I just noticed

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Erybis
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 am

Re: I just noticed

Post by Erybis » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:14 pm

I know, right? Anyway, does anyone think that any of the big game sites will give a shot at reviewing this thing? It seems like an interesting possibility.

User avatar
Misterbadguy
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: I just noticed

Post by Misterbadguy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Erybis wrote:I know, right? Anyway, does anyone think that any of the big game sites will give a shot at reviewing this thing? It seems like an interesting possibility.
I personally don't see a full review happening, not by any of the truly "big" sites. I believe someone postulated that it could see a mention in Kotaku's "should you buy/play" articles though, which I see as a more realistic possibility. I'd like to see RockPaperShotgun do an article on it, that seems like it could happen.
HAZING

User avatar
blackrising
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:31 am
Location: under your bed...
Contact:

Re: I just noticed

Post by blackrising » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Erybis wrote:I know, right? Anyway, does anyone think that any of the big game sites will give a shot at reviewing this thing? It seems like an interesting possibility.
Well, Katawa Shoujo has accumulated a surprisingly big fanbase, especially for a game that focuses on a niche market.
But that's just the thing. Despite the fact that it's a great game that defies stereotypes and portrays disabled people in a realistic (well, more or less) and sensible way, it is, in essence, still a game where you get to bang crippled chicks.
So I kinda doubt we'll see a review by a big game site anytime soon, unless one of them stumbles upon it and decides to give it a try, despite (or because) of the sensitive topic. *shrug*
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!

Drkstrm
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: I just noticed

Post by Drkstrm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:28 pm

blackrising wrote:Bonding over mutual hatred is the best kind of bonding.
Nah, not enough hugging. Though that's not to say that being melted while being hugged is a good kind of bonding though...

Besides, mutual hatred isn't that great an achievement, far too common. Like mice. You are mice.

User avatar
Erybis
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 am

Re: I just noticed

Post by Erybis » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Drkstrm wrote:
blackrising wrote:Bonding over mutual hatred is the best kind of bonding.
Nah, not enough hugging. Though that's not to say that being melted while being hugged is a good kind of bonding though...

Besides, mutual hatred isn't that great an achievement, far too common. Like mice. You are mice.
My avatar is a cat, good sir. This is an insult.

Drkstrm
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: I just noticed

Post by Drkstrm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:54 pm

Erybis wrote:
Drkstrm wrote:
blackrising wrote:Bonding over mutual hatred is the best kind of bonding.
Nah, not enough hugging. Though that's not to say that being melted while being hugged is a good kind of bonding though...

Besides, mutual hatred isn't that great an achievement, far too common. Like mice. You are mice.
My avatar is a cat, good sir. This is an insult.
Ah, but it is not a cat! It is a mouse. The pipe merely creates the feline illusion that you believe to be the truth. It is the Common Pipe Mouse. The pipe is the greatest invention of man...

te-kun
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: I just noticed

Post by te-kun » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:14 pm

Drkstrm wrote:Ah, but it is not a cat! It is a mouse. The pipe merely creates the feline illusion that you believe to be the truth. It is the Common Pipe Mouse. The pipe is the greatest invention of man...
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe"

User avatar
Mercutio
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 8:29 pm
Location: Location: Location:

Re: I just noticed

Post by Mercutio » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Misterbadguy wrote:I personally don't see a full review happening, not by any of the truly "big" sites. I believe someone postulated that it could see a mention in Kotaku's "should you buy/play" articles though, which I see as a more realistic possibility. I'd like to see RockPaperShotgun do an article on it, that seems like it could happen.
wouldn't surprise me if Kotaku did a review or just made an article saying it's done and ready to download. they've talked about it a few times before, and I think those articles got linked here. that's mostly the only gaming site I read, and they do all kinds of stuff for indie games, so they'll probably say something about KS.

'cause let's face it, you don't get much more indie than a bunch of people who met on a message board and don't even have a physical office. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.

User avatar
Worthington
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:20 pm
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Re: I just noticed

Post by Worthington » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:48 am

This thread went weird places after I went to sleep. Sleep on the floor, coincidentally.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios

User avatar
Erybis
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 am

Re: I just noticed

Post by Erybis » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:07 am

Worthington wrote:This thread went weird places after I went to sleep. Sleep on the floor, coincidentally.
Me and Señor Konga Kush tend to do that, young sir. On another note, anyone notice the sheer amount of time to load pages? I'm guessing that it's because of the 100+ users.

Fishpick
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:01 am

Re: I just noticed

Post by Fishpick » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:11 am

blackrising wrote:
And then kill each other over who gets the most fertile female.
And once your testosterone-fueled fight has almost eradicated the male population, we feminists can take over and keep the few remaining males as slaves, used for keeping the world populated.
You can't win.
:twisted:
I may be late to this, and since the game's been released, I don't even know if you'll be reading this soon. But there's actually no need to keep any men. With the advancement of science, all we need are skin cells and ovums. And clone ourselves every generation. Men can all die, and without them, women can live on.

User avatar
Erybis
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 am

Re: I just noticed

Post by Erybis » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:32 am

Fishpick wrote:
blackrising wrote:
And then kill each other over who gets the most fertile female.
And once your testosterone-fueled fight has almost eradicated the male population, we feminists can take over and keep the few remaining males as slaves, used for keeping the world populated.
You can't win.
:twisted:
I may be late to this, and since the game's been released, I don't even know if you'll be reading this soon. But there's actually no need to keep any men. With the advancement of science, all we need are skin cells and ovums. And clone ourselves every generation. Men can all die, and without them, women can live on.
God damn it, Fishpick. Why?! You traitor, you.

User avatar
Worthington
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:20 pm
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Re: I just noticed

Post by Worthington » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:39 am

Erybis wrote:
Fishpick wrote:
blackrising wrote:
And then kill each other over who gets the most fertile female.
And once your testosterone-fueled fight has almost eradicated the male population, we feminists can take over and keep the few remaining males as slaves, used for keeping the world populated.
You can't win.
:twisted:
I may be late to this, and since the game's been released, I don't even know if you'll be reading this soon. But there's actually no need to keep any men. With the advancement of science, all we need are skin cells and ovums. And clone ourselves every generation. Men can all die, and without them, women can live on.
God damn it, Fishpick. Why?! You traitor, you.
Fuck it's going to be like Y: The Last Man except no one will try and save the men.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios

dragonfi
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:10 am

Re: I just noticed

Post by dragonfi » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:28 am

Silentcook wrote:You are silly people.
Well, thank you. I take it as a compliment.
Drkstrm wrote:Ah, you wuss. The might of... Erm... I dunno, Bill Bailey and orange juice... Yeah, that stuff can keep you awake indefinitely! It's what I've done over the past day or two...
The game is now released, so I don't know when will you read this, but sleeping is quite a nice form of waiting.
Not to mention that I'm now fresh and can fully enjoy the game, compared to someone who's on the brink of exhaustion.
(Well, I have to study for my qunatum mechanics exam, but after that it will be a nice reward.)

Oh, and I will probably take my time. No use to rush the experience. (That being said, I'm sure I will be anchored in front of my computer for hours...)

User avatar
Teclo
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:32 pm
Location: Engaging in some serious parity time

Re: I just noticed

Post by Teclo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:25 am

God damn it. I took so many Pro Plus pills to stay awake that I'm now far too jacked up to relax and read. I've got to the class introduction scene even though I downloaded it right when it was released. I keep alt-tabbing out and browsing the internet. I'll have to just get into bed and eventually drift off until later today.
Image

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako

Post Reply