Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

Xevo

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Xevo »

Nightydreams wrote: As much as I hate to admit it... My heart and soul could not possibly handle another route so soon after finishing Lilly's (my first route that I finished only tonight). However, because of Hanako's influence in Lilly's path I am going to conciously try for her soon, as opposed to how I started Lilly's path where I chose choices that I thought I myself would choose which makes Lilly my natural choice.

Lilly being my natural choice, or "The Girl Meant For Me" based on my personal choices makes it that much harder to move onto other paths so I must prepare mentally beforehand.
Had the same thing, then I took an ar~... never mind. Anyway, I tried Emi's path after a couple hours, and saw that it had the same kind of potential. Every character in game has her own story to tell in her own way. Which is why I like this game a lot, it's not really stereotype characters, although you might get that feeling at the start.

Doubt I'd be able too chose a favorite after having played them all.
"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"I'll tutor you." - Misha
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

Xevo wrote:Had the same thing, then I took an ar~... never mind. Anyway, I tried Emi's path after a couple hours, and saw that it had the same kind of potential. Every character in game has her own story to tell in her own way. Which is why I like this game a lot, it's not really stereotype characters, although you might get that feeling at the start.

Doubt I'd be able too chose a favorite after having played them all.
I agree, every path will have it's beauty which is why I praise Katawa Shoujo so. I am indeed looking forward to connecting with all of them and crying for each in turn.

Lilly's will just... Hold a more special place in my heart.

Also on a more humourous note I was expecting an Ar-rin to the crotch joke or an Emi to the chest.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world

Post by Guest »

Just finished Lilly's route (good end) last night. Many happy tears were shed. The worst part is that I've still got Shizune and Emi to go through, yet don't feel very compelled to do either route now. I really wished I had left either Lilly or Rin for last right around now.

Personally, I gotta give it a 4/5. I still have to hand it to Rin's route for being my favorite.

It would be especially trollish if the bad end had ended at the airport scene instead of where it actually does
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Also on a more humourous note I was expecting an Ar-rin to the crotch joke or an Emi to the chest.
I like keeping jokes old school, I guess. ^^
Guest wrote:Just finished Lilly's route (good end) last night. Many happy tears were shed. The worst part is that I've still got Shizune and Emi to go through, yet don't feel very compelled to do either route now. I really wished I had left either Lilly or Rin for last right around now.

Personally, I gotta give it a 4/5. I still have to hand it to Rin's route for being my favorite.
Just go play them, like I said earlier here, every route has it's magic which you will like.

And doing Rin's route now, can't say I like this more then lilly's though.. But a matter of opinion I guess.
"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"I'll tutor you." - Misha
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.

Post by Guest »

Xevo wrote:And doing Rin's route now, can't say I like this more then lilly's though.. But a matter of opinion I guess.
I'd say hold off final judgement until you've finished it. While that probably sounds obvious, I say it because, while the other routes had more OH GAWD MY HEART HNNNNG and WHY WONT THESE TEARS STOP FLOOOOWING moments, I find Rin's route more satisfying as a cohesive whole than the others. But then I've still got two left to go anyway...
Dave

Post by Dave »

The only character I have left to do is Shizune, the only thing that puts me off is the way she is portrayed in the other character plots. She comes across aggressive, and competitive. I have to say that Lilly's route was the most enjoyable one so far, but Rin's bad ending actually had me saying out loud "it can't end like this!!!" then I played the good ending, and all was well again
Lolz2day

Post by Lolz2day »

I feel that Lilly's path was better than Shizune and Emi, but not sure if it was better than Hanako's or RIn's. Damn KS is amazing~
isblackhawk

Post by isblackhawk »

I just finished with Lilly's ending and I just briefly wanted to share why this route was particularly meaningful to me.

About 3 years ago, i transferred to a new college and met the love of my life.
She actually looks very similar to Lilly and is one of the most beautiful girls i've ever seen. It took me
almost 2 months to even work of the courage to even talk to her. It turns out that she is mostly blind
and cannot see some things altogether. We became fast friends. Unfortunately she had a boyfriend at the
time and even after they broke up, she never saw me as anything more than one of the closest friends
she's ever known. So much about Hisao and Lilly spent their time together reminds me of her. Even the
spending time in town and their little dates.

To make things even more personal, I actually dated a blind girl last year. So i've actually had many of the same
conversations that Hisao had with Lilly. Everything from the bare dorm room, to using the cane was a constant
reminder of my year.

I guess the point of this is just to congratulate the writers on doing such a good job. I have never been moved so much by a
story before. I too cried many manly tears over this route. This is the only one I have finished, and I'm sure the other ones
will be amazing. But I can't imagine any of them affecting me the way this one has.

I'm sure this is more than anyone really wanted to know. But the story moved me so much, that I felt like I had to share.
I'm so glad that I got to experience this story.
fanty

Post by fanty »

I just got the wheat field scene with Lilly. That confession was hilarious.
Rivinhal

Post by Rivinhal »

will someone please tell me how to get the good ending??? I've played through with complete honesty and choosing Hanako options but I can't get it.. SHE ALWAYS LEAVES DESPITE MY CHOICES!!... please someone??? I'm practically freaking out now...
Rivinhal

Post by Rivinhal »

sorry to dbl post, but nvm.. I figured it out.. why the fuck does humoring shinji's crazy ass matter so much?!?!? enough to change from the good to bad ending???? wtf??
Geroaergaroe

Post by Geroaergaroe »

Rivinhal wrote:sorry to dbl post, but nvm.. I figured it out.. why the fuck does humoring shinji's crazy ass matter so much?!?!? enough to change from the good to bad ending???? wtf??
Well, I did humor him, yet i did get the good ending. I suppose you did another mistake around the path.
GoodleShoes

Post by GoodleShoes »

Oh wow, the writing for her route completely changed my opinion about Lilly. She's now my second favorite. Very close behind Rin.
Rivinhal

Post by Rivinhal »

Geroaergaroe wrote:
Rivinhal wrote:sorry to dbl post, but nvm.. I figured it out.. why the fuck does humoring shinji's crazy ass matter so much?!?!? enough to change from the good to bad ending???? wtf??
Well, I did humor him, yet i did get the good ending. I suppose you did another mistake around the path.
I can't figure out what it was.... I told the truth and was honest all the time, and I chose all the Hanako routes, actually naturally.. But I humored him and got the bad ending.. Then I just went back and ignored it and got the good ending.. so idk.. You are probably right, because i think it takes 2 bad choices to get a bad ending, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out.. damn this heartbreaking story.. I was so sure I was going to get the good ending... then BAM Credits. I won't even lie.. I straight cried. The writers are like a bunch of evil geniuses or something' because even after I changed it, I still thought I got a bad ending or neutral or some shit until she walked in the hospital room lol..

Post by Guest »

sporkaganza wrote:The good ending for Lilly's route is pretty cruel; it's designed to make you think that you've got the bad ending until the last second. Who wrote this route? I want to give them a finger-shake. It kind of makes me wonder what the bad ending is actually like.
I think that Lilly+Hisao is the perfect couple. I never saw nor will I expect to find a bad ending because Lilly is just too nice to dump Hisao. Shizune is too passionate for Hisao, Hanako is too nervous for Hisao, Emi is too active for Hisao, and Rin is too... I never finished Rin's route. I have also fully unlocked Lilly's route.