What ending have you got?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Rivinhal

Re: What ending have you got?

Post by Rivinhal »

matux99 wrote:I'm way too emotional for this! :x :x :x

You guys scared me saying that you cried. I'm now afraid to play Rin's or Lilly's paths

I just finished Hanako's good path (the answers were pretty obvious though) but can't find one ending. I got both ones at the fork when talking to Lilly on the phone (premature and good end) but can't find the third one.

EDIT: playing while broswing forums FTW!!!
Hah, I felt that way too before I played, but it's a good feeling really. I suppose because I tend to be quite reserved in my day to day life, playing a game that has the power to make me go through such emotion is amazing when I think about it. I just got Emi's good end (such a heartwrencher!), and I must say while i've played alot of eroge/visual novel type games, none of them have evoked such emotion and realism like this one. I feel like most ero games present the females as perfect.. and as we all know, no one is perfect.. This might be my own disability speaking (as I am hearing impaired), but imo this is the best romance/ero/novel game i've ever played.. The last time I ever saw myself replaying a game so many times was with 999, and this leaves you with a much warmer, fuzzier feeling, rather than abject horror. Now to try and figure out whom to try for in my 2nd playthough!
Rivinhal

Post by Rivinhal »

machopachow wrote:My heart cant take much more.

Ive finished Hanako and Shizoon path, my favorite is Rin, so I'll save her for last, at Rin's act 3 now.
I probably gonna go for Emi's path right now..
I heard many people got dissapointed with her ending so I was kinda curious..

By the way, Thank you 4 leaf studios for being so generous to release this game for free, I feel like want to pay for a vn with this high up in quality, but as you suggested its going for the children in Africa instead.

Oh and, for the music team of 4ls, the music really helps on creating the atmosphere, you guys did a great freaking job.
I hate to doublepost, but I gotta say, I really liked Emi's ending. and atm, I get the feeling that she will end up being my favorite.. (what can I say really? she has definitely grown on me! lol.) Maybe they got the bad ending? I haven't encountered a bad ending myself yet, but I keep hearing about them, so maybe that's possible?
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

Wren wrote:Just got Shizune's good and bad endings. I have to say it was is a masterpiece her path. I really enjoyed it. Now to the get the rest done.
I am actually content with just going through Shizune's good ending. It was very well written.. Great job by 4LS :)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Rivinhal wrote:
machopachow wrote:I probably gonna go for Emi's path right now..
I hate to doublepost, but I gotta say, I really liked Emi's ending. and atm, I get the feeling that she will end up being my favorite.. (what can I say really? she has definitely grown on me! lol.) Maybe they got the bad ending?
The ending most people were dissatisfied with was Emi's Act 1 ending (Is Carnival)which is probably what machopachow was talking about. Haven't read anyone complain about her good end so far. I liked it. Wasn't quite as emotional as Hanako's or Rin's, but it's my favourite nonetheless.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
matux99

Post by matux99 »

Just happend to me while playing act 1 for the 10th time:

*Don't know who to go for in 2nd playthrough
*Decided picking random answers
*Got Kenji bad end
*Dude. :|
Great Writer
There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer.

When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!"

He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

So far gotten Shizoon good and bad ends and Rin good end. Rin's path was so goddamn heart-wrenching I can't even believe.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
Rivinhal

Post by Rivinhal »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Rivinhal wrote:
machopachow wrote:I probably gonna go for Emi's path right now..
I hate to doublepost, but I gotta say, I really liked Emi's ending. and atm, I get the feeling that she will end up being my favorite.. (what can I say really? she has definitely grown on me! lol.) Maybe they got the bad ending?
The ending most people were dissatisfied with was Emi's Act 1 ending (Is Carnival)which is probably what machopachow was talking about. Haven't read anyone complain about her good end so far. I liked it. Wasn't quite as emotional as Hanako's or Rin's, but it's my favourite nonetheless.
AH.. that makes much more sense! and yeah so far it's my favorite as well. Working on Hanako's right now, and probably Rin's after that.. Lovin this game.. go 4LS! I can say without hesitation that this is one of the most emotion-invoking games i've ever played... And so well written and executed.. simply amazing work..
Grayfox

Post by Grayfox »

matux99 wrote:I'm way too emotional for this! :x :x :x

You guys scared me saying that you cried. I'm now afraid to play Rin's or Lilly's paths

I just finished Hanako's good path (the answers were pretty obvious though) but can't find one ending. I got both ones at the fork when talking to Lilly on the phone (premature and good end) but can't find the third one.

EDIT: playing while broswing forums FTW!!!
I had this problem at first too. What you're missing is her bad end, and what you need to do is When Lilly leaves for Scotland, choose to call it a day instead of taking Hanako into town, and then, when talking to Lilly on the phone, it doesn't matter what you select.

Objectively speaking, I'd have to say that the acts, in terms of how they were written, (And in no way is this saying any of the paths were poorly written) From best to worst, I'd have to say:

1. Lilly
2. Emi
3. Hanako (Although this is actually my favorite path, probably because this was my favorite girl.)
4. Shizune
5. Rin

The paths, from best to worst in terms of how I feel about the characters, then would be

1. Hanako
2. Lilly
3. Emi
4. Shizune
5. Rin

Lilly's is just the best well written over-all. Emi's, despite being disappointing in how the Act 1 demo ended, had some of the best dialogue I've seen in a while, and It also had what I saw as the only real argument between Hisao and his chosen girl while in a relationship that didn't immediately go to the bad ending, which is cool, because it's realistic (Couples fight without immediately breaking up; It happens). Hanako's did a good job of avoiding cliches, even if it might feel a bit cliche at times, and the good end was just beautifully done.
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... The only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in."
-Frank Jaegar

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Emi, Hanako, Lilly, Rin, Shizune

Current Path: Hanako (2nd Playthrough)
Lolz2day

Post by Lolz2day »

I actually liked RIn's path and ending over Emi's and Shizune's, but hey it's all perspective
Grayfox

Post by Grayfox »

Lolz2day wrote:I actually liked RIn's path and ending over Emi's and Shizune's, but hey it's all perspective
Honestly, it was written well, But to me, it wasn't really written explicitly better than Shizune's path, so on that, I was just left with the deciding factor being how I felt about the character within the path.

My biggest problem with Rin's path is that nothing in it feels finite. Nothing feels like it's been cleared up. Even when she says "I love you" to Hisao, a large doubt is put over it, due to the conversation they were having not ten seconds before it, and nothing really makes me feel like it's cleared up. Also, I felt that honestly, the best ending in the path was the bad ending in Act 3, when Hisao just loses his shit on her, although I also admit, part of that might also have to do with the fact that I went from being indifferent towards Rin as a character, other than finding her somewhat interesting, to really disliking her. It might also have to do with the fact that I heard so many good things about Rin's path up to that point, that I legitimately saved it for last, and did Emi's path beforehand, thinking that if Act 1 was any indicator, Emi's path would have been the least impressive (And how wrong I was), and let the hype build things up to much. And in the end, I wasn't really affected by anything that happened in her route.
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... The only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in."
-Frank Jaegar

techk8

Post by techk8 »

1st ending: Hanako Meh End. ._.
2nd ending: Hanako Good End. :3c
3rd ending: Lilly's Meh End. ;_;
4th ending: Lilly's Good End.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Grayfox wrote:My biggest problem with Rin's path is that nothing in it feels finite.
That's because Rin is infinite.
k0ni0ph0bia

Post by k0ni0ph0bia »

My first path was Emi's and I got the good ending. I honestly really enjoyed this one.
The only thing that bothered me, as someone already mentioned, was that Hisao was such an idiot and couldn't figure out that Emi's dad was dead. It was incredibly obvious from the details given that this was the situation, yet the whole time Hisao is completely oblivious to this and it really got me so frustrated.
But I did enjoy the rest of it very much and couldn't help but let a couple man tears fall at a part or two. I'm really looking forward to checking out the other paths. According to everyone, Rin's path seems to be written really well, so I might check that one out next. I didn't completely 100% the demo though :C .
So now I have to find her and Shizune's paths. Can't be too hard though.
Grayfox

Post by Grayfox »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
Grayfox wrote:My biggest problem with Rin's path is that nothing in it feels finite.
That's because Rin is infinite.
'

That's kind of not a good explanation at all. Or at the very least, it doesn't change that it's a problem. I get that it's in her character, and that's cool. But that sort of thing has never appealed to me. And I've never seen a relationship that actually went well with a person like that. Objectively speaking, it's written well. Every bit as well as, at the very least, the Shizune path (And, depending upon how much of a bias I have for Hanako, which I will admit that I do, although I'd like to think it isn't a bad one, Her path too, although I'm inclined to say that's a somewhat big "maybe"). But As for how it all came together, it just feels like a hollow (Maybe even as far as to say a pyrrhic) victory. Again, at that point, it just came down to how each character appealed to me.
-Frank Jaegar

ablankspace

Post by ablankspace »

I ended up writing a thank you to 4ls for their work making this game. i love the characters so much, and it's not even because of the fapping material. so far i've gotten the good ending for rin and emi... both were amazing; i can't complain. the stories and relationships are so well done that i fully believe that katawa shoujo was a 10 year project. After playing through emi's story i realized i was attached to her, then as i played through rin's story, a special place was definitely made; it is definitely one that is going to stick with me. I'm curious to see how things turn out with the other paths to take. i'm currently on hanako's act1. It really blows me away how well the writers did.