Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

Harco

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Harco »

Playing Lilly's route now. I should have gone to bed like four hours ago. I just can't stop! It's so... so... amazingly beautiful! I mean, just... Crescendo...

And if that wasn't enough, the following scene presented me with this beauty:

"You're a beautiful person, Hisao. Please, don't ever apologize for that."

Manly tears... they just won't stop flowing.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Lndbcn wrote:I'm not going to play any other route. This is how I want Hisao's story to end.

In hindsight, I should have known to do Lilly's route last. From Act I, I knew it would probably affect me the most, and hit closest to home, given that my wife is remarkably similar to Lilly (Blind, tall, blonde, better looking than I have any right to be near, and a very similar personality/temperment).

But holy shit, it hit way closer to home than even Act I prepared me for. The small aspects of a sighted+nonsighted relationshp. The musicbox. Lilly's personality being even closer to my wife's than Act I indicated, in both strengths and flaws. Having to do something foolish and life-threatening to prevent the world forcing us apart, but being completely indisputably worth the risk. Near the end of the story, when things were looking bleak, I'm not ashamed to admit I cried, because that HIsao was what I would have been had I tried and failed, a future that could easily have happened. The turnaround for the ending cheered me up immensely.

No entertainment product has ever hit me this hard emotionally.
This this and this, I feel the same way, I have never felt so strongly or been so emotional over a form of media and probably never will be, KS is just beautiful and will never be forgotten for me.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Harco wrote:Playing Lilly's route now. I should have gone to bed like four hours ago. I just can't stop! It's so... so... amazingly beautiful! I mean, just... Crescendo...

And if that wasn't enough, the following scene presented me with this beauty:

"You're a beautiful person, Hisao. Please, don't ever apologize for that."

Manly tears... they just won't stop flowing.
Don't worry about it, I've cried over Lilly's route so many times now, It's hard not to with how amazing the characters, story, and just overall beauty of KS is.
mtz

Post by mtz »

While we're on this topic, check out http://boards.4chan.org/a/res/59615996#59616284
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

Lilly's route is simply amazing, though I would have preferred Hisao's chase scene to last a little longer, by virtue of him attempting to will his heart into behaving but ultimately failing.

Though I'm not exactly fond of Lilly as a character, her Good End is probably the best one thus far.

EDIT: Just tried to get her Bad End and succeeded...woah is her route strict. It's like, one wrong decision and you fail to make the cut (as in, to get the Good End). How on Earth I managed to get her Good End on my first try is totally beyond me.
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
mtz

Post by mtz »

Agreed Infert. I think the biggest thing behind that is how intuitive they made each decision by the dialog prior. Lilly's story just killed me. I've thought of nothing but my ex fiancee now for the last 3 days. Trying to get Hanako's story done but every time Lilly appears I need to stop and remind myself that Rachel didn't come to the hospital for me, there is no future there.
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

mtz wrote:Agreed Infert. I think the biggest thing behind that is how intuitive they made each decision by the dialog prior. Lilly's story just killed me. I've thought of nothing but my ex fiancee now for the last 3 days. Trying to get Hanako's story done but every time Lilly appears I need to stop and remind myself that Rachel didn't come to the hospital for me, there is no future there.
Hey, chill out a little, man. It's nice to see people getting into a game, and of course it's a whole lot easier to if it's something you can relate to...but if it brings up bad memories, you're going to have to take a step back and chill out, perhaps even take a small break from the game.

It's really none of my business, but...at the risk of sounding like Kenji, I view all fellow players of this game as brothers-in-arms...and well, I guess you can tell where I'm going.
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

INFERTakuya wrote:
mtz wrote:Agreed Infert. I think the biggest thing behind that is how intuitive they made each decision by the dialog prior. Lilly's story just killed me. I've thought of nothing but my ex fiancee now for the last 3 days. Trying to get Hanako's story done but every time Lilly appears I need to stop and remind myself that Rachel didn't come to the hospital for me, there is no future there.
Hey, chill out a little, man. It's nice to see people getting into a game, and of course it's a whole lot easier to if it's something you can relate to...but if it brings up bad memories, you're going to have to take a step back and chill out, perhaps even take a small break from the game.

It's really none of my business, but...at the risk of sounding like Kenji, I view all fellow players of this game as brothers-in-arms...and well, I guess you can tell where I'm going.
You want us to help you build a fallout shelter?
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

sporkaganza wrote:
INFERTakuya wrote:

You want us to help you build a fallout shelter?
I am not into this feminist conspiracy thing but I support the construction of a fallout shelter just for the sake of it!
"[...] it's just a ride."
mtz

Post by mtz »

INFERTakuya wrote:

I definitely agree with you, it took me 3 days to get through Lilly's tale. I just wish I had some more cigarettes and tea. No wine, it's a Monday.
Riku

Post by Riku »

Lilly's path was beautiful and made me wish I had someone so close.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Riku wrote:Lilly's path was beautiful and made me wish I had someone so close.
I agree, the best thing we can do, is what a friend said to me the other day while discussing KS, Rather than hope a carbon copy of Lilly comes along, We should take the lesson KS teaches about looking past the superficial to who people really are, regardless of any quirks or anything, and move forward, being a better person and thinking hard about our choices, beliefs and views on the world. I think if we at least do that much, we can eventually find someone who gives us the same sort of feeling as the girls from KS, Sorry if that sounds weird
Riku

Post by Riku »

No, it doesn't at all. I finished the route yesterday evening, and what you said is what I spent last night and this morning doing, really. Just rethinking things and such. I know it's not too good to become so enveloped by the game, but the story of this route just hit home for me, and now I'm trying to go through Hanako's route, the emotions I felt from Lilly's route just keep coming back to me.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Riku wrote:No, it doesn't at all. I finished the route yesterday evening, and what you said is what I spent last night and this morning doing, really. Just rethinking things and such. I know it's not too good to become so enveloped by the game, but the story of this route just hit home for me, and now I'm trying to go through Hanako's route, the emotions I felt from Lilly's route just keep coming back to me.
I know exactly how you feel, I've been thinking hard about all sorts of things that KS has made hit home, Its not a bad thing to get so involved with the game as long as we can still make the distinction between it and reality, I'm not saying you're obsessive, Not my intention at all, If anything I feel the same way as you, If you ever feel that it's too much to think about, take a break and force yourself to be occupied by something else, Katawa Shoujo is a beautiful thing, and one that's made me feel so many more emotions than I thought possible, it truly is amazing and I love it but sometimes we all need to take a step back and think about things realistically to. :)
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

Riku wrote:No, it doesn't at all. I finished the route yesterday evening, and what you said is what I spent last night and this morning doing, really. Just rethinking things and such. I know it's not too good to become so enveloped by the game, [...]
On one hand I would agree but on the other hand - why not?
It is no different than a movie, a book or a piece of music. What you should not do is use this game as an escape from everything. You can use it to distract yourself but you should try to stay in this world. ;)
If you think it changed you and made you a better person - awesome!
It probably changed a lot of us in one way or another and that is, most likely, really not a bad thing.
"[...] it's just a ride."