Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

Hanako-San

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Hanako-San »

sporkaganza wrote:it's designed to make you think that you've got the bad ending until the last second. Who wrote this route? I want to give them a finger-shake.
I know, right? I was about to quit the game and try again but thought I might as well sit it through until suddenly I was proven wrong. Very very cruel.
40%

Post by 40% »

I had really high expectations of Lilly and her story after I read Act 1. I wouldn't be lying if I said she was most of the reason I looked forward to reading the finished project (though that's not to say I don't think it's a great project as a whole).

It far FAR exceeded the expectations I had. It was damn beautiful, and that ending was so damn bittersweet in the best way. I really can't emphasise just how great it was. The writer (Suriko, right?) is amazing. Thanks so much, man.
Nightlinks

Post by Nightlinks »

that moment when Lilly touches Hisao's face the first time

SO MANY MANRY TEARS
As of now.
Lilly > Hanako = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Misha
A dude

Post by A dude »

Hanako-San wrote:
sporkaganza wrote:it's designed to make you think that you've got the bad ending until the last second. Who wrote this route? I want to give them a finger-shake.
I know, right? I was about to quit the game and try again but thought I might as well sit it through until suddenly I was proven wrong. Very very cruel.
The bad end is literally the good end minus the last three scenes. You get the farewell outside the gate, "Lilly shaped hole in our lives", and then bam, credits, title screen.

Also, I live in Scotland, so the nationality reveal amused me more than it should have.

Some of the sprite work was nice- there's two whole "outfits" that only get used in one scene, jeez, and that one angry face seems to only be used once.

The sex scenes were surprisingly tasteful, too. I was sort of worried that the sex being non-explotative would be impossible given the medium.

also jeeeesus that red dress was nice, and that last sex scene was uncomfortable erotic
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

I'll give it a 4. The climax is up there with Yamato and Chris dropkicking CHAR AZNABLE in Majikoi.

I just can't decide which route I like more between Lilly's and Shizune's, so I can't give it a 5.
traitor

Post by traitor »

I liked the bad end a lot, it was something I could associate with. The good end on the other hand felt like a hollywood fantasy ending.

also when Akira started talking about her family, I seriously thought she was going reveal her identity as a mafia member
adrt

Post by adrt »

THAT RED DRESS. Yummy.
purple haired Katawa Shoujo character

Post by purple haired Katawa Shoujo character »

I don't think I've cried so much and so many times over a story.
Manderton

Post by Manderton »

When I fist played this, it was late at night and I had classes the next morning. I ended up with the bad ending and got pissed. I had to go to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning I felt really depressed. I couldn't get myself to eat anything so I went straight to my classes. I felt horrible most of the day. Nearing the time to head back home I started feeling sick. The on the drive home I started tearing up. Upon returning home I instantly turned on KS and went for the good end. I felt a lot better after that.

Never before has any form of media played with my emotions like that.
Ubuyo

Post by Ubuyo »

Dear lord, this route. I was seriously on the verge of tears. I feel this route was meant to be canon (as canon as a VN can get hurr). Better get to Rin's now...
CrimsonKnight0

Post by CrimsonKnight0 »

In Odin´s name....
To everyone involved in Lilly´s route: a most sincere, and truly from the heart: Thank you!
I found her route superb. The way she begins to bond with you, the way Lilly simply is... I think you´ve created one of my favorite characters ever.
Everything that happened after you find out she is leaving... wow. And just hearing the faint music coming from the box, and just knowing she was there... excellent ending.
Manly Tears may or may not have been shed.
This was such an amazing experience.
-
If the next routes are as good as this one, the devs are gods. As in, Zeus-awesomeness-level gods.
I will be heading for the Hanako Route later.
And I don´t think I could go for the Bad Ending. Just... no.
When Yamaku is... ashes, you have my permission to die.
Valneron

Post by Valneron »

Please don't get me wrong, I love the story dearly, I honestly cried a little at the ending parts, but...that side of me is asking.

Were there more sex scenes?

I got The first time at the house, in the bath tub, and technically in her room before getting interrupted by a heart attack
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

No, there aren't.
Easy way to check is the library. If you're not missing any scenes from a specific girl's path (and in Lilly's case you won't if you've seen the good ending), you've seen every scene there is.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
DemonOfRandgris

Post by DemonOfRandgris »

Lilly's Route is so...

Well. How do I explain this? I, and so many other people I've talked to and seen who have read through Lilly's Route and didn't save it for last?

We all regretted it. Badly.

It's...incredibly hard to try to move on from Lilly when you're so attached and when she's so well written.

Which brings up something else I asked but didn't really get an answer to:

Does Lilly get a summons to Scotland by her family in other routes? I would imagine it's something that gets brought up in Hanakos route, but it would be such a depressing feeling if, playing through the other routes we find out about Lilly's leaving Yamaku forever and knowing that if it was her route, we could have stopped her.
G3n0c1de wrote:Harvey Dent is not moe.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It's brought up in Hanako's route, but in none of the others.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.