Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

shirolong

Lilly's Route

Post by shirolong »

Your thoughts and opinions? Discussions?

Lilly's route was the one I decided to go with the first time, and it looks like I made the right choice. It was a emotional roller-coaster ride, but very enjoyable and heartwarming. My heart dropped (no pun intended) when I realized Lilly was leaving Hisao and Hanako for Scotland. I couldn't bear the fact of Hisao and Lilly leaving each other, so I was cheering loudly (a little too loud it turns out hehe) when they reunited *sniff*. I'll be honest, I cried, but those were tears of joy damnit! The whole route was endearing, and I might opt for a second run-through in fact! It might be a bit hasty seeing as I have only finished Lilly's at the moment, but I'm pretty confident in saying that Lilly's route will be the best one out of all of them. Going to take a break between routes, as I don't want to rush through things (I think I'll pick Hanako's route after this later, but to be honest Lilly's route is going to be hard to top after all that), but I must say kudos to the dev team for such a fantastic experience!
Last edited by shirolong on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricardo Nation

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Ricardo Nation »

Somebody needs to share the secret of getting her good ending.
Kisho

Post by Kisho »

Lilly's route is incredible. Seriously, major kudos to everyone involved: Writer, artist, musician, editor, director.

Hell, just everyone involved in this project. Very, very well done to you all. Lily's route is of such an incredibly high standard, but I'm sure the other routes will match it. :)
DemonOfRandgris

Post by DemonOfRandgris »

I've been wondering about something with Lilly ever since I got her good ending...Does she ever receive that summon back to Scotland if you play through any of the other routes? I can imagine that if you don't specifically go into her route, she leaves Yamaku.Especially on Hanako's path. They're such good friends I'd be surprised if it wasn't an issue that becomes brought up.

That's mainly the reason why I've been dancing around trying to decide if I want to go ahead and play through again and pursue another girl.
G3n0c1de wrote:Harvey Dent is not moe.
shirolong

Post by shirolong »

Ricardo Nation wrote:Somebody needs to share the secret of getting her good ending.
The only ending I've had with her is what I believe the "good ending", so I hope you mean that one:

You manage stop her from moving to Scotland and breaking the (wonderful) relationship you two have had by running after her, followed by the heartwarming conclusion.

Well, as a general rule of thumbs (imo) with the routes, you should always try to delve deeper into the these things (i.e. Tell the truth about your heart condition, address it, etc.). You want to learn more that will help with your relationship with the girl you're going for (hope I'm not sounding like a total smartass). Pick the one that you would think would lead to more dialog, as more dialog = better chances. That kind of thinking has gotten me to two good endings so far with Emi and Lilly, so I don't see a reason not to continue with the other routes. I'm curious as to what ending you have come up upon though Ricardo. I'm going with Demon's assumption with the heartbreaking Lilly-leaves-Hisao, although I'm too content with the happy ending I've gotten with Lilly to risk such a melancholy one. >_>
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Man, I thought it was going to be easy to get Lilly's route like Act 1 (choose between Hanako/Lilly), boy I was wrong.

First playthrough I just played like my Hanako playthrough on Act 1, thinking there's going to be an option. I was utterly perplexed why Hisao keeps going to the library with Hanako, thinking it was a bug (nope.avi). So I tried again, choosing things that would lead to Lilly...nope. Third time, random. Nope. Fourth? Hannako. Again.

Basically now I was like in FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU mode. So I ran through it one more time, just choosing the choices how I would IRL.

Lilly. When I saw Hisae said going to the library would be intrusive, I double facepalmed so hard.

God dammit. :!:

I'm gonna go for Hanako now, seeing her go "I want my beloved to be happy." on Lilly's route breaks my heart. Shame she wasn't mentioned after Lilly comes back. Funny, when Akira told Hisae what's going to happen, I knew there was going to be an airport dash. Then Hideki nearly made me have a heart attack with his "loltoolate".
Lilly <3
:D

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Shizune, Rin

Current Path: Lilly, again.
shirolong

Post by shirolong »

Sardaukar wrote:I'm gonna go for Hanako now, seeing her go "I want my beloved to be happy." on Lilly's route breaks my heart. Shame she wasn't mentioned after Lilly comes back.
Really? I felt leaving Hanako was all right, since it was Lilly's story; plus Hanako seemed to have become much more independent and outgoing than I thought she could on her own volition. Although I do agree with you with the airport dash, something inside me didn't sit right with leaving it at that half-assed goodbye to Lilly, and I'm (extremely) glad Hisao thought the same too.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

shirolong wrote:
Sardaukar wrote:I'm gonna go for Hanako now, seeing her go "I want my beloved to be happy." on Lilly's route breaks my heart. Shame she wasn't mentioned after Lilly comes back.
Really? I felt leaving Hanako was all right, since it was Lilly's story; plus Hanako seemed to have become much more independent and outgoing than I thought she could on her own volition. Although I do agree with you with the airport dash, something inside me didn't sit right with leaving it at that half-assed goodbye to Lilly, and I'm (extremely) glad Hisao thought the same too.
That's just me, but fair enough point.

Apparently I was wrong, there still is a way to choose between Lilly and Hanako.

I love how this game tries to mess with me EVERY time I play.

:mrgreen:

Lilly feels like a woman I would like IRL.
Lilly <3

shirolong

Post by shirolong »

Sardaukar wrote:Lilly feels like a woman I would like IRL.
Oh most definitely. But if we're going into fantasying here, I wouldn't mind a semi-harem with Lilly/Emi at the moment either wahahaha!~

Which actually makes me wonder, is there a possible "dual" ending, like being happy with Lilly with Hanako "in tow"? I suppose that does kind of happen with Lilly's route, but I mean you know... Also did they say that there would be no "alternate routes" (not bad endings, but as in the "dual" ending I mentioned before) or something? I think they said there wouldn't be before, but I'm not quite sure.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

There aren't any "dual" endings. That much has been announced years ago.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

shirolong wrote:
Sardaukar wrote:Lilly feels like a woman I would like IRL.
Oh most definitely. But if we're going into fantasying here, I wouldn't mind a semi-harem with Lilly/Emi at the moment either wahahaha!~

Which actually makes me wonder, is there a possible "dual" ending, like being happy with Lilly with Hanako "in tow"? I suppose that does kind of happen with Lilly's route, but I mean you know... Also did they say that there would be no "alternate routes" (not bad endings, but as in the "dual" ending I mentioned before) or something? I think they said there wouldn't be before, but I'm not quite sure.
Bah, as if one fantasy beauty isn't enough to satisfy you. Then again, Lilly can't be satisfied without giving someone a heart attack, so eh...
Mirage_GSM wrote:There aren't any "dual" endings. That much has been announced years ago.
Shame. In Lilly's route, Hisae described himself and Lilly in a sort of Father-Mother relationship with Hanako. Could've been nice to see how that worked out.
Lilly <3

Valneron

Post by Valneron »

In the ending I had for Lilly, while she was leaving for scotland Hisao chases after her, but has a mild heart attack before he can catch he, waking up in a hospital with the music box he gave her there, Lilly coming moments later, and the typical happy ever after thing.

I'm unsure if that is the good...or neutral, or whatever ending, still made me squeel and cry like a little girl
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Sounds like the good ending to me. Believe me you will recognize the bad one for what it is ;-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Hanako-San

Post by Hanako-San »

That's the good ending. The bad ending, if you really want to obtain it, requires dismissing everything.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

The good ending for Lilly's route is pretty cruel; it's designed to make you think that you've got the bad ending until the last second. Who wrote this route? I want to give them a finger-shake. It kind of makes me wonder what the bad ending is actually like.