Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

AolDunedein

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by AolDunedein »

shirolong wrote:Your thoughts and opinions? Discussions?

Lilly's route was the one I decided to go with the first time, and it looks like I made the right choice. It was a emotional roller-coaster ride, but very enjoyable and heartwarming. My heart dropped (no pun intended) when I realized Lilly was leaving Hisao and Hanako for Scotland. I couldn't bear the fact of Hisao and Lilly leaving each other, so I was cheering loudly (a little too loud it turns out hehe) when they reunited *sniff*. I'll be honest, I cried, but those were tears of joy damnit! The whole route was endearing, and I might opt for a second run-through in fact! It might be a bit hasty seeing as I have only finished Lilly's at the moment, but I'm pretty confident in saying that Lilly's route will be the best one out of all of them. Going to take a break between routes, as I don't want to rush through things (I think I'll pick Hanako's route after this later, but to be honest Lilly's route is going to be hard to top after all that), but I must say kudos to the dev team for such a fantastic experience!
I totally agree, man ! Amazing route, and the ending superb! Damn, i cried too!
xdiesp

Post by xdiesp »

If Hisao had more brains, he would have phoned the airport about a bomb on that plane. Then he could have calmly segway'd to the place.
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

xdiesp wrote:If Hisao had more brains, he would have phoned the airport about a bomb on that plane. Then he could have calmly segway'd to the place.
but then he'd go to jail
the_al

Post by the_al »

Terrato wrote:
xdiesp wrote:If Hisao had more brains, he would have phoned the airport about a bomb on that plane. Then he could have calmly segway'd to the place.
but then he'd go to jail
That's why you buy a burner phone- one of those no-contract ones that has no ties back to you
sharkfoo1

Post by sharkfoo1 »

alright, im not gay. but lilly's route made me cry. almost uncontrollably... it was amazing and i dont think any other routes will come close to the standard set by her route. i just started act 2 of shizune's route. it killed me to be a dick to lilly just to get in with shizune. devs, i waited about 9 months after i first played act 1 until the full version came out. i ended with lilly then and i was determined to end with her this time. i checked your website at least once a week until it finally came out. you guys did a phenomenal job on this. i am taken away by it. however, you bastards made lilly so amazing that it just sucks to play the others. anyways... from a soldier in the U.S. Army, to all the devs and anyone who participated in the making of KS (especially the writer for lilly) thank you. you rocked my world. (even though it was just a game) and i would love to hear from lilly's writer, just so i can thank you personally. thanks guys
PharaohSauron

Post by PharaohSauron »

I would consider Lilly's route my favorite, despite personal preference since I discovered KS back in 2009. I may think like Rin, and I have a soft spot for Hanako, but Lilly's seems to have the most tender moments and seemed the most "immersive" route. I won't go into details, but most of it has probably been said.

One annoying thing, in general, is that I seem to reach the moral of each story/proper actions to get the happy ending in my head before Hisao does, and I had to resist the temptation to smack Hisao in the back of the head several times...
Remember, folks:
I'm watching you.
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

sharkfoo1 wrote:alright, im not gay. but lilly's route made me cry. almost uncontrollably...
don't worry bro, you're not gay. We all cry those manly tears
sharkfoo1

Post by sharkfoo1 »

Terrato wrote:
sharkfoo1 wrote:alright, im not gay. but lilly's route made me cry. almost uncontrollably...
I almost cried just by listening to the music..... they may not be so manly....
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

sharkfoo1 wrote:
Terrato wrote:
my statement stands... i cry to Painful History, Moment of Decision, and the Music Box song
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

sharkfoo1 wrote:
Terrato wrote:
Why? Why is an emotional attachment to music so much different than to a character or a book or a story?
I do not see much of a difference there.
"[...] it's just a ride."
alonelyguy

Post by alonelyguy »

I have to say one good guide for Lilly would be to "SHARE" what you are feeling and refrain from not talking about it, seeing as she's blind [no pun intended], you naturally have to go out of your way to inform her of your presence/condition, Lilly was one of the best I've encountered, including Emi's route, most enjoyable and is worth the few speedruns I've been doing to get the what if's? I've been having.

OT: how do you do the line of text where it's all black then when you put your mouse to it, it suddendly shows the text.?
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

alonelyguy wrote:
OT: how do you do the line of text where it's all black then when you put your mouse to it, it suddendly shows the text.?
When posting look just above the field where your text appears, there should be a lot of "boxes" - the last one of them is named "spoiler" just press it and the rest should explain itself.
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
gecko

Post by gecko »

the_al wrote:
Terrato wrote:
but then he'd go to jail
That's why you buy a burner phone- one of those no-contract ones that has no ties back to you
lol! Can't imagine Hisao that prepared... But maybe Kenji could have been helpful?

Okay, review time:

I finished the game with Lily's path. I had kept her for the end because I wasn't overly fond of her character: I found her proper demeanour kind of icy, distant, and, honestly, boring.
SPOILER ALERT – the rest of this post contains unmarked spoilers about Lily. I consider that if you're reading that, you've already played it.

Boy, was I wrong! I loved how that path surprised me with a character that could be very passionate under her proper shell. I also liked how her being blind was treated, not ignored but not the main plot point. The sex scenes worked well for me, highlighting the trust between her and Hisao, and how she has, under her proper looks, a "healthy adolescent sex drive".

In the end, I enjoyed greatly that path. I felt the "race to the airport" and "hospital bed confession" parts a bit cliché, but that was only a minor annoyance. Lily is still too proper for her character to replace the limbless pair in my heart, but she's climbed to contest the third position to her friend Hanako. (I really don't know which to put there)
99% completion.
Mind-worm meter: Rin>>Emi>Lily>Hanako>>Shizune
Fanfic: The lamb and the fox
DH531

Post by DH531 »

My first route was Emi's (Only heard of KS a week after it was released) which was amazing, but then I wanted to go through Hanako's route and of course I end up with Lilly. However I don't regret a single bit of it, I shed tears, manly tears, even crying at various points of the story. It's my first Visual Novel so I was a bit inexperienced and ended up with the bad ending, it just killed me inside. I never thought i'd come to love Lilly's route so much.
When I attempted to get the good ending, I once again get the bad ending, the not-so-manly tears flow again. :cry:
3rd Time I finally get it much to my surprise and was overwhelmed with mixed emotions. I was taken aback when I didn't see the credits but Hisao in his room and all else that follows :shock: and I was near breaking down when I saw him chasing Lilly and then finally reunited with her :mrgreen:
Lilly's route is definately my favourite as of now, i'm going for Hanako next but after taking a break, I don't think I can take any more emotional carnage at the moment haha :cry:
sharkfoo1

Post by sharkfoo1 »

DH531 wrote:My first route was Emi's (Only heard of KS a week after it was released) which was amazing, but then I wanted to go through Hanako's route and of course I end up with Lilly. However I don't regret a single bit of it, I shed tears, manly tears, even crying at various points of the story. It's my first Visual Novel so I was a bit inexperienced and ended up with the bad ending, it just killed me inside. I never thought i'd come to love Lilly's route so much.
When I attempted to get the good ending, I once again get the bad ending, the not-so-manly tears flow again. :cry:
3rd Time I finally get it much to my surprise and was overwhelmed with mixed emotions. I was taken aback when I didn't see the credits but Hisao in his room and all else that follows :shock: and I was near breaking down when I saw him chasing Lilly and then finally reunited with her :mrgreen:
Lilly's route is definately my favourite as of now, i'm going for Hanako next but after taking a break, I don't think I can take any more emotional carnage at the moment haha :cry:
ya... i took a break too... on to shizune! the only problem is i have to deal with lilly in her route as well :(