Is this goodbye?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YungJerzey

Is this goodbye?

Post by YungJerzey »

As this game comes to it's release I realize that it's also reached it's inevitable end. The conflicting emotions of being able to play a game that has true heart with a griping story line, lovable characters, believable conflicts and emotional ties that can bring me from a laugh to silence with only a few lines of text shows it's a game that is well made. Yet I can't help but feel sad that 4 leaf studios says it's not going to continue on. It was created for the soul purpose of making katawa shoujo and is moving on like a personal experience that fades to a memory. Realizing that time can't stop, you are left found wanting. I am playing the game right now re-reading act 1 like I did so many years ago, remembering it like I just played it.

Maybe it is just me but is anyone else a little sad as I am to see this game finally release?

I loved reading the blogs and looking for the release date like everyone else. I even feared that it was going to be a game that never came to be. I saw that was almost the case in one of the blogs. But for the love of the Idea and only a single Idea people came together and gave life to this one page story and turned it into something bigger then I honestly would have imagined. Act 1 was stunning and I was shocked that it was only a small piece of a much larger story in development. I guess when it comes down to it, What I see is the fact that this was made not for money or for fame or even because it's the first. It was made because it was fun, even if it was the hardest thing ever to be done. You did it because you wouldn't want to do anything else. Which speaks volumes to me and it's the reason I'm so sad to see it end.

So I will play this game, I will play it till I unlock ever ending, I will play it till I get the final picture like the demo contained. When it is over I will remember the small group at 4 leaf studio and all their hard work.

I hope I'm not the only one who feels sad that this game is out. I would wish for a second, I'd pray for another but maybe this was lightning in a bottle and it can't be caught twice.
gromulke

Re: Is this goodbye?

Post by gromulke »

Everything ends someday. For now, just enjoy the game.

Plus, the forum will still be active during a few month for the people to discuss the game.

Anyway, congratulations 4leaf studio, even thought it was just one game, you managed to make something on par with professionals VN, and became (at least to me) a symbol of the power of internet: a bunch of guys who want to create something, all scattered around the world, and still manage to produce something good.

Thanks to the guys on the forum as well. I did not participate much, but i liked the place ^^
vaen

Post by vaen »

I also like to say thanks for all your efforts.
it's a shame to see the group break up but I can imagine things haven't been peachy and sunshine all the time behind the scenes. everyone puts a part of their soul into something like this so it's inevitable relations get strained after discussing every tiny point time and again.

if nothing else, at least you guys all know you *could* be doing this for a living as far as talent goes.
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

What will happen to these forums now that the game is out? Will they just fade away, forever preserved like a leaf in amber, and in the hearts and minds of the members?
futatsu

Post by futatsu »

i will definitely continue to release remixes of Katawa Shoujo tracks, in memory of FLS.

but seriously, i'm really really impressed at the level of detail in this game... i feel like Four Leaf Studios was like a dying messenger, delivering the last vital package before his predestined death...

i sort of wish i could go back and relive the lifespan of FLS again.

i'm actually pretty sad that it's over.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I expect they'll be busier than ever for quite some time - people have a lot of stuff to discuss now...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Nevis

Post by Nevis »

That thread title only made my heart hurt worse after the Shizune ending. I need a rest from the internet while I baw.
ohdatLass

Post by ohdatLass »

Nevis wrote:That thread title only made my heart hurt worse after the Shizune ending. I need a rest from the internet while I baw.
I did the Shizune route first, thinking it be my least favorite. But I feel exactly like you now.
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

I'm actually having a hard time reading it sometimes. It's the classic case of waiting for the holiday to arrive is really exciting, but after a point, each day all you can think about is how you're going to have to go home soon, and everything you do just brings you closer to that moment. But after this holiday, there are no more holidays - the Department of Holidays is closing down to save tax payers' money or something like that. :lol:

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
Saerain

Post by Saerain »

vaen wrote:if nothing else, at least you guys all know you *could* be doing this for a living as far as talent goes.
Indeed. I really hope that the team's skill is recognized and continues in the future, even if not together. They more than deserve to profit from it, if they don't already.
Because you care deeply about my preferences:
(Shizune = Rin) > Lilly > Emi > Hanako