Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Post Reply

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

5
1452
71%
4
398
19%
3
114
6%
2
34
2%
1
56
3%
 
Total votes: 2054

Geroaergaroe
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Geroaergaroe » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Lndbcn wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Lilly Act IV - Context:
Akira wrote:"When our folks old me that when we were at their place, though, they also gave Lilly a summons to rejoin them in Inverness."
I also missed a reason for exactly why their parents would want Lilly to rejoin them. It's not like anything about Lilly's condition has changed...
Yeah, just rechecked that scene myself. I guess you're right, though it really jars with the whole 'not wanting Hisao to leave' theme of the confession, and the way her attitude towards talking about the future only seemed to change later. It just feels like a weird inconsistency.

I just figured they wanted her back because she had become capable of a certain amount of independence, and wouldn't hinder their business by needing help or attention.
When i was playing, i though it was because Akira was going, and therefore Lilly would have been left alone in Japan.

By the way, sorry Suriko :<

Jucez
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Jucez » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Lndbcn wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Lilly Act IV - Context:
Akira wrote:"When our folks old me that when we were at their place, though, they also gave Lilly a summons to rejoin them in Inverness."
I also missed a reason for exactly why their parents would want Lilly to rejoin them. It's not like anything about Lilly's condition has changed...
Yeah, just rechecked that scene myself. I guess you're right, though it really jars with the whole 'not wanting Hisao to leave' theme of the confession, and the way her attitude towards talking about the future only seemed to change later. It just feels like a weird inconsistency.

I just figured they wanted her back because she had become capable of a certain amount of independence, and wouldn't hinder their business by needing help or attention.

I feel like i've been ignored =D

User avatar
Deltamon
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:47 am

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Deltamon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Oh god... This path.... So very emotional, now after comparing this to the Hanako's path that I played first.. I get this feeling that so very much more happened during this story than the Hanako's..

But I must admit, even tho I was close to shed some tears many time.. It didn't happen until one very certain point: After I watched the animation between Act 1 and Act 2 again, after completing the whole story... Holy shit did seeing that make me emotional. So much stuff in that short animation that you had no freaking idea before actually seeing the story through. So I must salute the person who made that Animation, it's truly brilliant and amazingly subtle on everything that it actually contains, it's a masterful piece of art that really brought tears to my eyes after completing the story.
Hanako = Shizune = Rin = Lilly = Emi
I just don't like categorizing people. Even if Hanako will always be the dearest for me, I still prefer if they all get equal share of love.

User avatar
Grayfox
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Look Behind You
Contact:

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Grayfox » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Lndbcn wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Lilly Act IV - Context:
Akira wrote:"When our folks old me that when we were at their place, though, they also gave Lilly a summons to rejoin them in Inverness."
I also missed a reason for exactly why their parents would want Lilly to rejoin them. It's not like anything about Lilly's condition has changed...
Yeah, just rechecked that scene myself. I guess you're right, though it really jars with the whole 'not wanting Hisao to leave' theme of the confession, and the way her attitude towards talking about the future only seemed to change later. It just feels like a weird inconsistency.

I just figured they wanted her back because she had become capable of a certain amount of independence, and wouldn't hinder their business by needing help or attention.
Actually, from what I remember, she didn't specify how long it had been since she ha decided to go back. Just that she had known for a bit, although, in that same conversation, she tells Hisao that she never mentioned it to him because she didn't want to until she was absolutely sure, so who the hell really knows?
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... The only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in."
-Frank Jaegar

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Emi, Hanako, Lilly, Rin, Shizune

Current Path: Hanako (2nd Playthrough)

User avatar
Sardaukar
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:02 pm
Location: Land strong and free

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Sardaukar » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Lndbcn wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Lilly Act IV - Context:
Akira wrote:"When our folks old me that when we were at their place, though, they also gave Lilly a summons to rejoin them in Inverness."
I also missed a reason for exactly why their parents would want Lilly to rejoin them. It's not like anything about Lilly's condition has changed...
Yeah, just rechecked that scene myself. I guess you're right, though it really jars with the whole 'not wanting Hisao to leave' theme of the confession, and the way her attitude towards talking about the future only seemed to change later. It just feels like a weird inconsistency.

I just figured they wanted her back because she had become capable of a certain amount of independence, and wouldn't hinder their business by needing help or attention.
Perhaps because Lilly believes the memories she had with Hisao to be more long lasting than the relationship itself. Afterall, he could die any moment. Then when Hisao chases after her, she realizes despite he may not last forever. Nothing does last, and Lilly would rather be happy for some time, than simply moving for Akira, and god knows what.

Just a thought. My original train was on better track than this, but I lost it. :?
Lilly <3
:D

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Shizune, Rin

Current Path: Lilly, again.

fanty
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 6:19 am

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by fanty » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:01 pm

So I'm done playing through Lilly, and it was a good enough read, I suppose.

And since I'm not touching Silentsound Graveroad with a 3.048 metre pole, I'm done with KS. Yay! I can return to more productive activities now.

Lurch

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Lurch » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:50 pm

Having just played through hanao's route, and had a bit more time to think, there are things I liked about Lilly's route too.
The last scene in the hospital was especially well written, and I liked the way the route focused on Hisao coming to terms with his own problems - with Lillys help, rather than the other way around.

It did try to say something about not being afraid to rely on others for help, but I felt it was little muddled, and didn't really get it, but overall, even with it's weaknesses, it's still a good route

User avatar
Actionman3457
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:21 pm

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Actionman3457 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:56 am

Lilly route is my favorite so far. It got a little predictable when Lilly was going to leave for Scotland near the end, I just knew Hisao was going to chase after her and make her change her mind. Thankfully I was right, and I will admit that this route brought me close to tears. Which is a pretty significant accomplishment since I'm usually a bastard with a cold heart. :D
"Your fine words and shining armor will get you nowhere!"-Travis Touchdown, Project Heroes

StotheD

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by StotheD » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:06 am

I finished Lilly's path earlier tonight, and I found both the artwork and the story path to be most impressive. Props to the makers, for sure.

For those who are having problems, and this may sound redundant by this point, there is a pretty simple procedure to getting Lilly's good ending. When you have an opportunity to talk about the hardball questions, don't clam up about them. Simply address them. Also, you can humor Kenji when the time comes for the lols. It's the right choice anyway. However, opt for talking about school instead of Hanako while on the train. This will help make headway toward the good ending.

I haven't confirm it yet, as I haven't gotten the bad ending (I now have. I confirmed it while posting) for this route yet, but the reason that you shouldn't choose to talk about Hanako on the train is because it can act as a trigger to putting Lilly and Hanako on the same playing level. Hisao has already called Lilly about Hanako because he was worried about her. Opting to talk about Hanako during the train scene when Lilly and Hisao are alone shows that Hisao would rather talk about another girl during his alone time with Lilly. Bad stuff. She's your new girlfriend and you're already talking about other women 8) . Obviously, if you do this then when it comes time to say goodbye (assuming you've made at least one other wrong choices) Hisao won't have the urge to stop Lilly because he still has Honoka.

That scene seems to be the deal breaker between the good ending and the bad ending, and I felt like I should just clarify on that.

User avatar
NubChaos
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:02 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by NubChaos » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:07 am

So is anyone able to listen to Bach's "Sarabande" without tearing up or at least fondly remembering the Lilly path? I know I can't listen to it without getting emotional...

And if you're wondering, Bach's Sarabande is the music box theme.
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune

User avatar
Palas
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:25 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Palas » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:27 am

StotheD wrote:I finished Lilly's path earlier tonight, and I found both the artwork and the story path to be most impressive. Props to the makers, for sure.

For those who are having problems, and this may sound redundant by this point, there is a pretty simple procedure to getting Lilly's good ending. When you have an opportunity to talk about the hardball questions, don't clam up about them. Simply address them. Also, you can humor Kenji when the time comes for the lols. It's the right choice anyway. However, opt for talking about school instead of Hanako while on the train. This will help make headway toward the good ending.

I haven't confirm it yet, as I haven't gotten the bad ending (I now have. I confirmed it while posting) for this route yet, but the reason that you shouldn't choose to talk about Hanako on the train is because it can act as a trigger to putting Lilly and Hanako on the same playing level. Hisao has already called Lilly about Hanako because he was worried about her. Opting to talk about Hanako during the train scene when Lilly and Hisao are alone shows that Hisao would rather talk about another girl during his alone time with Lilly. Bad stuff. She's your new girlfriend and you're already talking about other women 8) . Obviously, if you do this then when it comes time to say goodbye (assuming you've made at least one other wrong choices) Hisao won't have the urge to stop Lilly because he still has Honoka.

That scene seems to be the deal breaker between the good ending and the bad ending, and I felt like I should just clarify on that.
Thank God you're wrong. I could defenestrate you if you weren't. I read your post after choosing to talk about Hanako. Suddenly what was set to be heading towards a good ending went hopeless in my mind, and the fact that it holds on until the last minute to show you which of them you're going to get was particularly unhelpful. But I got the good ending anyway.

Now... what's wrong with me?

I saw it coming. I did read all the spoilers. I knew what was going to happen. The tension-building scenes were unnefective on me because I knew everything was going to be alright.

Still, tears were shed in the last scene (not counting the one after the credits). I cried even though I thought I wouldn't. This is my third path already and I got emotional in ALL of them.

Suriko has made the most wonderful job here. Lilly's character development was just as good as Emi's, but the H-scenes blended in much more smoothly and adequately in comparison. Masterpieces indeed. The last H-scene was probably the most deliciously erotic one of all as well. Even though I still prefer Emi's route because... well, I really don't know, it made me cry more? Well, Lilly is now my second favourite character since they made a mix of Omochao and Catherine out of Misha :|.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.

StotheD

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by StotheD » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:41 am

Well as long as you don't get more than two, possibly three, answers wrong during Lilly's route you will go on to get the good ending anyway. Answer Honoka instead of school does actually count against you. I replayed the last two choices twice. I answered Honoka and Tell about the letter and still got the good ending, but when I answered Honoka and not to talk about the letter it went to the bad ending.

You probably only missed one, so you were safe. :)

StotheD

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by StotheD » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:05 am

Well, after one final test...guess what?

I am wrong. Believe it or not, whether you answer Hanako or school while on the train, it has absolutely no baring on whether you get the good end or bad end whatsoever. I just went back and did the third option of talking about school and Dropped the Subject. It got me the bad ending.

So yeah. Just disregard all of what I've said thus far. Whether you answer Hanako or school doesn't effect the good or bad ending. :)

mongooseman7
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:27 am

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by mongooseman7 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:19 am

I don't have much to contribute to this conversation aside from uncontrolled, emotional sobbing. In a good way, though. :') I was especially glad to see that the H scenes were just the right mix of sweet and sexy, I didn't feel cheap or perverted while reading them. Pleasantly surprised about Lilly's "healthy adolescent sex drive" as well. :) I'll have to do this route again after doing Hanako's and Rin's. Wonderful job, Suriko. Not without it's flaws, but this is definitely something you should be really, REALLY proud of.

yuastnav
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:59 am

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by yuastnav » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:58 am

NubChaos wrote:So is anyone able to listen to Bach's "Sarabande" without tearing up or at least fondly remembering the Lilly path? I know I can't listen to it without getting emotional...

And if you're wondering, Bach's Sarabande is the music box theme.
It is actually Bach's sarabande from Bachs-Werke-Verzeichnis 1010 ;).
And yes, I do not think I will be able to get that memory out of my head for a long time.

[edit]
http://imslp.org/wiki/Special:ImagefromIndex/116795
"[...] it's just a ride."

Post Reply