This work is so one of a kind that it's amazing =D
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability

Misfile17
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: West Lulworth, United Kingdom

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Misfile17 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:07 pm

chicunsu wrote:
Misfile17 wrote: Well that makes two of us, :) I'm so glad It's finally here, I can safely say it's one of the greatest experiences i've ever had, might sound silly to some people but that's the effect it's had on me
NO WORRIES, after reading around in the threads, so does about EVERYONE feel that way =)
This work is so one of a kind that it's amazing =D
Couldn't agree more :D I love it xD

User avatar
68000
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:25 pm
Location: Chillin' with Macho Man Randy Savage on his Macho Cloud

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by 68000 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:28 pm

I had to restart her route three times to get her good ending (the "neutral" one was....well...not very satisfying) and I'm pretty glad I did it.
You guys did a great job overall.

User avatar
Panty Supervisor
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:15 am
Location: Germany

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Panty Supervisor » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Observation:
In the scene "A Morning's Reverie" in Act 4, Lilly wakes up in Hisao's room after spending the night with him. She goes to take a shower and Hisao mentions that he can hear the noise of the shower.
I deduce:
Lilly must have been using the boys' bathroom to take a shower. I found that pretty funny because it's just such a bold thing to do for her. After all, Hisao already ran into Kenji in the bathroom once. And in Act 1, when visiting the boys' dorm for the first time, Hisao's monolog tells us: "Each of these minor halls seems to have a toilet and a shower as well as four rooms" meaning that Hisao shares this one bathroom with three other boys.

Well, I guess Lilly is just too classy to care. :twisted:
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin

Post Reply