Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

Member22

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Member22 »

After playing 4 routes (with good endings, working on Rin), I'd like to applaud the dev team for making this happen... there were times during the 2-3 year wait (for me) that I feared that this might remain vaporware forever

Of all the endings, each one was unique, but the most satisfying and well-written ending was Lilly's. But the others follow very closely, Emi's was anunexpected emotional rollercoaster, Hanako's was very fulfilling as it cast light into some aspects of her life (lol out of curiosity, I found out that having her go crazy is never a good idea) and Shizune's was also great as well (although I preferred Misha not cutting her hair, but its refreshing, btw, kudos for her H-scene, even though it leads to a bad conclusion)
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Kisho

Post by Kisho »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I don't think you'll find any of the CGs in the shimmie.
You could just put KS on Fullscreen and make a screenshot.
I've done that now, thank you. That said, it is a bit low resolution, so if a high res version were to be made... :D
SirMcSoupington

Post by SirMcSoupington »

By Odin's beard! I'm utterly crushed! I got Lilly's bad ending. Please, someone tell me how to keep my beloved waifu! :cry:
clyspe

Post by clyspe »

How do you even get to Lilly's path? I keep getting the act 1 ending or Hanako's path =/

edit got it
EmotionlessFatGuy

Post by EmotionlessFatGuy »

hmmm, did anyone have the right choices for lilly's good ending?
Rin's Path - cleared
Hanako's Path - cleared
Uliana

Post by Uliana »

EmotionlessFatGuy wrote:hmmm, did anyone have the right choices for lilly's good ending?
Just remember these simple things: be honest, be forthcoming, and do care about Hanako. Never be evasive or dodgy. The choices should become clear if you keep those in mind.
EmotionlessFatGuy

Post by EmotionlessFatGuy »

Uliana wrote:
EmotionlessFatGuy wrote:hmmm, did anyone have the right choices for lilly's good ending?
Just remember these simple things: be honest, be forthcoming, and do care about Hanako. Never be evasive or dodgy. The choices should become clear if you keep those in mind.
Now i feel like a Jedi, thank you good sire

Rin's Path - cleared
Hanako's Path - cleared
ingordo

Post by ingordo »

I was captivated by Lilly ever since I played act 1 a few months back, I had high expectations for the full game and still I was amazed by how good it was (definitely worth the looong wait. Praise to the writer of Lilly's route, and all the devs in general!)
I was most moved by the airport scene, like everyone else it would seem.

I loved it and yet it took me a while to figure where I'd seen a remarkably similar scene before (guy sees the love of his life in a crowded public place, he runs after her but has a heart attack and collapses to the ground, not before dramatically calling her out by name without her noticing). Was the reference accidental or intended by the writer? It was a magnificent ending to a great route regardless.
Wren

Post by Wren »

Have to admit playing her path pulled on my emotions a bit. 3/5 paths complete, but I think Lilly takes the cake on best path so far in my book.
"They leave. Because they should, or they find someone else. And some of them...some of them, forget me. I suppose in the end....they break my heart." - Tenth Doctor talking about his companions.

BG Artist - Somnova Studios - Missing Stars Project
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

Lilly's path, I say, was good. I kind of didn't like the fact that it wasn't more emotionally manipulative to the reader, though. Don't get me wrong, I totally loved it, but when Lilly left to Scotland the first time, it just didn't seem like it was even a big deal.

I did, however, like it at the end. The story really got me going and I really thought that this end would be tragic, that Lilly would leave to Scotland not knowing that Hisao chased her, and Hisao would have died trying.
This was a really unique path filled with very adult and mature romance. I liked it.
Grayfox

Post by Grayfox »

I made the mistake of Playing Hanako's path first, and Lilly's second, Which were, in my opinion, the best paths. The others felt lacking after these.

Overall, Lilly's path is the best written, however, I guess the fact Hanako is my favorite of the girls (Mostly due to her actually being the closest to the kind of person I always find myself attracted to, no mater how I try to avoid it) kept me from seeing this is my favorite path. So I voted it a 4.
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... The only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in."
-Frank Jaegar

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Emi, Hanako, Lilly, Rin, Shizune

Current Path: Hanako (2nd Playthrough)
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Got the good end on this one, with out having to go back and reselect a choice. That makes two in a row now. How ever i didn't get as many little cards on the main menu as i did with Emi's did i do something wrong?

Anyway it was a well written path it was fun to play. Hopefully the rest are as enjoy able if not more so. So to continue on down the line of how i did this in the demo. Hanako is up next.
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

Lilly's path can be said to be the epitomy of visual novels.

For me Lilly and her ajoined path was something far beyond what any other path could possibly achieve,

It was far above what any other visual novel could achieve,

It was far above what anything else could achieve.

Whoever designed this story, (I believe it was Suriko?) is undoubtably nothing short of an emotional genius, sometimes the writing is crude, sometimes it is hard to understand why, but always it tugs at your emotions, always you will find that you WILL relate, it's not a matter of if you can or if you want to relate, you WILL relate, it hits upon something so deep in yoruself that your heart refuses to NOT give out.

It is a lucky thing then, that I am capable to completely immersing myself in a story for If I could not then I believe any effort I made to go through the stories of Hanako, Rin, Emi and Shizune would very likely end in failure as I could not possibly connect with them the way I did with Lilly.

It is perhaps a good thing then that I can.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Nightydreams wrote:Lilly's path can be said to be the epitomy of visual novels.

For me Lilly and her ajoined path was something far beyond what any other path could possibly achieve,

It was far above what any other visual novel could achieve,

It was far above what anything else could achieve.

Whoever designed this story, (I believe it was Suriko?) is undoubtably nothing short of an emotional genius, sometimes the writing is crude, sometimes it is hard to understand why, but always it tugs at your emotions, always you will find that you WILL relate, it's not a matter of if you can or if you want to relate, you WILL relate, it hits upon something so deep in yoruself that your heart refuses to NOT give out.

It is a lucky thing then, that I am capable to completely immersing myself in a story for If I could not then I believe any effort I made to go through the stories of Hanako, Rin, Emi and Shizune would very likely end in failure as I could not possibly connect with them the way I did with Lilly.

It is perhaps a good thing then that I can.
Uwaa, was about thinking the same thing about Lilly's path. Have yet to try Hanako's, but wonder if it'll even get close to hers.
"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"I'll tutor you." - Misha
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

Xevo wrote:Uwaa, was about thinking the same thing about Lilly's path. Have yet to try Hanako's, but wonder if it'll even get close to hers.
As much as I hate to admit it... My heart and soul could not possibly handle another route so soon after finishing Lilly's (my first route that I finished only tonight). However, because of Hanako's influence in Lilly's path I am going to conciously try for her soon, as opposed to how I started Lilly's path where I chose choices that I thought I myself would choose which makes Lilly my natural choice.

Lilly being my natural choice, or "The Girl Meant For Me" based on my personal choices makes it that much harder to move onto other paths so I must prepare mentally beforehand.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world