Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

Misfile17

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Misfile17 »

Terrato! speak tomorrow then yes? :3
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

alabaster wrote:
Misfile17 wrote:I know what you mean, As Nice as it would be to see some more of KS I think it's brilliant the way it is, And I wouldnt take part in a fan project to expand it because it wouldnt have the same magic, I'd also like to see more from 4LS but for now I think they deserve a decent break for already doing something so amazing. But something similar that captures the same kind of emotions would be nice to see, from them or other Developers, Sorry If Im not making sense,
No, of course you're making sense. I'm right there with you, and I'm craving something that gives me that same rush that my first playthrough of KS did. Just...not more KS. It's like when somebody makes a sequel to your favorite film even though the original ended on the perfect note to begin with.
Yeah thats pretty much it, It isn't necessary, but to be able to experience the same feeling again would be magical, It's truly one of the greatest experiences I've ever had, it's done so much more than just be entertainment xD
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

alabaster wrote:
Misfile17 wrote:I know what you mean, As Nice as it would be to see some more of KS I think it's brilliant the way it is, And I wouldnt take part in a fan project to expand it because it wouldnt have the same magic, I'd also like to see more from 4LS but for now I think they deserve a decent break for already doing something so amazing. But something similar that captures the same kind of emotions would be nice to see, from them or other Developers, Sorry If Im not making sense,
No, of course you're making sense. I'm right there with you, and I'm craving something that gives me that same rush that my first playthrough of KS did. Just...not more KS. It's like when somebody makes a sequel to your favorite film even though the original ended on the perfect note to begin with.
It's really hard to find the same magic that you had on the same play through, unless you have a dakimakura which are nice :D, but if i could make a suggestion. Fate/Stay night was good and some anime you could try based on VNs. Amagami, Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls, Clannad, and Kanon were nice.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

scoopnokes wrote: It's really hard to find the same magic that you had on the same play through, unless you have a dakimakura which are nice :D, but if i could make a suggestion. Fate/Stay night was good and some anime you could try based on VNs. Amagami, Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls, Clannad, and Kanon were nice.
Amagami SS for the sweetness :)
now available in Amagami SS Plus++
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

Snelx wrote:
scoopnokes wrote: It's really hard to find the same magic that you had on the same play through, unless you have a dakimakura which are nice :D, but if i could make a suggestion. Fate/Stay night was good and some anime you could try based on VNs. Amagami, Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls, Clannad, and Kanon were nice.
Amagami SS for the sweetness :)
now available in Amagami SS Plus++
HELLZ YEAH
alabaster

Post by alabaster »

scoopnokes wrote:
alabaster wrote:
Misfile17 wrote:It's really hard to find the same magic that you had on the same play through, unless you have a dakimakura which are nice :D, but if i could make a suggestion. Fate/Stay night was good and some anime you could try based on VNs. Amagami, Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls, Clannad, and Kanon were nice.
Hm...I'll have to check those out. Thanks for the recommendation.
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

alabaster wrote:
scoopnokes wrote:
alabaster wrote:
Hm...I'll have to check those out. Thanks for the recommendation.
oh lol your name, how's vivi?
D-Goldd-

Post by D-Goldd- »

Anyone know the choices to get all the different scenes in lily's route? I would look at the full flowchart but I don't want to spoil myself too much.
alabaster

Post by alabaster »

D-Goldd- wrote:Anyone know the choices to get all the different scenes in lilies route? I would look at the full flowchart but I don't want to spoil myself too much.
If I'm not mistaken, the good end gets you all her scenes.
shirolong

Post by shirolong »

alabaster wrote:
D-Goldd- wrote:Anyone know the choices to get all the different scenes in lilies route? I would look at the full flowchart but I don't want to spoil myself too much.
If I'm not mistaken, the good end gets you all her scenes.
You are right, Lilly's good ending is the only one you need to get all her scenes/CG. I don't think that's the same with 100% completion though.
shadowbb

Post by shadowbb »

You do get all her scenes with the good ending, but you need to do the neutral ending to get 100% completion.
**Library 100% complete.**

1. Lilly *Done*
2. Hanako *Done*
3. Emi *Done*
4. Rin *Done*
5. Shizune *Done*
Namae

Post by Namae »

If you only want/care for 100% Library, you can afford to miss Lilly's bad ending (as well as Emi's, in fact) completely. All you really get for going thru all endings is the last picture in the Gallery... which is, honestly, not worth it at all <_<.

Post by Guest »

I love this route, best route by far.

If you list the positives:

-Hanako has advanced on her life. Is no longer a shut in, insecure wreck that can't talk to anybody.
- Akira ends up going to the airport with her boyfriend (In Shizunes playthrough and in Hanakos we see them both going to Scotland, although one can only speculate if they both permanently end up there.
- Lilly and Shizune patch things up, which in no other playthrough they do.
- Hisao has his future career path sorted out.
- Obviously ending up with Lily

I could list multiple more reasons, but really, the ending is on such a high and it was such an emotional rollercoaster there.

I see a few complaints about some cliche moments, such as the airport dash but really, people need to consider that so long as something is done well, that's all that matters, quality over originality. If something is original and crap/mediocre, it still pales in comparison to something cliche and excellently done. And, it is romance people, you can't get more cliche than romance.

For my own personal reasons, this is my first played VN and I absolutely loved it. If anything, Lillys character has reminded me what sort of woman I want in real life. Someone that values honesty, integrity, who is mature, classy yet not stuck up and a full list of other positive qualities that make for a great partner/relationship. Which is a good thing for me, since I took a bad hit with a girl who I inadvertantly fell in love with IRL, who has terrible qualities about her but was fun/cute to be with and it went horribly between us. This route reminds me of what kind of woman I'm searching for and why, even if I'm heartbroken over my ex, why it never would have worked out with her in the long run. Weird how I can pick that up for a game, but there you go, it's helped me get over her a little and remember that there are girls out there IRL just like Lily <3.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Guest wrote:I love this route, best route by far.

If you list the positives:

-Hanako has advanced on her life. Is no longer a shut in, insecure wreck that can't talk to anybody.
- Akira ends up going to the airport with her boyfriend (In Shizunes playthrough and in Hanakos we see them both going to Scotland, although one can only speculate if they both permanently end up there.
- Lilly and Shizune patch things up, which in no other playthrough they do.
- Hisao has his future career path sorted out.
- Obviously ending up with Lily

I could list multiple more reasons, but really, the ending is on such a high and it was such an emotional rollercoaster there.

I see a few complaints about some cliche moments, such as the airport dash but really, people need to consider that so long as something is done well, that's all that matters, quality over originality. If something is original and crap/mediocre, it still pales in comparison to something cliche and excellently done. And, it is romance people, you can't get more cliche than romance.

For my own personal reasons, this is my first played VN and I absolutely loved it. If anything, Lillys character has reminded me what sort of woman I want in real life. Someone that values honesty, integrity, who is mature, classy yet not stuck up and a full list of other positive qualities that make for a great partner/relationship. Which is a good thing for me, since I took a bad hit with a girl who I inadvertantly fell in love with IRL, who has terrible qualities about her but was fun/cute to be with and it went horribly between us. This route reminds me of what kind of woman I'm searching for and why, even if I'm heartbroken over my ex, why it never would have worked out with her in the long run. Weird how I can pick that up for a game, but there you go, it's helped me get over her a little and remember that there are girls out there IRL just like Lily <3.
Very well said and I whole heartedly agree with you on the points you made about the route itself, And about Lilly being the type of woman you/I want in life, Katawa shoujo is for lack of a better word, Amazing and I love it so much, ( it was also my first VN :3 ) It isn't weird to get these sorts of feelings from anything, especially something like KS which is just so well made and evokes so many different emotions within you, I loved it and will never forget it for as long as I live.
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

while KS wasn't my first VN, it's the only one i've ever held so much respect for. so much so that well, for lack of better words; i wasn't playing for the same reason most people play VN's. i assume most of us feel this way... KS is really so well written that you can't help but want to believe everything is real.