Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

IloveLily(gr)

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by IloveLily(gr) »

Lili's good ending was my first ending(as many state your true ending!)....well except for her being beautiful she has the best personality ever....Never really happened to have a girlfriend with that type of character. I think most girls these days are far from being good and honest, loving and caring.
I gave Lilly a 5er and by no means i would change my opinions played her route 2 times already and thinking for a third one...hmmmm......

P.S:Good job guys for getting Lily good ending on the first try.(it might sound idiotic but i think that people who get their first ending the same might have more to share, in the end your first are your true decisions!
The world is a beatiful place but to enjoy it to its fullest you need to have a large heart, the strength to move on and forgive and people by your side, who you love and they love you too!-just me, the little fool ~~~<3
Jailbot

Post by Jailbot »

I played Lilly's path second and afterwards, I haven't been able to summon the will to play any other paths or video games in general.

I have a bad case of the feels. In fact, I don't think anything else has ever affected me emotionally this much.

The worst part is that I can't even discuss it in real life because everyone I associate with dismisses it as a "hentai game where you take advantage of cripples" when it really isn't and it really pisses me off because it's so much more. This post doesn't even make any sense and has no flow because I still can't get over how good it was and how immersive the overall experience was.

choked up hard when Hisao had his heart attack at the airport
music box bro :cry:
DH531

Post by DH531 »

Jailbot wrote:I played Lilly's path second and afterwards, I haven't been able to summon the will to play any other paths or video games in general.

I have a bad case of the feels. In fact, I don't think anything else has ever affected me emotionally this much.

The worst part is that I can't even discuss it in real life because everyone I associate with dismisses it as a "hentai game where you take advantage of cripples" when it really isn't and it really pisses me off because it's so much more. This post doesn't even make any sense and has no flow because I still can't get over how good it was and how immersive the overall experience was.

I know how you feel man, I also got Lilly on my second try, I got the bad ending twice! But when I finally got the good ending, I was overjoyed, crying like a fool when the music box was playing. I feel that Lilly's route was my 'true' route, mainly because i've never played Visual Novels before so I just picked what seemed best for Hisao and ended up with Emi, not saying her route was bad though, still made me cry.
I'm gonna go through Lilly's route once more after finishing all the others endings, it just feels like the right thing to do, especially since i'm going through Shizune's route, I feel absolutely terrible whenever I see Lilly fighting with Shizune :cry:
Jailbot

Post by Jailbot »

DH531 wrote:
Jailbot wrote:I played Lilly's path second and afterwards, I haven't been able to summon the will to play any other paths or video games in general.

I know how you feel man, I also got Lilly on my second try, I got the bad ending twice! But when I finally got the good ending, I was overjoyed, crying like a fool when the music box was playing. I feel that Lilly's route was my 'true' route, mainly because i've never played Visual Novels before so I just picked what seemed best for Hisao and ended up with Emi, not saying her route was bad though, still made me cry.
I'm gonna go through Lilly's route once more after finishing all the others endings, it just feels like the right thing to do, especially since i'm going through Shizune's route, I feel absolutely terrible whenever I see Lilly fighting with Shizune :cry:
I got Emi first try too! Bro-fist

I think I'm gonna have to play Lilly's path again, I don't know how any other path could top this one to be honest.
gecko

Post by gecko »

Jailbot wrote:I think I'm gonna have to play Lilly's path again, I don't know how any other path could top this one to be honest.
already played Rin? :twisted:
99% completion.
Mind-worm meter: Rin>>Emi>Lily>Hanako>>Shizune
Fanfic: The lamb and the fox
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

gecko wrote:
Jailbot wrote:I think I'm gonna have to play Lilly's path again, I don't know how any other path could top this one to be honest.
It all depends on one's tastes, I guess. Not everyone will like Lilly's or Rin's path over, say, Hanako's or Emi's. It all depends on personality as well as what we treasure in the game AND in the girl herself.

I put a "=" between the two, to be honest. Although, in terms of path creation and complexity alone, I feel Rin was superior.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
gecko

Post by gecko »

Rivan wrote:It all depends on one's tastes, I guess. Not everyone will like Lilly's or Rin's path over, say, Hanako's or Emi's. It all depends on personality as well as what we treasure in the game AND in the girl herself.
Agreeed. It's one of the game strong points. My remark was just a way to tell that I think you cannot be definitive before trying all the paths, some girls can surprise you (like proper catholic Lily with her "healthy adolescent sex drive")
99% completion.
Mind-worm meter: Rin>>Emi>Lily>Hanako>>Shizune
Fanfic: The lamb and the fox
Jailbot

Post by Jailbot »

gecko wrote:
No, but I heard it was really well written. I'll give it a go after I recover from Lilly :P

But anyway, back to Lilly talk, eh?
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Jailbot wrote:
gecko wrote:
No, but I heard it was really well written. I'll give it a go after I recover from Lilly :P

But anyway, back to Lilly talk, eh?
I'm not sure if that's such a good idea. If you're a sensitive person, you may not recover, especially if you follow it up with Hanako immediately after :D
IloveLily(gr) wrote:Lili's good ending was my first ending(as many state your true ending!)....well except for her being beautiful she has the best personality ever....Never really happened to have a girlfriend with that type of character. I think most girls these days are far from being good and honest, loving and caring.
I gave Lilly a 5er and by no means i would change my opinions played her route 2 times already and thinking for a third one...hmmmm......

P.S:Good job guys for getting Lily good ending on the first try.(it might sound idiotic but i think that people who get their first ending the same might have more to share, in the end your first are your true decisions!
I have to agree with you on one part - so far, I've met little to no girls who really appreciate honesty (not to mention total honesty). The fact that Lilly really does so to such an extent instantly made her a "keeper" in my eyes.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Jailbot

Post by Jailbot »

Rivan wrote:
IloveLily(gr) wrote:Lili's good ending was my first ending(as many state your true ending!)....well except for her being beautiful she has the best personality ever....Never really happened to have a girlfriend with that type of character. I think most girls these days are far from being good and honest, loving and caring.

I have to agree with you on one part - so far, I've met little to no girls who really appreciate honesty (not to mention total honesty). The fact that Lilly really does so to such an extent instantly made her a "keeper" in my eyes.
Definitely one of the most attractive things about her, that and she's so well drawn...
m3d

Post by m3d »

Lilly's route hit me really hard because I could very much relate to Hisao's situation.

My girlfriend left for student exchange to Scotland (even the same goddamn city as Lilly - Inverness) a couple weeks ago and won't be coming back until May.. it's been really hard for me even though she just recently left, and playing KS definitely didn't help :(

Aside from the personal connection, I felt it was really well written, the art was beautiful and the I think I would've cried anyways even if it wasn't for the connection. I played all the other routes and they didn't really come close to Lilly's for me.
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I wonder if the question answered in this post has been addressed. I had the same question while playing through Lilly's route, and it left me . . . well, let's just say it was a head-scratcher.

Any ideas?
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

There's a good chance that she wasn't sure if she wanted to leave or not, and when she talked with Akari about it she decided that she didnt want to lose more of her family.
But when Hisao showed how much he loves her she decides to stay anyways.
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

I'll just copy and paste my post from another thread.

I was really torn up inside when Lilly left for the airport and Hisao said only a fucking goodbye. I was like "Fuck you, man. The woman you love is leaving. F*ck Hanako f*ck Akira f*ck the taxi, just grab her and cry on her arms and beg her not to go. Do it, you *sshole. Damn, f*ck my life."I was really nervous, couldn't manage to do anything else but stare at the screen, hit the space bar, and hope for the best. And then he decided to go after her. I didn't know what I could hope about that. People said there was a neutral and a good ending. I honestly thought I was gonna get the neutral, which by itself is f*cking bad. Then he woke up in the hospital. I really thought things would end up like that, the doctor spilling out some sh*t and Hisao regretting everything he did not do.

Then, out of nowhere, that sound. That little nostalgic sound of a music box. I used to have one when I was a kid. But I never cried over it. Neither did I think to myself "Holy f*ck it can't be that f*cking music box no it can't b-HOLY SH*T I'M GONNA DIE." I didn't know how to react after hearing that small sound of that goddamn music box. I won't forget about it so soon.

That's when I started tearing up really bad. I had to dry them off to be able to see the screen. I thought everything was gonna end the way I wanted to, then... Credits. WHAT THE @#¨&¨%¨%#@#$??????? I couldn't believe it. I just couldn't. I was ready to get on my knees and cry like a baby, since I was both happy and frustrated. Then I skipped them' credits. EPILOGUE. THERE'S AN EPILOGUE THERE'S A F*CKING EPILOGUE OH GOD MOTHERF***** YES.

Then I started to count. Maybe half a dozen tears rolled down my cheeks. That's my little story.
All thanks to Lilly, that goddamn princess. I can't believe how much I f*cking love that girl, and she's not even real. Damn you bitch.

Sorry for the swearing. It's tough to sum up all my emotions in one post. :cry: I'm definitely doing her route again. Then I'll hope there's a bonus for completing it twice while completing all the others only once. Maybe she'll materialize in front of me or something.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

So, when Lilly goes back to Scottland for the first time, her parents basically ask her to move over for good after the trimester ends, right? That means at the point where she gets into a relationship with Hisao, she already knows she will eventually leave the country. Yet, she more or less starts the relationship and on top of that goes as far as telling Hisao to never leave her. Why is she doing this? The story she tells Hisao about the crush she had on her tutor, also gives off the impression that she wouldn't give in to emotions, knowing that nothing could realy come out of the relationship. Even if she was emotional at the time and let her feelings get the better oh her, why doesn't she tell Hisao she'll leave until less than a week before she does? Actually, it wasn't even her. If it wasn't for Akira she probably would have just vanished and then called from Scottland it seems. Yet considering all of this Hisao blames everything on himself rather than asking her about why she did all this. I don't quite get how all of this fits together

Please don't get me wrong. I really enjoyed her path. However, with everything I know, that part seemed a bit inconsistent to me. Given how well-written the whole game is though, I assume I simply missed something important here, so I hoped someone could clarify this a little for me. Sorry if this was brought up before by the way. I am still pretty new to the forums and didn't read every question in the topic, let alone the entire forum, yet.
Well, probably partially as a result of her time in a strict all-girls school, Lilly interacts with the rest of the world through a carefully crafted, carefully measured and carefully choreographed lady persona who's always polite, always unflappable, always in control and who respectfully goes along with non-deaf authority figures without question. It's a role that she feels comfortable with most of the time, sometimes it restricts her but when that happens she usually still tries to keep it up as long as possible. (she's about as stubborn as Emi is) Since Lilly is so repressed and tries to keep her refined lady mask up even when she's under pressure, her emotions tend to spill out when things do reach critical point.

I kinda doubt Lilly's confession to Hisao was something she planned. But then she returned from Scotland with her parents' request on her mind and later at their summer home, Hisao gets a heart attack. That was probably extremely frightening for Lilly (since she couldn't see Hisao), but even then she had to force herself to remain calm and in control for Hanako's sake. (who was panicking) When Hisao recovers and she finds him alright, the relief causes her pressure valve to go over 9000 and all the bottled up emotions don't come leaking out, they come flooding out. She wasn't just emotional...her lady mask simply shattered to pieces and it took her some time to restructure it.

Lilly knew quite well she'd have to tell Hisao the truth eventually, but kept delaying it and kept repressing the anxiety she felt over it. When Kenji accidentally trips her, her facade goes down again along with her for a moment, but she runs off and regains her composure before Hisao can pry further. I guess it's a bit hypocritical for someone who values honesty so much in others to hold this back, but keep in mind that Lilly's a person who's used to choreographing herself before actually speaking or acting, so it's not a stretch to imagine that she'd refrain from telling Hisao until she found the proper words to tell him...only to find herself lost on the proper words no matter how much she mulled over it...especially since she was the one who confessed in an uncontrolled outburst.

What Hisao blames himself for is that it WAS getting obvious that Lilly was bothered by something and he knew Lilly long enough to know that, since Lilly was so good at keeping a smiling poker face, even a single slipup like with Kenji meant things were probably boiling over on the inside. Despite that, he didn't pry...most likely partially due to the fact he was so used to Lilly always being in control and HER being a pillar of support for HIM. He simple couldn't switch gears until it was too late. This is also kind of Lilly's fault, she has a natural tendency to mother those close to her and create that kind of pattern with them. And despite being extremely comfortable asking for help regarding any difficulty related to her blindness, she's completely not used to relying on others for emotional support.

Anyway, Hisao finally manages to get Lilly to stay by tearing down her rational, logical and measured lady role once more by doing what worked before...having a heart attack. ;)