Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

sporkaganza

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by sporkaganza »

Notguest wrote:Does Kenji's choice actually affect anything? I humored him and still got the good end.

I bet only the questions where you have to hide something actually matter.
Yeah - if you choose not to humor him, he tells you his theory anyway, so I don't think it makes a damn bit of difference. It's just to make it look like there's a choice so they can make a joke out of it.
Hastein

Post by Hastein »

Holy molly that's a lot of molly ! I love Hanako's route but man this one is just so great. I think you can say it is the canon path (at least for me), sure you don't interract with Emi and Rin, but how Hanako gets throw the end, Shizune have some kind of peace treaty with Lilly... Lilly's path is just perfect, I mean her H-scenes are totally different from any others mainly because there is love in it. She loves Hisao with all of her heart, it's not forced opr there's not motivation behind it. It was a touching story, sweet and tender. And the end made me so furious loluntil the music of course then I was like : yes ! yes ! yeeeeeeeeeeeees ! So... Best path. And this is for us guys since we got throw these raw emotions.

http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/13/65/86/68/lilly11.jpg
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

I am halfway through with Lily, (after leaving for the trip with Hisao and hanako, and on the way back home)

I have to sound of something :?

To be blind at birth (i think that is the case for Lily)
is like not knowing how trees/ sky/ human looks like.

I did some research and surprisingly, even those blind at birth have their unique way of forming visual images in their mind, using sense of touch and hearing.

But then again,
how did a person who is blind at birth knows that he/ she is different from the rest?
how did that person knows about the ability of sight?
how did that person knows how a normal human look like/ how the things i mention to her looks like?
etc etc

I don't know..

the more i think about this,
the more heart wreaking it is to be in Lily route.

To be blind at birth is like not knowing what is life..
and i wont know how to talk to someone like this.. :(

if she is blind after reaching an age where she can understand stuff, that would be a different story to me.
i think i can relate better that way...

can someone enlighten me how does Lily feels and cope with her blindness since birth?
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

Snelx wrote:I am halfway through with Lily, (after leaving for the trip with Hisao and hanako, and on the way back home)

I have to sound of something :?

To be blind at birth (i think that is the case for Lily)
is like not knowing how trees/ sky/ human looks like.

I did some research and surprisingly, even those blind at birth have their unique way of forming visual images in their mind, using sense of touch and hearing.

But then again,
how did a person who is blind at birth knows that he/ she is different from the rest?
how did that person knows about the ability of sight?
how did that person knows how a normal human look like/ how the things i mention to her looks like?
etc etc

I don't know..

the more i think about this,
the more heart wreaking it is to be in Lily route.

To be blind at birth is like not knowing what is life..
and i wont know how to talk to someone like this.. :(

if she is blind after reaching an age where she can understand stuff, that would be a different story to me.
i think i can relate better that way...

can someone enlighten me how does Lily feels and cope with her blindness since birth?
never paid attention to it much i'm assuming. She does things differently than the rest of us is all. Possibly it took a while for her to grow up like that when she needed to learn how to move around. Lilly did say she had her own preferences when she first touched Hisao's face I guess that means she has her way to live nothing unlike eating Oreo's with peanut butter instead of milk.
zeroyuki92

Post by zeroyuki92 »

One thing that really piqued my interest is when Lilly telling Hisao about how usually her dream is. Haven't imagined a dream without visual before, that must be something entirely different.

Btw,about the route itself...

+ Among the routes that I have been played, this route has the best romance so far.
+ Lilly in red dress is totally beautiful
+ Awesome writing, and pretty long.
+ Seeing Hanako become pretty independent and changing made me happy especially when she's more independent than in her own route < hanako route spoiler
+ Good emotion manipulation and build-up there. I was keep questioning myself if I entered the correct route or not
- Too bad I had spoiled myself about the importance of the music box, so I somehow predicted how things will resolved in the hospital scene
- Some things about how Lilly decides to stay in Japan still haven't clear, IMO. I was wishing that her decision and her family problems to be more emphasized
- Related to the previous point, Lilly's route has a single, pretty significant drawback for me :
Lilly itself weren't developed much as other characters in her own route.
While Hanako developing very rapidly and Hisao become more able to decides for himself, Lilly pretty much already becomes Mary Sue from the very beginning.
While it's a kind of inevitable, I was hoping that she opens up herself and deciding something for herself towards the ending...Her decision to stay in Japan still lacking of her own resolution, IMO.

TL;DR : In my opinion, what prevent Lilly's Route to reach God Tier is...Lacking of heroine (personal) development and dramatic decision. Alternatively, more plot twists may also help.

But overall, her route still reached the best route in KS so far due to well developed relationship and good writing.
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

zeroyuki92 wrote:One thing that really piqued my interest is when Lilly telling Hisao about how usually her dream is. Haven't imagined a dream without visual before, that must be something entirely different.

Btw,about the route itself...

+ Among the routes that I have been played, this route has the best romance so far.
+ Lilly in red dress is totally beautiful
+ Awesome writing, and pretty long.
+ Seeing Hanako become pretty independent and changing made me happy especially when she's more independent than in her own route < hanako route spoiler
+ Good emotion manipulation and build-up there. I was keep questioning myself if I entered the correct route or not
- Too bad I had spoiled myself about the importance of the music box, so I somehow predicted how things will resolved in the hospital scene
- Some things about how Lilly decides to stay in Japan still haven't clear, IMO. I was wishing that her decision and her family problems to be more emphasized
- Related to the previous point, Lilly's route has a single, pretty significant drawback for me :
Lilly itself weren't developed much as other characters in her own route.
While Hanako developing very rapidly and Hisao become more able to decides for himself, Lilly pretty much already becomes Mary Sue from the very beginning.
While it's a kind of inevitable, I was hoping that she opens up herself and deciding something for herself towards the ending...Her decision to stay in Japan still lacking of her own resolution, IMO.

TL;DR : In my opinion, what prevent Lilly's Route to reach God Tier is...Lacking of heroine (personal) development and dramatic decision. Alternatively, more plot twists may also help.

But overall, her route still reached the best route in KS so far due to well developed relationship and good writing.
spoiler explanation > Reason Lilly was leaving in the first place was cause she didn't seem to have anyone left to hold her back to stay here since her sister was leaving who was her onl family for the longest time. Sure she loved Hisao but since if Hisao wasn't fully honest she couldnt' stay jsut for that, but since he was she could stay and be with him. Hanako she felt needed to grow for herself anyways despite Lilly always wanting to be there for her.

if you would like to hear my thoughts on your last drawback about her not developing as much, she develops a whole lot and i stated how in another thread i believe.
xanderhunter

Post by xanderhunter »

So this is my third play though, First with Hanako good, then Shizune good. Here are the random things that stuck out to me.

Not sure why but the second act didn't stick out to me to much. I'll probably play through this ending again as it was so far my favorite ending, but I really cant remember what happened in Act 2 at all. I remember seeing hey your in Act 3 and was like really? Did I accomplish anything at all?

As with all the other sex scenes it still came out of left field, but wasn't quite as bad as Shizune's but maybe it was just different. Kinda off-putting for them to jump right to sex after saying they loved each other, but they at least got the words out unlike with shizune's ploy. Also a second sex scene only a day after their first? Did I jump into one of those other sexcrazed VN's by accident? Also don't know why but I was giggling madly to myself when she wanted to come into the bathroom, something about they have already seen each other naked and Hisao not even needing to worry about it because she CAN'T see him. That was of course before I knew it was turning into OMG SEXQUEL. (seeing as neither of the other paths had basically back to back sex scenes).

Something I noticed compared to the other two paths, this one had a lot of outside relevance. We had lots of interactions with Misha and Shizune, including the little sub-plot of how they stopped becoming friends, though I still want to know what happened based on Lilly's point of view because Shizune's point was very one sided it seems shallow that very close First Cousins should be enemies over a random incident at a student council meeting. Also why so may dialogue options? Tore me up trying to think whether or not Kenji's stupid choice would matter, that being said I got best ending without thinking too hard, but unlike some I actually didnt choose to talk about Hanako on the train, so it's not necessarily about getting all the right choices, just most of them.

Now for some oddball one's I'll lump together. At the second tea party with Akira the player mentions they see Hanako beside them when clearly on the photo she is in between the two sisters, someone dun goofed up? Also there really need's to be a more melancholy version of the jingle that plays when the rotating heart thing shows up, because after your talk with Akira about Lilly going back to Scotland for good and Hisao says Will you leave, or stay? it was really jarring to have that play like right after that. Also I never did really get, why did Lilly get super angry when

Finally the ending. I wasn't really all that surprised with the ending once Hisao decided to actually go after her that night, I knew he'd somehow catch up with her and convince her to stay. Up to that point I was thinking "Oh god I chose the wrong option with Kenji and this is what I get? Really??" Overall I have to rate this at a 4 tied for first with Hanako's ending. This one felt the most fleshed out so far, having decent interactions with the other people outside of the 2 person cliques, though more then the roof scene with Rin and Emi would have been nice. So I guess it's off to Rin tomorrow and then probably Kenji just because I don't want to go out leaving Kenji as my last memory.

Post by Guest »

Lilly's route (good ending) was the first route I did, and to be honest, it could have been the only route. It was the only route that really got an emotion out of me, the other being Rin's which I hastily played through, finding it way too depressing for my tastes. Lilly's good end I actually cried at, and then felt much joy and happiness at the end. I haven't cried like that in years, which shows how much it touched me. It was a fantastic route, and it felt like it had more emotion and love than the other routes as well.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

scoopnokes wrote: never paid attention to it much i'm assuming. She does things differently than the rest of us is all. Possibly it took a while for her to grow up like that when she needed to learn how to move around. Lilly did say she had her own preferences when she first touched Hisao's face I guess that means she has her way to live nothing unlike eating Oreo's with peanut butter instead of milk.
I guess u are right.

it is just that if i imagine that i suddenly go blind, i wont know how to adapt to it.
and that leads me to thinking, what if i'm blind from birth?

I wont even know how my parents look like, nor what internet is @_@
what is colors? what is sky, clouds?
omg. i just cant imagine being Lily. How much she suffers.

maybe she didn't know,
but if those who can see, imagine the spot she is in, i feel heart breaks... :(
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

Snelx wrote:
scoopnokes wrote: never paid attention to it much i'm assuming. She does things differently than the rest of us is all. Possibly it took a while for her to grow up like that when she needed to learn how to move around. Lilly did say she had her own preferences when she first touched Hisao's face I guess that means she has her way to live nothing unlike eating Oreo's with peanut butter instead of milk.
I guess u are right.

it is just that if i imagine that i suddenly go blind, i wont know how to adapt to it.
and that leads me to thinking, what if i'm blind from birth?

I wont even know how my parents look like, nor what internet is @_@
what is colors? what is sky, clouds?
omg. i just cant imagine being Lily. How much she suffers.

maybe she didn't know,
but if those who can see, imagine the spot she is in, i feel heart breaks... :(
well again, Lilly never has seen before, so i'm guess that it really doesnt' bother her that she can't see. It'd bother her more maybe if she could see before. But in a way Lilly is able to see in her own way.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

scoopnokes wrote:
griffon8 wrote:Next up: Hanako.
you'll love hanako's :)
You know, I didn't like it as much. It was good, no question, but not as good as Lilly's.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

griffon8 wrote:
scoopnokes wrote:
griffon8 wrote:Next up: Hanako.
you'll love hanako's :)
You know, I didn't like it as much. It was good, no question, but not as good as Lilly's.
I agree but still hanako is good.
Krikt

Post by Krikt »

Lilly's route was the final one I played because I read multiple times that it was the best. I also had sections of it spoiled for me, alas, including that there was a twist at the end.

Still, it was one of the happiest and I'm glad I ended on it. It's interesting to see how much Hanako grows perhaps because she can't just hang out with Lilly. That said, it's also rather devastating how Emi points out she can't get a running partner and that this route seems to feature Hisao with the poorest health. I wonder if that's because he limits his walking to match Lilly? Regardless, it's not hard to believe that this version of Hisao would take note of Lilly's worrying and improve his health for the sake of both of them.

Anyway, Lilly's arc greatly benefits from the scale over which it transpires and it really does feel as if there's a sense of closure because it ends so well.
scoopnokes wrote:I agree but still hanako is good.
I've seen people argue that in Hanako's path that she didn't end up as happy as in Lilly's. She's clearly much more outgoing and willing to speak to other people. I think that's just a result of the path ending so soon in the year, though.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Krikt wrote: I've seen people argue that in Hanako's path that she didn't end up as happy as in Lilly's. She's clearly much more outgoing and willing to speak to other people. I think that's just a result of the path ending so soon in the year, though.
Yup. Being completed on Hanako's route, i will say Hanako didn't appear to be as much changed, as compared to her in Lily route.
Hanako is more opened-up and not so unstable in Lily route than in her own route.

However, that could be due to the timeline itself.
Hanako route end during Lily still in Scotland. (if i remember it right, as the story shift away the focus of Lily)

While Lily route proceeds fast, (during the time when she is in Scotland), and reach a 'further' timeline than Hanako's route.

So maybe it is because of the extra time,
hence, Hanako is able to change more in Lily route than in her own route.

- Rykn

CrimsonKnight0

Post by CrimsonKnight0 »

Snelx wrote:
Krikt wrote: I've seen people argue that in Hanako's path that she didn't end up as happy as in Lilly's. She's clearly much more outgoing and willing to speak to other people. I think that's just a result of the path ending so soon in the year, though.
Yup. Being completed on Hanako's route, i will say Hanako didn't appear to be as much changed, as compared to her in Lily route.
Hanako is more opened-up and not so unstable in Lily route than in her own route.

However, that could be due to the timeline itself.
Hanako route end during Lily still in Scotland. (if i remember it right, as the story shift away the focus of Lily)

While Lily route proceeds fast, (during the time when she is in Scotland), and reach a 'further' timeline than Hanako's route.

So maybe it is because of the extra time,
hence, Hanako is able to change more in Lily route than in her own route.
I think Hanako´s change in Lilly´s route was due to Lilly and Hisao providing protective figures for her, rather than being just her and Hisao on her route, with their respective difficulties. Besides, in Lilly´s route she came to give the couple some space, and that along with the role they had for her made her more secure of herself, and being able to reach out to someone else besides them. Anyhow, I think the outcome was more or less the same, but with a different "intensity".
When Yamaku is... ashes, you have my permission to die.